Week 4 Games

Striker

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

No issues with the tackle. The issue is should he have been playing after what clearly looked like a concussion 4 days ago. 

Got that and have already said it looked to me like he was concussed against BUF - but - agree with TJD's comment that the sack he took against CIN was enough to put him on the sideline regardless.

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

Got that and have already said it looked to me like he was concussed against BUF - but - agree with TJD's comment that the sack he took against CIN was enough to put him on the sideline regardless.

Yah for sure.  Gotta tell you though thought the hit he took against Buffalo looked worse.  His head really slammed down on the turf.  Think they totally botched it and he was concussed on that play.  They need to sit that dude for at least a month.  We'll see he'll probably miss next week and then they will put him back out there.  I'm no Dr. but man that really looked bad. 

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah for sure.  Gotta tell you though thought the hit he took against Buffalo looked worse.  His head really slammed down on the turf.  Think they totally botched it and he was concussed on that play.  They need to sit that dude for at least a month.  We'll see he'll probably miss next week and then they will put him back out there.  I'm no Dr. but man that really looked bad. 

Are you wanting the concussion protocol and proper testing to play out as they are set up or do you want a mandatory minimum days held out if a player is concussed?

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are you wanting the concussion protocol and proper testing to play out as they are set up or do you want a mandatory minimum days held out if a player is concussed?

Thought they were doing a good job with the existing protocols.  Looks to me like they failed big time with Tua.  They should stick with existing protocols seemed to be working fine up until this point.  They just to make sure that this doesn't happen again.  We'll see what the investigation turns up.  When a guy gets concussed twice in 4 days yah they need to be extra cautious.  Why I think they should hold him out for a long period of time.  It's an injury you really don't want to mess with.  

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Thought they were doing a good job with the existing protocols.  Looks to me like they failed big time with Tua.  They should stick with existing protocols seemed to be working fine up until this point.  They just to make sure that this doesn't happen again.  We'll see what the investigation turns up.  When a guy gets concussed twice in 4 days yah they need to be extra cautious.  Why I think they should hold him out for a long period of time.  It's an injury you really don't want to mess with.  

I mean once you get a concussion you need to minimize getting a second one in a short amount of time… that’s how people die.

Its called second impact syndrome. High schoolers die from it because the first concussion gets misdiagnosed.

NFL and Dolphins are lucky that didn’t happen.

22 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I mean once you get a concussion you need to minimize getting a second one in a short amount of time… that’s how people die.

Its called second impact syndrome. High schoolers die from it because the first concussion gets misdiagnosed.

NFL and Dolphins are lucky that didn’t happen.

I haven't been really following this story, is that true that he had a concussion Sunday and Thursday or is that just speculation?  

42 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I agree on followed protocols.  It is criterion based to return.  

If you go to set minimum days out, that would potentially lead to more players hiding symptoms to bypass missing games.  Players have incentive to play... roster bonus, yards, TD, sacks, etc 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I agree on followed protocols.  It is criterion based to return.  

If you go to set minimum days out, that would potentially lead to more players hiding symptoms to bypass missing games.  Players have incentive to play... roster bonus, yards, TD, sacks, etc 

Yah don't know what the hell happened in this case.  They really blew it for all the world to see.  Pretty bad.  Left the NFL with a big black eye.  Gotta think there will be some sort of fall out from all this. 

Again, I didn't watch, did Tua look out of sorts against the Bengals before he got hit?  His stats were worse, but it was also still only 14 passes thrown.  I really think the Thursday hit was way worse, and probably takes out just about anyone.  Which is why I am leaning toward the doctors didn't do anything wrong.  If he passes all requirements of the concussion protocol, what can you really do?  And that is assuming that he really did get concussed against the Bills.  We think that he did, but none of us did anything but look at replays of him falling back down.  And the medical professionals stated that he did not have a concussion, and cleared him to play.  Now, they could be wrong, but who's opinion carries more value, the doctor that examined him, or the garbage man, accountant, and store clerk that watched it on TV?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Again, I didn't watch, did Tua look out of sorts against the Bengals before he got hit?  His stats were worse, but it was also still only 14 passes thrown.  I really think the Thursday hit was way worse, and probably takes out just about anyone.  Which is why I am leaning toward the doctors didn't do anything wrong.  If he passes all requirements of the concussion protocol, what can you really do?  And that is assuming that he really did get concussed against the Bills.  We think that he did, but none of us did anything but look at replays of him falling back down.  And the medical professionals stated that he did not have a concussion, and cleared him to play.  Now, they could be wrong, but who's opinion carries more value, the doctor that examined him, or the garbage man, accountant, and store clerk that watched it on TV?

I don’t believe he was ever in the protocol. So he gets hit looks like a boxer out on his feet then he leaves the game. Everyone who saw it said oh concision except Tua may have said no my back. Do Drs take the players word for it? Not sure what happens if the player says no my back hurts not my head; I’m specualting that statement lead to  concussion not really being looked at hard.

4 hours ago, R T said:

I haven't been really following this story, is that true that he had a concussion Sunday and Thursday or is that just speculation?  

On Sunday he grabbed his head after hitting it. And in the first report the team said it was a head injury. But it got changed to a back injury.

Based on the video many feel he got concussed. Now all the information coming from the dolphins and nfl is that it was a back.

So it’s speculation… but many see the video of Sunday and quote the concussion protocol guidelines the NFL uses and say the protocols discusses the lack of body control and the “drunk walking” that Tua did. There is a specific term. That’s why the speculation… because all visual signs point to concussion and the only talking points the league or dolphins come back with is “back injury” and not really explaining past that.