—- (1-2) Week 4 vs Cleveland Browns (2-1) —-

iloxygenil

Need to get out to a good start against a team like the Browns. Don't allow them to control the clock with Chubb/Hunt or pin their ears back on defense with Garrett if he plays. If we can remain balanced on offense, we've proven we can move the ball down the field. Limit the turnovers and don't settle for FG's in the red zone. Defense has been up and down. Need to see more consistency this week. Make Brissett beat you. 

All signs point to another close one.

Edited by swoosh

On 9/28/2022 at 3:01 PM, swoosh said:

Need to get out to a good start against a team like the Browns. Don't allow them to control the clock with Chubb/Hunt or pin their ears back on defense with Garrett if he plays. If we can remain balanced on offense, we've proven we can move the ball down the field. Limit the turnovers and don't settle for FG's in the red zone. Defense has been up and down. Need to see more consistency this week. Make Brissett beat you. 

All signs point to another close one.

I don't have a lot of faith in the "Limit the turnovers" part.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:53 AM, DM316 said:

I will say, the silver lining so far this year is the offense has improved to where we are actually fun to watch vs last year.

That defense at the end was bonkers honestly. It was SO strong. I think Zo Carter is getting a contract. We need Ade to be replaced ASAP. 

Mariota played the worst game I’ve seen a QB win. That drive when Arthur basically flopped it out and said here it is what can you do with it and just ran it 10 times. That was $$$

Question is who gets cut to keep Huntley on the active roster? Can’t possibly try to keep him on the PS now right?

15 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

That defense at the end was bonkers honestly. It was SO strong. I think Zo Carter is getting a contract. We need Ade to be replaced ASAP. 

Mariota played the worst game I’ve seen a QB win. That drive when Arthur basically flopped it out and said here it is what can you do with it and just ran it 10 times. That was $$$

Question is who gets cut to keep Huntley on the active roster? Can’t possibly try to keep him on the PS now right?

At what point is Mariota out and clicks that maybe a spark at QB is needed? I thought Huntley would make the preseason 52 but Williams and his special teams use stopped that.

2 hours ago, DM316 said:

At what point is Mariota out and clicks that maybe a spark at QB is needed? I thought Huntley would make the preseason 52 but Williams and his special teams use stopped that.

Yeah someone has to go though and it won’t be Williams with CP hobbled a bit. So who’s gone because Huntley isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

And what on earth made Smith give him the ball instead of TA? Whatever it was, stick with it cause that was brilliant and a spark that absolutely flipped that game.

TA played like a monster too, but that patience Huntley showed was exactly right, after a couple gashes then TA was allowed to really get going. That outside run was impressive.

But I don’t think we see Ridder while we’re hanging around still.