Week 4 GDT: Raiders vs. Broncos - Just when baby?

big_palooka

Just now, Geezy said:

Defense and run game carried us this game. When the pass game catches up we’re going to be nice. 

New staff I’d expect both sides of the ball to improve as the year goes on. Pass game definitely not in sync yet. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Defense and run game carried us this game. When the pass game catches up we’re going to be nice. 

If they ever do. Jacobs/White look great and the defense looks pretty good as well. Once we get our starting corners back, it will look more like Week 1. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I want the team to be good. To win a Super Bowl you need an elite QB a very vast majority of the time. Carr is a slightly above average QB. You’re never gonna win a SB with him unless you have a stud HC, #1 defense in the NFL, Top 5 OL, and Top 5 weapon core. Just not very realistic. 

Also, if anyone is obsessed with Derek Carr in the past 8 years, it is definitely you. This statement coming from you is pure irony. You are literally Carr’s biggest fan of all time. And do not criticize him at all. His bad plays and bad games you just disappear instead of criticizing. I don’t disappear when Carr has a good game, I give him props. 

100 percent false.  Look back on posts from week 1 of this year, I said Carr did not look good.  I call it like I see it.  I have never called Carr and elite QB, however I feel like Carr is a top 12 QB in the NFL, a tier below the elites of the league.  Has he looked like it so far this year, no he has not but I am reserving judgment on how he looks in this O until the end of the season.  Too many new players, a complex new scheme with another new staff, it will take time for it all to click.  

My beef with you is you spout of how you want an upgrade every season hut every option you've suggested has been straight up trash.  Trade multiples firsts to move up for Tua or Fields, trade the house for Watson or Russ who looks cooked.  All terrible ideas just like I have said when you suggested them.  

Show me a legit upgrade over Carr and I am all for it but everything that has been suggested is downright foolish and would set this franchise back years.  I have been vocal about spending a 3rd or beyond on a developmental QB and if that QB pans out and is a clear upgrade, I would have no issue moving on.  I have said all of this for years. 

I have not been in favor of trading three or four 1st rounders to move up for Tua or Fields like you suggested.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dessie said:

New staff I’d expect both sides of the ball to improve as the year goes on. Pass game definitely not in sync yet. 

Definitely, a lot of miscommunication/timing stuff that will only get better with time. McDaniels needs to call a more balanced game and Carr needs to use all his weapons, at that point we will be lethal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

100 percent false.  Look back on posts from week 1 of this year, I said Carr did not look good.  I call it like I see it.  I have never called Carr and elite QB, however I feel like Carr is a top 12 QB in the NFL, a tier below the elites of the league.  Has he looked like it so far this year, no he has not but I am reserving judgment on how he looks in this O until the end of the season.  Too many new players, a complex new scheme with another new staff, it will take time for it all to click.  

My beef with you is you spout of how you want an upgrade every season hut every option you've suggested has been straight up trash.  Trade multiples firsts to move up for Tua or Fields, trade the house for Watson or Russ who looks cooked.  All terrible ideas just like I have said when you suggested them.  

Show me a legit upgrade over Carr and I am all for it but everything that has been suggested is downright foolish and would set this franchise back years.  I have been vocal about spending a 3rd or beyond on a developmental QB and if that QB pans out and is a clear upgrade, I would have no issue moving on.  I have said all of this for years. 

I have not been in favor of trading three or four 1st rounders to move up for Tua or Fields like you suggested.  

The fact is many Carr backers would never trade up for a raw QB with traits like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, etc. They want the QB to me an upgrade asap like you are saying. No QB in the draft is an upgrade right away. You develop them. You develop their traits and make them a great QB. This forum calls any raw QB in the draft complete trash, including Allen. The only way super Carr fans would ever even entertain it is if we had the #1 pick. And even then, they’d probably say trade the pick for a haul lmao. 

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The fact is many Carr backers would never trade up for a raw QB with traits like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, etc. They want the QB to me an upgrade asap like you are saying. No QB in the draft is an upgrade right away. You develop them. You develop their traits and make them a great QB. This forum calls any raw QB in the draft complete trash, including Allen. The only way super Carr fans would ever even entertain it is if we had the #1 pick. And even then, they’d probably say trade the pick for a haul lmao. 

Don't forget Jordan Love. Who you literally had the biggest hard on for. 

I have come across A LOT of armchair GM/Talent Evaluators. You put the trolls on twitter to shame. You are literally the worst evaluator of football talent that has ever commented on football.

It honestly has become the funniest part of the Raider Sub. Watching you continually make a fool outta yourself with the upmost confidence that you are right. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Look, I get our defense gives us low expectations but guys, Denver hadn't scored more than 16 all year and they've played some "meh" teams.

Just trying to keep things in perspective 

This. 

The team did well enough to win and I’m happy for that. 

The defense did enough. They don’t deserve any praise that some posters are giving though. Glad to see the first defensive TD in 3 years, ugh.  Not happy that they gave up more points to Denver then the other scrub teams they’ve faced though. 

The offense did enough. Clearly not clicking completely, but nice to see Mcd let Jacobs run more. Also, I’m more impressed with the offense scoring 26 points against that defense. Red zone issues persist, but fgs are points too and they all add up. 

We get some guys back on both sides of the ball and that will help. One game closer to this offense clicking imo. These guys all need to come out fired up and ready to punch KC in the mouth if they really want to get back in this. Assuming we do lose, use the bye to get healthy and figure things out because they’ll have to go on a streak. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RaiderChef said:

Don't forget Jordan Love. Who you literally had the biggest hard on for. 

I have come across A LOT of armchair GM/Talent Evaluators. You put the trolls on twitter to shame. You are literally the worst evaluator of football talent that has ever commented on football.

It honestly has become the funniest part of the Raider Sub. Watching you continually make a fool outta yourself with the upmost confidence that you are right. 

“Biggest hard on” for? I had him as a Mid 1st Rounder and didn’t list him as a Top 5 choice for #12 or #19 in neither the 12th pick thread and 19th pick thread. Just because I wrote a few Love posts about his traits does not mean I wanted to draft him nor a “hard on” for him. I thought Burrow was the clear head and shoulders #1 QB in that draft and had Tua as #2. 

You are nothing but a Carr homer who will never know what a good team looks like, because you are totally 100% fine with mediocre QB play. You think it’s good QB play. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

“Biggest hard on” for? I had him as a Mid 1st Rounder and didn’t list him as a Top 5 choice for #12 or #19 in neither the 12th pick thread and 19th pick thread. Just because I wrote a few Love posts about his traits does not mean I wanted to draft him nor a “hard on” for him. I thought Burrow was the clear head and shoulders #1 QB in that draft and had Tua as #2. 

You are nothing but a Carr homer who will never know what a good team looks like, because you are totally 100% fine with mediocre QB play. You think it’s good QB play. 

So, like you with our defense as you keep trying to push that they're playing good for not crumbling against the offensive football version of Helen Keller?

• Like 1