Week 4: MNF Rams @ 49ers

LeotheLion

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I think the most concerning thing of the game was that McVay called a QB sneak on 2nd and 3 in a 1 score game.

I might be wrong… but imo stafford did that on his own because he saw the middle of the field was open

21 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I thought that too but he said in his presser last night it was a called play. 

Then yes.. definitely a weird play call lol Feels like the whole team, including the coaches, are off their game. 

• Like 1

Man what a frustrating game to watch. I can’t stand year in and year out consistently losing to the Niners when we’ve been the better team each year (besides maybe 2019). 

So many of these defensive problems seem to be an easy fix. The Niners MO is for them to run the ball and make quick passes, yet we routinely play soft zone or off man, 10 yards off the receiver. Some of these third down conversions we gave up were just like “well no sh!t—you gave it to them” and also as a result of all of that, we never gave our DL a chance to get pressure, much less sacks. 

The offense is the concerning part because their problems seem a lot less fixable with the current personnel. OL was cheese and Stafford had to run for his life the whole game. Us ignoring the OL year after year in favor of weapons is catching up to us. Speaking of weapons, do we even have any outside of Kupp? NO ONE besides him and sometimes Higbee were getting open at all last night. People will say that Robinson isn’t being targeted but I can understand why he’s not. Everytime I look over to him, he’s completely blanketed. Dude gets zero separation. I like Higbee—he’s solid and reliable for the most part—but he is what he is at the point. And the fact that he’s our clear #2 option is VERY telling of the state of this offense. Our run game is non existent. 

I know this is all coming off am ugly loss to the Niners who obviously have our number year in and year out, but this team is in trouble. Talent and coach alone will get us into the playoffs but we shouldn’t expect us to do anything once we’re there unless a lot of things significantly change. 

• Like 2