Week 4 Thread: Commanders (1-2) at Cowboys (2-1): 1 PM on FOX (GIF Theme: John Wayne/Clint Eastwood)

MikeT14

I HATE how we never get better and are NEVER bad enough to get the 1st pick. We are always trash but not the worst trash and stay trash. They refuse to tank and would just stay mediocre drafting pass rushers every single year and having scrub QB's.

• Like 2

We have the worst o-line in the NFL. It's not very fun or easy to throw the ball when you have a guy that's untouched running right between the guard and center. Problem is, Wentz is used to this and when he does get time he thinks he's going to get hit and rushes his throws. He's been terrible these last 3 weeks, but the o-line isn't helping anything. This team is bad but they aren't bad enough to get a top 5 pick. There's going to be a mid season push that gets 4 or 5 wins and we will get a top 10 pick but won't be good enough to make the playoffs or bad enough to get a top 5. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott Land said:

We have the worst o-line in the NFL. It's not very fun or easy to throw the ball when you have a guy that's untouched running right between the guard and center. Problem is, Wentz is used to this and when he does get time he thinks he's going to get hit and rushes his throws. He's been terrible these last 3 weeks, but the o-line isn't helping anything. This team is bad but they aren't bad enough to get a top 5 pick. There's going to be a mid season push that gets 4 or 5 wins and we will get a top 10 pick but won't be good enough to make the playoffs or bad enough to get a top 5. 

They can’t score and they can’t stop anyone from scoring. I don’t foresee a mid season push this time. They’re genuine contenders for the first pick. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They can’t score and they can’t stop anyone from scoring. I don’t foresee a mid season push this time. They’re genuine contenders for the first pick. 

They didn't score against the Eagles and the Cowboys, two of the better defenses in the league. Will the offense explode, absolutely not. But they aren't contenders for the first pick, and if I'm wrong I'll gladly swallow my pride on being wrong about this to get a franchise QB. 

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The only wildcards are the return of Chase Young and Brian Robinson.  I could see both being big contributors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Sweat was getting held on every play. It was ridiculous & never called.

Total BS

I also think he is terrible at actually shedding blocks as well. He definitely got held. The refs were blind to all of the Cowboys penalties, but Montez Sweat has been really underwhelming this year. 

On 9/27/2022 at 2:47 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Maybe we'll beat Dallas because they're thinking we're the Steelers. Lol

Seriously though...

The ONLY cool thing about the name change, uni changes & helmet changes is this, imo.

We get to see our team dawn black uni's.

My thoughts....hell, we might as well.

They've stripped us from Redskins

They've tried to incorporate the HTTR song with a new cheesy, corny, stupid, substitute.

Our team sucks

Our coaches suck

Our players suck

Our stadium & field sucks

Our fans suck

Now we get to have either a dog, or a hog as our mascot. Are you ******* serious?

Jacoby gets snubbed from the HOF

Brian Robinson gets shot

The list of suck just keeps on coming....

Imo, EVERYTHING about this team, our Country, the current state of the World, etc.

Is Dark....real Dark.

Black even....

So I see nothing better than to represent that going into Dallas next week wearing these Dark ludicrous (nothing to do with Washington Redskins football or tradition)

Black uniforms. We're doing everything to erase Redskins tradition & United States history.

So what better, than to wear exactly what everything looks like to me regarding the world we currently live in & the football team I have loved since I was 5 years old.

BLACK Darkness

Who knows? Maybe they'll look like a football team next Sunday.

That design on a black uniform is hideous. The more I have looked at them the more I puke when I see them. Gawd, if only to get every ounce of Snyder (Tanya and Dan) out of the way. None of these uni's have any consistency and seriously confuse the identity that we already don't have. 

It's just disgusting.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The only wildcards are the return of Chase Young and Brian Robinson.  I could see both being big contributors. 

Getting a single sack and scoring a single TD would be better contributions than this sack of crap called the Commanders. 

• Like 1

Love being in the underdog role & we will be that for the rest of the season.

No expectations, but can ruin dreams for others.

Getting Robinson & Young back will play a bigger role than anyone here including myself can imagine.

If we can find a way to protect Wentz, we will do better than most expect.

I'm expecting us to go on a run. We can do that over the next 4 games.

I think if Washington gets 🔥, they will be a tough train to slow down.

But we're gonna have to string a few wins in a row, to do that.

These next 4 games will be telling, imo.

Gonna be honest with you guys……I feel asleep at the start of the fourth quarter.  Not surprised I woke up an hour later to a game we lost.  

This team has the same talent level as when Rivera got here.  We just re-shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic.  No long-term QB solution, horrible LB corps, mediocre secondary, great OL coach, above average weapons in the passing game.  Literally similar roster construction.  We also lost Kyle Smith in the front office, and I’ve already noticed a stark difference in how we approach the draft.  

Also, getting really tired of the people thinking Robinson is going to make a difference.  This team averaged 5.3 YPC on the ground yesterday.  Old Man Stewart almost had 10 YPC!!!!!  We had 142 yards on the ground compared to 155 through the air (before subtracting for sacks.). The running game is not the problem. 

• Like 2