Week 4: NY Jets vs PIT Steelers

Bobby816

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we put up points each week going 1-7 and Saleh has the balls to fire Ulbrich and take over the D then I’m fine keeping him for a 3rd year. If the team is struggling and he doesn’t make any changes then he is going to be the change in the offseason.  

100% agree. Show the ability to deviate from your comfort zone. Get comfortable being uncomfortable. That is the mark of a good athlete and a good coach. I believe he has the mind set, but I don't want him to talk about it anymore, show us. 

16 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

100% agree. Show the ability to deviate from your comfort zone. Get comfortable being uncomfortable. That is the mark of a good athlete and a good coach. I believe he has the mind set, but I don't want him to talk about it anymore, show us. 

"All gas no brake" "60 percent" "The little details" "Receipts" 

Really Hope we dont kill Zach out there with our O line the way it is ... need to establish the run game ... and chip etc on all passes to give Zach a chance to see the field and make some plays ... from all accounts for the most part our receivers do get open ... just need to hit them and cut down the drops ... a solid running game will go a long way to contributing to our success on offense.

And God hope we play JJ Clemons ... Williams a Lot more time instead of rotating then and get some pressure for once ... we need to play Sauce and Reed in Man more often on early downs ... and Joyner needs to play less on the Back end ... Dont know what we can do to fix our LBs but thats always the weakest aspect of our coverage ... almost have to play a Safety with our LBs for coverage role and trust our DL to hold up run 

36 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

"All gas no brake" "60 percent" "The little details" "Receipts" 

All the marks of a salesman who has shown no ability to be this teams commander in chief. The cheerleader stuff is all well and good if guys are buying in. Having arguably our two best defensive players call out the coaches for bad play calling and communication is a massive red-flag. 14 games left. If we net a top 5 pick you just bring in a new staff next year. I want to keep Douglas and I am always adamant about Woody staying TF out of football decisions, but Woody loves Harbaugh and if he has to get involved to get him here with Fangio I really don't care what's sacrificed to do so. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Dan Campbell is a guy where even if the Lions get 3 wins he deserves to see his plan through. Going to the media and saying he messed up and made a bad decision and that’s why they lost gets 100% respect instead of coach speak, blaming players or I would do it again if it came up. 

Some of these guys are afraid to face the music. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Dan Campbell is a guy where even if the Lions get 3 wins he deserves to see his plan through. Going to the media and saying he messed up and made a bad decision and that’s why they lost gets 100% respect instead of coach speak, blaming players or I would do it again if it came up. 

Some of these guys are afraid to face the music. 

Absolutely. Now I don't follow them obviously, outside of Hard Knocks, but those boys are buying in. The guys they cut even said they are building something special. That says a lot. It helps that they have a decent starting QB. Goff isn't special but he's substantially better than the play we've gotten since 2015. That helps. They also hit on their LT and DE. They have cornerstones. 

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Absolutely. Now I don't follow them obviously, outside of Hard Knocks, but those boys are buying in. The guys they cut even said they are building something special. That says a lot. It helps that they have a decent starting QB. Goff isn't special but he's substantially better than the play we've gotten since 2015. That helps. They also hit on their LT and DE. They have cornerstones. 

Yeah I’ve always said it’s not about losing or winning but how you do it. We, as a team, have terrible habits. We cannot have it with our leaders if we want sustainable success. Like how do Joyner and Gardner have the same communication breakdown in B2B weeks. Joyner sucks, Gardner is a rookie yet somehow they’re dealing with uncertainty in a system where our coach says he wants them thinking less so they can use their athletic gifts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah I’ve always said it’s not about losing or winning but how you do it. We, as a team, have terrible habits. We cannot have it with our leaders if we want sustainable success. Like how do Joyner and Gardner have the same communication breakdown in B2B weeks. Joyner sucks, Gardner is a rookie yet somehow they’re dealing with uncertainty in a system where our coach says he wants them thinking less so they can use their athletic gifts.

It’s coaching for me. When was the last time we came out of the locker room and looked great from the get go. 1st 2 drives scoring and keeping the pedal down? I can’t recall any. Seems every game we come out and look slow and next thing we know we’re down 2 scores and have to start doing something more drastic to get back in the game.

Ya tye players have to execute and it’s not easy to start hot every game in the NFL. But to start slow every game is coaching. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s coaching for me. When was the last time we came out of the locker room and looked great from the get go. 1st 2 drives scoring and keeping the pedal down? I can’t recall any. Seems every game we come out and look slow and next thing we know we’re down 2 scores and have to start doing something more drastic to get back in the game.

Ya tye players have to execute and it’s not easy to start hot every game in the NFL. But to start slow every game is coaching. 

Yeah I dont remember the last time this team wasn't consistently playing from behind. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We definitely had a few opening drive scores last year and played well on offense but our Defense is so abysmal they couldn't stop anyone...which has also been the same this year. 

Hate to call this a must win but if we plan on playing meaningful games after the bye this is one we need to get.  With the issue we have I think it's safe to say PIT has more.  They struggle to run the ball, their QB play is worse then ours, and they are missing key pieces on D (Watt, Witherspoon).  It's a road game against a well coached squad but this is one we need to have.

Yet again we need to control the trenches, win the TO battle, and not commit drive killing penalties or drive continuing penalties like JFM last week.

We do that and we win.  CIN dominated the trenches and won the TO battle and we had no shot last week.  PIT OL is not good and their run is bad but that was the case last week and we still couldn't do it.  Hope these adjustments Ulbrich is talking about show up.  After calling out Q yesterday his ice just got a lot thinner.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Hate to call this a must win but if we plan on playing meaningful games after the bye this is one we need to get.  With the issue we have I think it's safe to say PIT has more.  They struggle to run the ball, their QB play is worse then ours, and they are missing key pieces on D (Watt, Witherspoon).  It's a road game against a well coached squad but this is one we need to have.

Yet again we need to control the trenches, win the TO battle, and not commit drive killing penalties or drive continuing penalties like JFM last week.

We do that and we win.  CIN dominated the trenches and won the TO battle and we had no shot last week.  PIT OL is not good and their run is bad but that was the case last week and we still couldn't do it.  Hope these adjustments Ulbrich is talking about show up.  After calling out Q yesterday his ice just got a lot thinner.

I’d say we have to win 1 of these next 2. MIA without Tua is winnable possibly now. So if we can get one against Pitt or MIA we still have optimism

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d say we have to win 1 of these next 2. MIA without Tua is winnable possibly now. So if we can get one against Pitt or MIA we still have optimism

If we get both, that sets the table for some potential wild card contention at least meaningful games in December/January. 

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If we get both, that sets the table for some potential wild card contention at least meaningful games in December/January. 

Absolutely. Especially if Wilson can’t start showing he’s an asset and not just a guy we’re evaluating.