Week 4 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's why I don't watch pressers and also why I've debated the value of anything shanny has said publicly multiple times with people on here.  Words are wind. 

But sometimes they are funny wind

Fair enough. Just seems to me when when there is a loss, players or coaches are taken to task for what they say in a presser, and it's used as an indictment on their character. But when it's following a win, there isn't the same fever-pitch of combing through words. And here is no different. But I dunno, maybe that's just society's habit of focusing on the negative, and sports fandom is no exception to the pattern. 

• Like 1

Posted in the other thread but I'm gonna share it again here since you guys are talking about it still. 

Someone posted elsewhere that he said "if you're open, stop man". Go back and watch it, it fits way better than anything else people thought he said. 

Given the context of the play in question (late interception over the middle) I think Jimmy was actually yelling at deebo for not sitting down in the zone. 

Let's move on from lip-reading-gate (seriously though can we stop adding gate to every scandal??) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's why I don't watch pressers and also why I've debated the value of anything shanny has said publicly multiple times with people on here.  Words are wind. 

But sometimes they are funny wind

There's definitely value in watching these pressers though. That's how I caught on a few things said from Shanny that the beat writers didn't catch. 

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

Posted in the other thread but I'm gonna share it again here since you guys are talking about it still. 

Someone posted elsewhere that he said "if you're open, stop man". Go back and watch it, it fits way better than anything else people thought he said. 

Given the context of the play in question (late interception over the middle) I think Jimmy was actually yelling at deebo for not sitting down in the zone. 

Let's move on from lip-reading-gate (seriously though can we stop adding gate to every scandal??) 

Except that Jimmy threw the ball blind to a spot and Deebo wasn't running a route where he could just stop with the way he was being covered lol. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Brunskill should be the first OL off the bench, regardless of position. If McKivitz or McGlinchey are to get hurt, he needs to be the replacement over Moore. 

Hopefully both are able to go but even if only one of Armstead or Kinlaw go, we should be fine.

Ebukam is getting good pressure but he needs to finish his rushes off with sacks. Need him to get one and need to force two INTs from Stafford. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Maybe so. Either that or "Those plays suck man!!!"

Anyway, we'll be laughing at this once we make the playoffs. 

Mac Jones has been bad in the first three games. 

Fields has been horrible all season. 

Wilson made his debut today and was terrible before the last few drives.

Lawrence was very good in weeks 2 and 3 but was subpar in week 1 and 4.

Buuuut Lance struggled in a monsoon and is a bust! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mac Jones has been bad in the first three games. 

Fields has been horrible all season. 

Wilson made his debut today and was terrible before the last few drives.

Lawrence was very good in weeks 2 and 3 but was subpar in week 1 and 4.

Buuuut Lance struggled in a monsoon and is a bust! 

I don’t think anyone said he’s a bust bro. If they did, they don’t know what they’re talking about. Majority of the people that had anything negative to say about Lance said that he wasn’t ready. 

But that’s all irrelevant now. Let’s hope for a speedy recovery.

50 minutes ago, cHaInBrEaKeRiii said:

I don’t think anyone said he’s a bust bro. If they did, they don’t know what they’re talking about. Majority of the people that had anything negative to say about Lance said that he wasn’t ready. 

But that’s all irrelevant now. Let’s hope for a speedy recovery.

oh, there are plenty of people who think that he's a bust.