Week 4 Thread: Commanders (1-2) at Cowboys (2-1): 1 PM on FOX (GIF Theme: John Wayne/Clint Eastwood)

MikeT14

1 minute ago, IHatesnyder said:

Sounds like they will but it’s most likely . Yea jackson going kill our communication again .

If one of you guys started a thread....

And the thread was "who has been Rivera's worst FA signing since he got here"?

#1 on my list would be CB William Jackson.

Followed by #2 on my list CB William Jackson.

Imo, he's 1 of the major problems in our secondary.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Ironically (or not), he's the perfect candidate we're going to cut this year and he will be successful somewhere else next year. 

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Most of that is their failure to scheme appropriately. Either change to a man cover scheme to fit the big FA signing, or sign someone else. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl/2021-nfl-free-agent-scouting-report-william-jackson

Jackson has quietly made a name for himself playing for the struggling Bengals. His production and skill set has been hidden due to the team’s losing ways, but if Jackson can find a home on a winning team, then expect to hear his name more often. He is a terrific man-to-man corner who is extremely fluid in the hips and can change direction to break up passes in a hurry. He has the agility to snap around and close on the ball to break up passes. His ball skills are exceptional as he always finds a way to locate the football and get at least one hand on it if not both for an interception. He possesses the kind of top-tier recovery speed and the competitiveness to never truly be out of a play when beaten. Where Jackson falls short is in the area of play strength. He doesn’t have the ideal frame or length to deal with the game’s biggest receivers in press coverage, which limits the schemes in which he can succeed. He can also get grabby in coverage when losing his balance and draw penalty flags. Jackson could be a steal in free agency this offseason to any team in search of a man-coverage corner to hold down the outside. He wasn’t able to burst onto the scene playing in Cincinnati, but look for him to make a move to finally get the respect he deserves in the league.

Square peg, round hole. Under a different D-Coordinator who knew how to utilize players to their full capabilities, he excels. He is not a zone coverage CB. There can be several comparisons made, but essentially they took a pocket passing QB and said "no in our scheme you are going to be primarily a mobile QB."

• Like 5

16 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Why won’t u start the thread 

cause I know a lot of us will point out the moves 

On 9/28/2022 at 3:27 PM, IHatesnyder said:

Wentz expects him self to play better

That will be a weekly, scripted post game response from Carson. Even in a win.

If your OL protects vs Dallas as they did last week against the Eagles , he's in for a long day. Parsons/DLaw 🙈

Go Washington!

Another game I’m not looking forward to watching, I hope they prove me wrong, but the longer this goes on & this team continues to play more and more uninspired  football I just can’t wait until Rivera is gone. There’s just little inspiration left from me for him or the team he’s coaching. Hopefully Turner figures out a way to get Terry the ball, lately we haven’t even had that to look forward to which is all we had the last 4 years!

On 9/28/2022 at 6:27 PM, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl/2021-nfl-free-agent-scouting-report-william-jackson

Square peg, round hole. Under a different D-Coordinator who knew how to utilize players to their full capabilities, he excels. He is not a zone coverage CB. There can be several comparisons made, but essentially they took a pocket passing QB and said "no in our scheme you are going to be primarily a mobile QB."

Essentially they did the opposite of what they did when they signed Josh Norman. Norman was a great zone corner in Rivera’s zone D, but Bruce signed him to play in our mostly man to man scheme. Surprise! It didn’t go very well.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:00 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Most of that is their failure to scheme appropriately. Either change to a man cover scheme to fit the big FA signing, or sign someone else. 

It’s too late for that now. Hopefully they move on after this season bc it’s just not working with WJ3.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:47 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Maybe we'll beat Dallas because they're thinking we're the Steelers. Lol

Seriously though...

The ONLY cool thing about the name change, uni changes & helmet changes is this, imo.

We get to see our team dawn black uni's.

My thoughts....hell, we might as well.

They've stripped us from Redskins

They've tried to incorporate the HTTR song with a new cheesy, corny, stupid, substitute.

Our team sucks

Our coaches suck

Our players suck

Our stadium & field sucks

Our fans suck

Now we get to have either a dog, or a hog as our mascot. Are you ******* serious?

Jacoby gets snubbed from the HOF

Brian Robinson gets shot

The list of suck just keeps on coming....

Imo, EVERYTHING about this team, our Country, the current state of the World, etc.

Is Dark....real Dark.

Black even....

So I see nothing better than to represent that going into Dallas next week wearing these Dark ludicrous (nothing to do with Washington Redskins football or tradition)

Black uniforms. We're doing everything to erase Redskins tradition & United States history.

So what better, than to wear exactly what everything looks like to me regarding the world we currently live in & the football team I have loved since I was 5 years old.

BLACK Darkness

Who knows? Maybe they'll look like a football team next Sunday.

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

I never thought I’d see such a post from Ace. 

We’ll wonder if this team will have done some soul searching. I understand the coaching isn’t great but these players aren’t winning their matchups. Players are reaponsible for disguising looks and I’m sorry the team doesn’t do the little things too to bottom on and off the field in practice to compete with teams they should be able to match with. Hopefully we give Dallas a real 4 quarters but this OL and defense and honestly the whole staff need to look in the mirror because there isn’t creativity or alpha on any level on any unit and it’s sad