Playoffs?

DM316

Trying to not be as much of a downer so here we go .... In no way am I expecting a playoff run but if we can beat the Browns and build some momentum I think we are one the bigger darkhorse's in the league. Longshot but I'm trying to be optimistic here, start to close out close games I don't think it's out of the question. Thoughts?

I'm an optimist at heart but far too early to tell either way. You have to like how this team is trending though. They're vastly outperforming what their roster on paper would suggest. I'm encouraged with the Fontenot/Smith duo, who were dealt a tough hand. Could argue we're the second best team in the division, which shouldn't be the case right now. Excited to see what happens when we're out of cap hell. 

I don’t think we belong in the playoffs yet, I want that high end draft pick we really need. Gotta remember most of this team is on super short contracts and we’ve gotta build this foundation. We need Will Anderson or that kid from FSU (#5) the transfer who literally just makes plays even on 1 leg. 

16 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

I don’t think we belong in the playoffs yet, I want that high end draft pick we really need. Gotta remember most of this team is on super short contracts and we’ve gotta build this foundation. We need Will Anderson or that kid from FSU (#5) the transfer who literally just makes plays even on 1 leg. 

Jared Verse .... monster. While I think it's a longshot, I have no doubt we will hero out enough wins to not a shot at Anderson.

1 hour ago, DM316 said:

Jared Verse .... monster. While I think it's a longshot, I have no doubt we will hero out enough wins to not a shot at Anderson.

Ya that guy, I think he might be the best rusher in the draft tbh. Dude playing injured and every time he’s out there he messes up whatever the offense planned. That’s insane to me, but maybe he’s one of those soft tissue always injured guys.

21 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Ya that guy, I think he might be the best rusher in the draft tbh. Dude playing injured and every time he’s out there he messes up whatever the offense planned. That’s insane to me, but maybe he’s one of those soft tissue always injured guys.

I'm an FSU fan so I'm biased. I was stooping for JJ III last draft looks like London will work out. I think if Verse stays healthy mid- first round is his floor. A lot of good line talent this year and I'm all for adding to it .... I have my eye on Anderson and Verse of course, and I'd add Jalen Carter and Bryan Bresee to that short list in the 1st, as well.

2 hours ago, DM316 said:

I'm an FSU fan so I'm biased. I was stooping for JJ III last draft looks like London will work out. I think if Verse stays healthy mid- first round is his floor. A lot of good line talent this year and I'm all for adding to it .... I have my eye on Anderson and Verse of course, and I'd add Jalen Carter and Bryan Bresee to that short list in the 1st, as well.

I’m out of touch with college football, but I used to root for the Noles when I had more time to watch football. But I literally just every time you see that kid on the field even on 1 leg he’s a man amongst boys, like John Abraham. 

Im glad we got Drake but if I had to trade AK47 and Malone for JJ I would have. I think the Jets absolutely SLAYED the draft and the NFL just let them do it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

I’m out of touch with college football, but I used to root for the Noles when I had more time to watch football. But I literally just every time you see that kid on the field even on 1 leg he’s a man amongst boys, like John Abraham. 

Im glad we got Drake but if I had to trade AK47 and Malone for JJ I would have. I think the Jets absolutely SLAYED the draft and the NFL just let them do it. 

Yeah, I liked Wilson better than London too but we'll see how the careers all play out still early. The Jets draft is gonna become even more apparent as they shift away from the Hall / Carter timeshare. I think Ebiketie will be a player, still getting a lot of pressure even if it's not showing in sacks at the moment.

23 hours ago, DM316 said:

Yeah, I liked Wilson better than London too but we'll see how the careers all play out still early. The Jets draft is gonna become even more apparent as they shift away from the Hall / Carter timeshare. I think Ebiketie will be a player, still getting a lot of pressure even if it's not showing in sacks at the moment.

I’m not opposed to 47, I like him, but knowing we could have traded back up to that 26 spot and it wouldn’t have costed more than the 2nd and 3rd round price, I would have absolutely gone bonkers with that pick. 

That being said, Malone really has played well in limited time. The AO experiment needs to be over. 

4 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

I’m not opposed to 47, I like him, but knowing we could have traded back up to that 26 spot and it wouldn’t have costed more than the 2nd and 3rd round price, I would have absolutely gone bonkers with that pick. 

That being said, Malone really has played well in limited time. The AO experiment needs to be over. 

Agreed

On 10/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, iloxygenil said:

I think the AO experiment of him being in base packages primarily makes sense. I think they are still getting AK47 and Malone up to speed. Right now, the split is this:

87% Lorenzo Carter

50% Arnold Ebiketie

52% Adetekunbo Ogundeji

11% DeAngelo Malone

I think ideally, they go with something closer to this:

65% Carter

65% AK47

35% O-Gun

35% Malone

That gives a better rotation. Malone and AK47 take some pressure off of Carter and O-Gun plays the role that he was designed to play of a true run-down stopper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

I think the AO experiment of him being in base packages primarily makes sense. I think they are still getting AK47 and Malone up to speed. Right now, the split is this:

87% Lorenzo Carter

50% Arnold Ebiketie

52% Adetekunbo Ogundeji

11% DeAngelo Malone

I think ideally, they go with something closer to this:

65% Carter

65% AK47

35% O-Gun

35% Malone

That gives a better rotation. Malone and AK47 take some pressure off of Carter and O-Gun plays the role that he was designed to play of a true run-down stopper.

But Ogun is getting blown out constantly. He just can’t play at the NFL level. 

45 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

But Ogun is getting blown out constantly. He just can’t play at the NFL level. 

That's why cutting his snaps to 30% and letting him play a more rotational on obvious run downs is the way to go with him. HE was a 5th rounder. Not a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd rounder. He'll have a roster spot here for the rest of his contract, but I do think they draft someone in the early rounds to replace his spot this year. Especially if they're picking top 3 and Will Anderson is there.