Week 4 GDT: Raiders vs. Broncos - Just when baby?

big_palooka

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Exactly. We should have gotten the rust out of the system by now and excuses are running out very soon. We need to start putting better games together and I do think we have high potential if/when we click.

For sure, football is such a momentum sport. Just need to change the narrative and have players start to believe again. 
Honestly week 1, first drive when Carr misses waller in the redzone I think hurt the team a lot mentally. Scoring a TD there wouldve been massive for teammorale. 
Then things spiral from there, couple more drops, and bad throws, and all of a sudden we have people saying we are the worst team in the league. 

We are 0-3, and have a point differential of -13. 
In years past, weve been 2-1 with a point differential of -13 haha. 

Just need to get a win, and get some belief in the players again. Sounds like energy is up this week (as it should be). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

This seriously makes me question Carr's intelligence. He has 9 years experience playing the position and willingly let's his coach treat him like a rookie? "I am going to do what coach tells me no matter the coverage"...... SMH.....

But if the first read is open, is Carr supposed to just not throw to the guy? 
He has hit waller in both hands 3 times in the redzone that have all been dropped. 

Passes couldve been better yes, but, Waller was the first read, and open. 
Same with some bad passes, like against the chargers first drive where Carr just missed Waller in endzone. 

The plays are there to be made, we just arent connecting. But if the first read is open, I expect a QB to go to the open player? 
Do you disagree? If first read is open, DC with our Oline, should still check his 2nd and 3rd reads just in case?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

He has hit waller in both hands 3 times in the redzone that have all been dropped. 

Same with some bad passes, like against the chargers first drive where Carr just missed Waller in endzone. 

The plays are there to be made, we just arent connecting. But if the first read is open, I expect a QB to go to the open player? 
Do you disagree? If first read is open, DC with our Oline, should still check his 2nd and 3rd reads just in case?

You are jumping to an extreme here.

Obviously, if the 1st read is open, the QB should throw there. I am talking about those moments when an experienced QB can tell pre-snap that the 1st read will be covered. That's when he should skip the 1st read and look for others. If Carr can't read a defense pre-snap, then the Raiders are screwed. ** I can't confirm or deny if Carr can do that. Just speculating **

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

You are jumping to an extreme here.

Obviously, if the 1st read is open, the QB should throw there. I am talking about those moments when an experienced QB can tell pre-snap that the 1st read will be covered. That's when he should skip the 1st read and look for others. If Carr can't read a defense pre-snap, then the Raiders are screwed. ** I can't confirm or deny if Carr can do that. Just speculating **

Fair enough, ill agree to that to an extent. Def feel like ive seen a few plays where Waller has been covered by a LB pre snap, and should get the ball. 

Just think, for all the negativity right now towards the play calling / carr / JMD (which I agree deserves some blame), we are still in top 10 in points. . . and have left a TON of points on the field with poor execution.  (drops, bad throws, sacks, penalties, etc). 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair enough, ill agree to that to an extent. Def feel like ive seen a few plays where Waller has been covered by a LB pre snap, and should get the ball. 

Just think, for all the negativity right now towards the play calling / carr / JMD (which I agree deserves some blame), we are still in top 10 in points. . . and have left a TON of points on the field with poor execution.  (drops, bad throws, sacks, penalties, etc). 

I am already on the McDaniels hate train. The only way I will get off it, is if the Raiders make the playoffs. And even then, I still won't like him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I am already on the McDaniels hate train. The only way I will get off it, is if the Raiders make the playoffs. And even then, I still won't like him.

for sure, I get it. I hate the lack of run game approach. 
The plays he has called, have given us legit chances to put up 30 each week though, but the on field execution of it is holding us back right now. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I think people are reading too much into those statements. Agree with the above, we’ve basically (from what I recall) left 6 TDs on the table through 3 games through drops or bad throws, so we’re obviously creating chances, just not finishing them. That is the hardest thing to do and I’d be more worried if we weren’t creating those chances. The really good thing is that those issues can be cleaned up and are probably, alongside adjusting the run/pass ratio, the easiest fixes. 

I am still optimistic we pull things together, start finishing chances and become a dangerous team.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I am still optimistic we pull things together, start finishing chances and become a dangerous team.

Exactly

The doom and gloomers that hate Carr are acting like we're getting destroyed every game. Each loss has been a one score game and we're a fluke fumble and a couple catches from a usually reliable Waller away from being 2-1.

No need to buy the BS they're selling....... yet

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Exactly

The doom and gloomers that hate Carr are acting like we're getting destroyed every game. Each loss has been a one score game and we're a fluke fumble and a couple catches from a usually reliable Waller away from being 2-1.

No need to buy the BS they're selling....... yet

But what about the doom and gloomers that don't hate Carr? (Points to self)

There's just so much to hate right now. Overall performance, penalties at horrible times, red zone defense, etc etc. It does feel like, wow we're 3 plays away from 3-0.....but on the other hand how many 0-3 teams make the playoffs? And with this unreliable of team performance? Hate to admit it because I was full of hope. But I've boarded the hate train until proven otherwise. 😂

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NickButera said:

.but on the other hand how many 0-3 teams make the playoffs?

Who cares what the percentages are, its been done. We know it is possible. Therefore I'd say its fair to say, Good teams can make it happen. 
Lets put on our big boy pants, and go to work and beat Den, get to 1-3 and try to turn the season around. 

Its funny, Carr throws the ball away on 4th down, in a meaningless game, that we were already down 2 scores in and fans rip on him for giving up / not giving us a chance.
Yet now, everyone giving up on this team, not giving them a chance. . . 
In their own words about Carr, "its just a loser attitude / mentality." Winners, win. We arent out, so lets keep fighting. 

Everyone is so eager to be right, that it seems a lot actually our happy when we lose. Its brutal.

Season is not over. We lost 3 straight last year and still found a way in. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, NickButera said:

But what about the doom and gloomers that don't hate Carr? (Points to self)

There's just so much to hate right now. Overall performance, penalties at horrible times, red zone defense, etc etc. It does feel like, wow we're 3 plays away from 3-0.....but on the other hand how many 0-3 teams make the playoffs? And with this unreliable of team performance? Hate to admit it because I was full of hope. But I've boarded the hate train until proven otherwise. 😂

Such people exist?? You belong in a museum lol.

I'm doom and gloom about McDaniels, I'll say that much. Overall though, I've seen enough to say we can still turn it around. You're right about our odds of making the playoffs, no doubt. I still believe we can though but if we lose against Denver, it's pretty much a wrap. 

• Like 1

On the subject of our o line and also scholarship ex pat players anyone else read  this article and the quote in it.....the former Patriots lineman has the fifth-highest blown-block percentage of anyone who has played at least 50 snaps this season.” .......well that’s no bueno.😆 let’s hope James comes back, and bars/Simpson/whoever can improve. I’m optimistic about the rooks and they were solid picks.....however, with the exception of harmon, scholarship ex pats? Not so optimistic at this point...😒