Week 4 Games

Striker

The new protocol moving forward is going to be, regardless if a player tests out of the concussion test you are mandated to miss the following game.

it’s were they are going to have to head to keep scenes like this from happening in the future.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

The logical side of me thinks there's no way football can/will be a thing 30 years from now. There's absolutely no reason you'd let your 3rd grader suit up for pop warner knowing the risks. The realist in me knows it'll still be a thing and I'll continue to watch. 

People, especially men, will always take on risks and dangerous work for money… let alone the fame and influence that football brings players.

Fact is there are plenty of dangerous jobs out there. More so than the nfl… Heck do we really need Alaskan crab that much for that job to exist? It sucks and terrible but like chris long tweeted… not only are the players able to compartmentalize… we too as fans and a society can do this very well.

Injuries happen in football, head injuries can happen. We all know this. The issue with this situation is why is Tua playing? It was clear he got concussed on Sunday. That’s what everyone said, yet four days later he is playing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Green19 said:

People, especially men, will always take on risks and dangerous work for money… let alone the fame and influence that football brings players.

Fact is there are plenty of dangerous jobs out there. More so than the nfl… Heck do we really need Alaskan crab that much for that job to exist? It sucks and terrible but like chris long tweeted… not only are the players able to compartmentalize… we too as fans and a society can do this very well.

Injuries happen in football, head injuries can happen. We all know this. The issue with this situation is why is Tua playing? It was clear he got concussed on Sunday. That’s what everyone said, yet four days later he is playing.

alaskan crabs got nothing on blue crabs

7 hours ago, Green19 said:

The new protocol moving forward is going to be, regardless if a player tests out of the concussion test you are mandated to miss the following game.

it’s were they are going to have to head to keep scenes like this from happening in the future.

he was not diagnosed with a concussion after the bills game. so this solution is not really relevant to this situation

18 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

he was not diagnosed with a concussion after the bills game. so this solution is not really relevant to this situation

I get that… but even diagnosing is likely changing. Because I know they claim it was a back against buffalo, but come on. It’s clear they miss diagnosed. 

It’s why there is an investigation. Plenty of guys get concussed, heck JRJ just did. 1. He did t walk around right after like a drunk and 2. He didn’t go back into the game. So no investigation needs to happen.

And its relevant to the situation because this situation is going to push this outcome. Because the nfl doesn’t want players looking like Tua on prime time, after 4 days of everyone speculating if Miami and the doctor did their jobs correctly. Last night made everyone look like idiots.

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Big breaks for the Vikings. Not to mention, they don't have to play in New Orleans. Essentially, they get 9 homes games and only 7 road games. Conversely, we get 8 home games and 8 road games. Seems legit. 

I guess we’ll just have to smack the **** out of them when they come to Lambeau. 

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I get that… but even diagnosing is likely changing. Because I know they claim it was a back against buffalo, but come on. It’s clear they miss diagnosed. 

It’s why there is an investigation. Plenty of guys get concussed, heck JRJ just did. 1. He did t walk around right after like a drunk and 2. He didn’t go back into the game. So no investigation needs to happen.

And its relevant to the situation because this situation is going to push this outcome. Because the nfl doesn’t want players looking like Tua on prime time, after 4 days of everyone speculating if Miami and the doctor did their jobs correctly. Last night made everyone look like idiots.

nflpa having ability to intervene and rapidly appeal for players they are concerned about seems most reasonable to me.

hard to get more reasonable than an independent neurologist though. hard to understand how they didn't make the diagnosis, but the thursday concussion is not evidence that sunday was a concussion. sunday was water under the bridge at that point.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Big breaks for the Vikings. Not to mention, they don't have to play in New Orleans. Essentially, they get 9 homes games and only 7 road games. Conversely, we get 8 home games and 8 road games. Seems legit. 

Wait them playing in London is a home game now? What

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I love how it’s all about the doctors and nothing on the player.

All it takes is Tua saying, “No, I’m not right. I can’t play.”

This is an area I admire Rodgers for. Dude has a concussion? He sits.

Personal accountability is a thing and I’m pretty sure players are out there lying about concussions when they shouldn’t be.

Peyton Manning spoke a couple years ago about how easy it is to lie through the protocol.

So… I’ll admit I don’t know the process now, but there’s got to be SOME kind of accountability on the part of the player.

athletes will cover up symptoms from a concussion very often.  

11 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

if someone can game the tests, the problem is the test not the subject

unfortunately, it is hard to measure how much of a headache someone has.

Other tests like balance, coordination, ocular-motor (eye movement) function, etc have a wide range of "normal" that is really best based and compared to a baseline assessment for each individual.  Compounding that, physical exertion and fatigue will/can alter these from a non-fatigued state.

I have treated many patients that are post concussion at various timelines and from observation from afar and up close interaction, testing, you wouldn't know anything is abnormal, so it unfortunately does rely on the patient/athlete being honest with how the tests are affecting them

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

unfortunately, it is hard to measure how much of a headache someone has.

Other tests like balance, coordination, ocular-motor (eye movement) function, etc have a wide range of "normal" that is really best based and compared to a baseline assessment for each individual.  Compounding that, physical exertion and fatigue will/can alter these from a non-fatigued state.

I have treated many patients that are post concussion at various timelines and from observation from afar and up close interaction, testing, you wouldn't know anything is abnormal, so it unfortunately does rely on the patient/athlete being honest with how the tests are affecting them

ya this is exactly the point. if arm chair neurologists want to apply common sense, there was plenty there. NFLPA can do this based on the video footage of the sunday stumble. then just apply some standard minimum time.