Week 4 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

On 9/27/2022 at 10:01 AM, Forge said:

I will say that the the biggest thing Rams fans should be worried about is keeping Stafford healthy. If there's a game where you can see him getting hurt, it's this one

Yeah, thats my only hope for this game. Not having stafford get injured because you never want to see that, but basically, this DL needs to assert dominance and make Stafford fear for his life. 

Last year there were times when McVay caught DeMeco with his pants down in certain coverages. McVay knew what we were were going to run and had the perfect counter to it. I get it, hard to gameplan for the same team for a third time after doing very well the previous two. 

I bet DeMeco will have something for Kupp this week. He is one of the best WRs in the NFL at diagnosing coverage and adjusting his route. I think we need to mix man and zone coverages, get stafford to second guess his eyes and let the pass rush get home. I think there are a lot of times I would like to see us play man on kupp with zone on everyone else. Force someone else to beat us - their other WRs are very average, so I do not fear having 1v1 coverage elsewhere. Lets get after Stafford early and make him get the ball out of his hands fast, that will allow our back end to sit on routes and get their hands on the ball

It's a shame Ward is out still. Would have been great to have him man up Kupp in the slot considering how well our other safeties have played. 

This defense will get take aways this week, perhaps a defensive score. 

49ers win 18-16 (6 FGs vs two TDs and a safety LOL)

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

28-13, 49ers win. Rams have Cooper Kupp and.... nothing else. Yeah last week Jimmy was bad, awful, pathetic, rudimentary, horrid... but that isn't gonna happen two weeks in a row.

The Atlanta falcons and Marcus mariota put up 27 on this defense. I AINT SCURRED!

(Just checked the game logs and all those points were garbage time, a blocked punt, and a safety.. so that point isn't as good as I originally thought 🤣)

Edited by adamq
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

28-13, 49ers win. Rams have Cooper Kupp and.... nothing else. Yeah last week Jimmy was bad, awful, pathetic, rudimentary, horrid... but that isn't gonna happen two weeks in a row.

All joking aside, Tyler Higbee is like a real player now. He needs to be accounted for. 

I'm not sure what to do with Arob yet. I feel like he will be contained with the guys we have on the outside. At least I hope. 

• Like 2

We're going to get SMOKED.

For one thing, our OL is in shambles right now. McVay has done a great job play calling for what should have been two blowout wins the last two weeks if not for some rust and weirdness.

But those were against putrid fronts and bad overall defenses. Bosa and Armstrong are going to live in the backfield. This will very much resemble last years Monday night game unfortunately.

Y'all should be extremely confident. Our defense played off coverage against the Cardinals and they don't have the personnel to really beat us with that. If we do that against the Niners, we'll be playing right into Jimmy's hands. I have zero faith in the Rams to go into SF and get a W.

Niners 27

Rams 6

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

For one thing, our OL is in shambles right now. McVay has done a great job play calling for what should have been two blowout wins the last two weeks if not for some rust and weirdness.

But those were against putrid fronts and bad overall defenses. Bosa and Armstrong are going to live in the backfield. This will very much resemble last years Monday night game unfortunately.

Y'all should be extremely confident. Our defense played off coverage against the Cardinals and they don't have the personnel to really beat us with that. If we do that against the Niners, we'll be playing right into Jimmy's hands. I have zero faith in the Rams to go into SF and get a W.

Niners 27

Rams 6

Both teams will win 27-6 until the outcome is observed and the quantum waveform is collapsed.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Niners 27

Rams 6

You can't triple stamp a double stamp

• Like 1

At least we’re consistent as a forum. Go back and read a few games at threads from early last year. I just did and it had me cracking up. Same debates. Same cynicism.  Same people even on the same side, with a few random troll accounts stirring the same Jimmy pot up.  Even the same if lance wasn’t hurt posts.  I think in the future I’m just gonna cut and past random posts from previous losses and see if anyone notices. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, straighthate said:

At least we’re consistent as a forum. Go back and read a few games at threads from early last year. I just did and it had me cracking up. Same debates. Same cynicism.  Same people even on the same side, with a few random troll accounts stirring the same Jimmy pot up.  Even the same if lance wasn’t hurt posts.  I think in the future I’m just gonna cut and past random posts from previous losses and see if anyone notices. 

No surprise. With Jimmy back it's a lot of the same frustrations we had at this time last year. It's groundhog day.

Week 4 we were coming off a primetime game against the Packers where the offense no showed in the first half, Jimmy made a ridiculously awful and stupid play like the safety where he threw a backward pass directly at the ground that was recovered by the Packers. 

The week before that we had a piss poor offensive performance against the eagles, and no showed the second half of Detroit. Understandable why people would be wary. 

Similarly, Injuries were also piling up.  The running back room was already down to sermon and giving juice a half dozen carries, verrett was out for the year and relying on Josh Norman at corner, javon Kinlaw went down for the year, etc

The first time we played the Rams we were 3-5 and coming off a ridiculous loss to colt McCoy and were weeks from Jimmy bombing another game against the colts and nearly getting benched against Chicago. I don't think people were having a whole lot of fun with that. 

I would imagine that people in here view the season playing out similarly again.

I'm pretty sure someone in here said it when Trey went down that the crappy thing was that we now already know how the season goes lol

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure someone in here said it when Trey went down that the crappy thing was that we now already know how the season goes lol

Multiple people said this. idk if this post is really a great “gotchya moment”. the reason last year was insane was because a ton of factors broke right for us to get the season baxk on track. Jimmy was not one of those reasons as well as some insane luck/stupidity by opposing teams in the playoffs. doesn’t diminish a great year, but it’s foolish to think we can start like that and assume the ship will get righted. 

I will say, considering how bad we look, i’m relatively fine. i don’t expect playoffs this year but still expect 7-10 to 9-8 range for us. I assume will win some games we shouldn’t and get on some level of expected normalcy. But sadly, this ship will go as far as jimmy, as we’ve seen and i don’t know why anyone would expect a different story. the only way i’ll change my tune is if jimmy pulls a a pure passing gem out of his *** in the playoffs. but that’s the biggest if.

Defense has been so much fun to watch. But idk if a defense can carry a team like they use too. just too easy for the offense now 

15 minutes ago, John232 said:

Multiple people said this. idk if this post is really a great “gotchya moment”. 

Wasn't meant to be a gotcha moment,  it was just said because he's talking about how similar this year's game day thread is to last year's and I was saying it's because we are basically in the same place, especially with Jimmy back. So much so that people already feel like they know how the season ends. 

We are living in groundhog day. Makes sense that things from this year mirror last year in terms of the forums feelings regarding the team. 

Too early to pull the plug on this year, I still think this is a playoff team. I expected us to be 2-2 and we still have a shot at it.  I don't think things are nearly as dire as they were at 3-5 last year, but if we get to that same point I definitely agree with you that last year was basically a fluke and we wouldn't make it again. 

I don't know what to do with Jimmy. Hoping it's rust. His passes have not been great. Missing a lot of easy passes. If it's not rust, we are definitely in trouble lol

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wasn't meant to be a gotcha moment,  it was just said because he's talking about how similar this year's game day thread is to last year's and I was saying it's because we are basically in the same place, especially with Jimmy back. So much so that people already feel like they know how the season ends. 

We are living in groundhog day. Makes sense that things from this year mirror last year in terms of the forums feelings regarding the team. 

Too early to pull the plug on this year, I still think this is a playoff team. I expected us to be 2-2 and we still have a shot at it.  I don't think things are nearly as dire as they were at 3-5 last year, but if we get to that same point I definitely agree with you that last year was basically a fluke and we wouldn't make it again. 

I don't know what to do with Jimmy. Hoping it's rust. His passes have not been great. Missing a lot of easy passes. If it's not rust, we are definitely in trouble lol

That was more directed at @straighthate. Agree with him though that you could easily go back not just last year, but 2018 pre injury and see similar stuff. It’s funny, but also a hard Groundhog Day scenario too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Niners 27

Rams 6

Armstead many not even play and if he does, he will slowed down as he is dealing with plantar fasciitis. 

LOL at you thinking our offense can score 27 points. Nice joke!!! 

I expect this number to even go up once Jackson really starts to get going. He is starting to flash the last two weeks and once he becomes a consistent force on the opposite end of Bosa, this DL will be even scarier. 

All for the offense to just up 10 points a game like it's the 1940s again 😂.

• Like 1