Favorite takeout food.

Charles

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

You talking lazy moon? I been there a couple times back in the day. Never hit Mrs. Potato, I’ll peep and report back 

My bad yes Lazy Moon. If you need a nice date spot, try Santiago's Bodega for Brunch on the weekends.  

On 10/26/2022 at 7:26 AM, adamq said:

The price is enough for me not to go.. those burgers are not 9+ dollars good. And then another 6-7 for small fries and a drink? 🥶 For the cost I would rather go to a Longhorn Steakhouse or even Texas Roadhouse

I get reimbursed, so its all good

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 7:51 AM, Daniel said:

I really don't understand people hating on Five Guys.  Is it the best burger you'll ever have?  Of course not.

Is it better than pretty much all the other big chain burgers?  Absolutely.

I do get mad at the absurd amount of fries they give you though.  Just charge less and give me an amount I can reasonably eat in a sitting, man.  Fries don't keep for ****.

The whole fry thing is definitely annoying with 5 Guys.  Like, i don't need my bag crammed full of soggy fries.  That's not helping.

On a "smashburger" note tho...the actual Smashburger chain do some pretty okay work tbh.  Their burgers are good, and their fries are real good.  Just shoestring stuff, but done well.

On 10/26/2022 at 5:26 AM, adamq said:

The price is enough for me not to go.. those burgers are not 9+ dollars good. And then another 6-7 for small fries and a drink? 🥶 For the cost I would rather go to a Longhorn Steakhouse or even Texas Roadhouse

That's pretty much where I sit on the whole Five Guys thing.  Like, the food isn't gross or anything.  I would say it reminds me of most "diner" type burgers.  Nothing to write home about, but much better than a McDonalds or Burger King, for sure.   But, when price is factored in....  I can get a steakhouse quality burger for just a few dollars more.  Heck, Smashburger is a better product, in my opinion, and I can save about $7 per trip, when adding fries and stuff into the equation.  And, they have Smash Fries.   **drool**  Add in some non-chain places here in Phoenix, and there's just really no reason to go to Five Guys.   I really only go there when coworkers fly into town and want to try it because they don't have Five Guys where they live.   I do look forward to the cajun fries.  They could ease up on the seasoning a bit, but they are tasty.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ataal said:

That's pretty much where I sit on the whole Five Guys thing.  Like, the food isn't gross or anything.  I would say it reminds me of most "diner" type burgers.  Nothing to write home about, but much better than a McDonalds or Burger King, for sure.   But, when price is factored in....  I can get a steakhouse quality burger for just a few dollars more.  Heck, Smashburger is a better product, in my opinion, and I can save about $7 per trip, when adding fries and stuff into the equation.  And, they have Smash Fries.   **drool**  Add in some non-chain places here in Phoenix, and there's just really no reason to go to Five Guys.   I really only go there when coworkers fly into town and want to try it because they don't have Five Guys where they live.   I do look forward to the cajun fries.  They could ease up on the seasoning a bit, but they are tasty.  

Yeah.  Smashburger defs does a better or at least equal version of the Five Guys thing, but their fries are massively better.  Those crispy thin shoestring deals are so much better than the massive pile of kinda soggy big ol' suckers Five Guys drops in your bag.  And for a decent amount less money too, for sure.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Spare ribs, general tsaos and pork friend rice from local Chinese place 

Buffalo wings, west Texas mystique tenders from local chicken place 

meat lovers pizza, and gaggahs from pizza joint 

The **** is a gaggahs?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, Fresh Prince said:

thin hot dog made of beef, veal and pork, served  in a bun, and topped with celery salt, yellow mustard, chopped onions, and a seasoned meat sauce 

This uhhhh...didn't clarify in a satisfactory way.

What is THAT?  It sounds like a chili cheese dog gone wrong.

• 1 month later...

There's a place fairly close to me that makes these amazing quesabirrias.  It's kind of a local chain place here in the Phoenix area.  Like, each family member owns one of the restaurants.  The guy by me, though, is the only one who makes these quesabirrias.  And, since it takes 2 days to make it, he doesn't always have it in stock.  Always have to call first.  The consomé that goes with it is the best I've ever had.  

For those maybe not familiar with these terms:  

Quesabirria:  Kind of like a cross between a taco and a quesadilla.  The meat, usually beef or goat, is marinated and pulled.  I believe the cheese they use is oaxaca cheese, similar to mozzarella.  Onions and cilantro are popular add-ons. 

Consomé: A broth that's made from the meat.

So, you basically dip the quesabirrias in the broth, kind of like a french dip sandwich into au jus.  It's very flavorful.  It's food coma inducing, but you're saying "omg omg omg" after each bite.  lol 

• Like 2