Week 4 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

21 minutes ago, cHaInBrEaKeRiii said:

Come on Jimmy… Take some responsibility. 

Are you kidding me??? 😂

Even though that was a terrible call from Shanny, how can Jimmy not at least acknowledge the bonehead mistake he made? He kept backing up like he was at the 20 yard line lol. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Are you kidding me??? 😂

Even though that was a terrible call from Shanny, how can Jimmy not at least acknowledge the bonehead mistake he made? He kept backing up like he was at the 20 yard line lol. 

It's kind of a meme at this point but apparently he never really takes blame for things or acknowledges when he does stuff like that? He always says "we" as opposed to "I". I don't listen to pressers, so I can't say that is the case for sure, but I've just seen a lot of people say that stuff on twitter and heard people say it on niner nation. I guess it just like a running gag now

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's kind of a meme at this point but apparently he never really takes blame for things or acknowledges when he does stuff like that? He always says "we" as opposed to "I". I don't listen to pressers, so I can't say that is the case for sure, but I've just seen a lot of people say that stuff on twitter and heard people say it on niner nation. I guess it just like a running gag now

Yes, he absolutely does that. 

Lance took full blame for week 1 and kept saying all the plays he missed and how he lost the game for the team....Jimmy on the other hand will always say, "we just did not make enough plays out there.....we didn't play good enough. we didn't...." you get my point lol.

Jimmy never publicly takes any blame for his play and his mistakes. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 10:50 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, we once again play the Rams on MNF after an embarrassing performance. Did last season after the Cardinals game and even going back to 2020 we played the Rams on SNF after the putrid performance vs the Dolphins. I'm not saying this game is must win as there will still be 13 games to be played in a weak conference but it is undoubtedly a big game to determine the divisional winner. 

The Rams have bounce backed after their terrible loss to the Bills on opening night but they haven't truly hit their stride yet either. So they still have another level or two they can get to before season's end. This will likely be another physical, tough game that comes down to the 4th quarter.

Offensively, can we do ANYTHING please? I am confident our defense will play well and hold the Rams to around 20 points or less, but I have no confidence our offense will be able to score that much until proven otherwise, especially with the loss of Williams. Our OL seriously has not one reliable player at the moment, not ideal lol. While Banks has played well, you can't just say he is a good player yet and he will get a bigger test this week. Kittle is going to need to be involved much more than he was last game but I'm not even sure that is possible since he will be needed to stay back and help in pass protection. When all else fails, just find a way to get the ball to #19! 

Defensively, we will have a huge test with Kupp in the slot against Lenoir. While Lenoir may be the better run defender over Womack, I don't like this match up at all. Womack would at least have somewhat of a chance to compete and hold Kupp in check. The Rams running got going again last week and we will have to deal with Akers/Henderson. Even without Armstead, I think we should be okay in that area. Not that the Rams have faced off against good pass rushes the last two weeks, but Stafford has only been sacked once in each of the last two games. If we are to win, we are going to need at least 4-5 sacks. 

I just have no confidence at all in the offense right now especially with Jimmy making excuses of not being in game shape so I'll go with the Rams here.

Rams 20

Niners 16

You know as well as everyone know the Niners have the Rams number. That alone should give you confidence. Its just like I have full confidence the Rams will beat the Cards. Even when the Cards beat the Rams last season Week 4 the only reason I had cause for pause in their second matchup is the bc the Rams had so many guys out due to injury and covid. Rams still went to Arizona and beat them then embarrassed them in the playoffs. Beat them this season so far.

I strongly believe matchup wise the Rams should win this game. The Niners dont have Williams and really their two best OL guys are out. Thats not a good thing when Donald is in town. If I saw correctly, Jimmy G has eight ints thrown against the Rams which is the most of any one single opponent. Then I think the Rams getting Wagner is huge bc he could be the difference maker on defense when the Niners try to run the ball and get physical. So the Rams need to make Jimmy G beat them. The Rams had them on the ropes Week 18 and blew the halftime lead. The Niners had the Rams on the ropes in the NFCCG in the 4th quarter but blew the lead and Rams won.

All I know is I think this game is going to be interesting. The Rams know if they beat the Niners they will have a two game lead and the head to head lead on both the Niners and Cards (assuming the Cards beat the Panthers which I think they will). Thats the real competition of the Rams in the NFCW. So the Rams know they can legit put some type of strangle hold early in the division lead. Then they will stay unbeaten in conference play at (3-0). The only other team that is unbeaten in the conference is the Eagles at (2-0). They play the Jags out of conference. If the Jags win and Rams win the Rams by conference record will be the 1 seed early in the NFC.

If the Niners win they continue to claim ownership over the Rams and they will pull even at (2-2) with the head to head against the Rams so they will be at the top of the NFCW early as a result. So its going to be an interesting game. Last season playing the Niners in a primetime game the Niners beat down the Rams. They were the more physical team. So it wouldnt shock me if the Niners won as a matter of fact my gut feeling says the Niners win. If Lance was the QB Id lean towards the Rams but with Jimmy G the Niners seem to find a way to beat the Rams. I hope Im wrong and the Rams win but my gut says the Niners win. I just hope its a close game where it takes Jimmy G late drive and end with a GW field goal rather than the Niners blowing the Rams out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't agree that Lenoir looks more dynamic than Womack. Opposite for me. Lenoir was flying around to the ball against Denver and that was good to see but Womack is a different level of playmaker and is better in coverage. Womack had two impressive INTs in preseason and a very nice PBU while getting a FF in limited action last week. I have no idea why this staff would put someone like that on the bench. Some players just find the ball and Womack is one of those players. 

I actually agree about Womack, and I actually felt good about him since day 1.   When we drafted him I wondered how the hell we found another Kwon, the year after he left, in the 5th.  I woulda kept him in there too, but the starter at that spot wasn't my concern.  I was worried we only had Womack at NB. but Lenior looks good in that spot too.

I would have stuck with Womack, but I like what I saw from Lenior as well.  We will see if he can keep Cupp contained.  It might be a match-up based play as well.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Are you kidding me??? 😂

He did if you watched his presser following the Broncos game. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

BTW, you folks get waaaaaayyyyyyy too wrapped into what is or isn't said in media pressers by players and coaches. And I'll never understand why. Especially if you aren't watching the presser itself, and just reading a quote from a tweet without audio/visual context of the quote in the entirety of the original statement. But then you'll essentially psychoanalyze from your couch...?

A lot of time, these guys are just giving autopilot answers, and it doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. They're only up there because they're contractually obligated. Especially right after a tough loss, the last thing these guys probably want to do is talk about it to reporters, and have everything they say scrutinized and/or misconstrued. Especially by certain people that clearly have an agenda or axe to grind. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW, you folks get waaaaaayyyyyyy too wrapped into what is or isn't said in media pressers by players and coaches. And I'll never understand why. Especially if you aren't watching the presser itself, and just reading a quote from a tweet without audio/visual context of the quote in the entirety of the original statement. 

A lot of time, these guys are just giving autopilot answers, and it doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. They're only up there because they're contractually obligated. 

1000%

10 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

A lot of time, these guys are just giving autopilot answers, and it doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. 

That's why I don't watch pressers and also why I've debated the value of anything shanny has said publicly multiple times with people on here.  Words are wind. 

But sometimes they are funny wind