Week 4 GDT: Bears @ Giants, 10/2/22, 12:00 CT

beardown3231

13 hours ago, Epyon said:

The question is whether the "offensive outburst" comes from the Bears offense, or the drunk fans at the Bears "offense"

So far the only offensive thing about the game were your hurtful words. /s

21-17 Bears, Saquon has a big game, but Chicago gets more rushing yards because the Bears are less badder versus the run. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So far the only offensive thing about the game were your hurtful words. /s

21-17 Bears, Saquon has a big game, but Chicago gets more rushing yards because the Bears are less badder versus the run

You might want to check the stats again they are giving up almost 20 more yards per game rushing.

7 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

You might want to check the stats again they are giving up almost 20 more yards per game rushing.

With 20 more attempts against them over 3 games that's not too concerning. Giants are giving up 5.3 yards per rush and Bears are at 4.8. 

Bears have been better against the run but it comes with a few caveats. The Giants defense have played against 3 of the best RBs in the league (Zeke (Pollard), McCaffery, Henry) while the Bears have played against Elijaih Mitchell/Jeff Wilson, Jones/Dillon, and Damien Pierce. They have given up 471 total rushing yards but 114 of those were against non-RBs (Lance/Deebo and 1 run from Rodgers).

This is important to note cause Saquan will be the best RB they have faced yet and Daniel Jones has shown to take off and run too. He has 25 carries for 125 yards and 19/100 of those were at home games. The good news is that 82 of his yards came when trailing. The bad news is 82 yards were also on 2nd down and the Bears defense as a whole is currently the 28th worst defense on 2nd down. 

All I see is neither team is good on defense and the Giants are slightly better on offense. It's going to come down to turn overs, mistakes, and penalties; I don't see the Baers coming out on top even if the teams are pretty evenly matched. The offense hasn't shown much of anything, and the Giants have better players currently. Maybe the offense will start to play better sometime this season.

57 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

With 20 more attempts against them over 3 games that's not too concerning. Giants are giving up 5.3 yards per rush and Bears are at 4.8. 

And the Giants have given up less TDs on the year so far, so the only stat that shows the Baers are slightly better is yards per rush.

Giants are not a good football team.   Neither are Bears.

Who knows?  Winnable game that can go either way.   Both have injuries.   Seems Bears have more significant ones.   I'd give Giants an edge at home as I would be reluctant to pick Bears until Justin Fields gains some positive confidence.

He seems like he is in his own head too much at moment.  

Our schedule this year is shaping up a lot easier than last year I will say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Since Gesty likes tor run delays and inside traps on 2nd/3rd down and our WRs and TEs aren't doing anything anyhow, I propose we run GL formation all game with 3 extra OL. 

I mean that's one way to finally stop the rotation with Jenkins and Patrick. Lets move Mustipher and Reiff to a TE and let Patrick play C. 

Mustipher might be able to make up exactly the same production we lost when Pringle went down. 😅