BDL 2022 Week 4- Singapore Sentinels @ Camden Hood Rats

RuskieTitan

Who wins this game?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2022 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 4

Match:  Singapore Sentinels @ Camden Hood Rats

Away Owner: @SirA1

Home Owner:  @Jlash

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both 😁

• Like 1

Singapore Sentinels

Singapore Sentinels
QB: Derek Carr
RB1: Khalil Herbert
WR1: DeVonta Smith
WR2:  Gabriel Davis 
WR3: Jarvis Landry
TE1: Darren Waller
LT: Orlando Brown Jr.
LG: Tyler Smith
OC: Jake Brendel
RG: Matt Feiler 
RT: Mike McGlinchey  
--------------------
QB2: Daniel Jones
WR4: Jakobi Meyers
WR5: Jauan Jennings
RB2: Kareem Hunt
RB3: Josh Jacobs 
TE2: Jonnu Smith 
OL6: Jedrick Wills Jr

DE: Dre’Mont Jones  
NT: D.J. Jones (Q)
DT: Aaron Donald 
DE:  Melvin Ingram III

LB: JOK 
LB: Dre Greenlaw

CB: Jonathan Jones 
CB: Jaycee Horn  
NCB:  Levi Wallace
S: Devin McCourty
S: John Johnson III 
--------------------

DT/NT2: Matt Ioannidis
DT/DE3: Arik Armstead
OLB/DE4: Uchenna Nwosu
LB3: Ja’Whaun Bentley
CB4: Charvarius “Mooney” Ward 
CB5: Kendall Fuller 
S3: Adrian Phillips
S4: Jabrill Peppers

Camden Hood Rats

QB- Matt Stafford
RB- Damien Harris
WR- Cooper Kupp
WR- AJ Brown
WR- Mike Evans
WR- Treylon Burks
LT- Dion Dawkins
LG- Will Hernandez
C- Ben Jones
RG- Kevin Zeitler
RT- Isaiah Wynn

RB- Austin Ekeler
RB- JD McKissic
TE- David Njoku
TE- Gerald Everett
WR- Nico Collins
OL- Cesar Ruiz
OL- Chuks Okorafor
QB- Justin Fields

DE- Josh Allen
DT- A’Shawn Robinson
DT- Davon Godchaux
DE- Montez Sweat
LB- Drue Tranquill
LB- Nicholas Morrow
CB- L’Jarius Sneed
CB- Asante Samuel Jr
NB- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
S- Marcus Epps
S- Jaquan Brisker

DE- Boye Mafe
DE- Yannick Ngakoue
DE- Joseph Ossai
DL- Andrew Billings
DL- Osa Odighizuwa
LB- Divine Deablo
CB- CJ Henderson
CB- Bryce Callahan

• Like 1

Singapore Sentinels 

Motivation: On the Road again. Changed up as requested.

Defensive Strategy
Formation:  4-2-5 Defense / 4-1-6 dime

Focus: Getting Stafford and Co. to turn the ball over. Our secondary has 3 Int and 4 FF so far this season.

Pass Rush/Run Defense  - Ingram and De’Mont Jones are the edges and we will be bringing pressure from defensive end spots. We are adding another pursuit LB in Greenlaw to the base defense because of the shifty Ekeler but he can also stunt up the middle. D.J. Jones and Donald are having excellent years against the run.

Pass Defense  - Cover 1 Man Hybrid

Jonathan Jones (PFF #1) has proven in the past to be a top slot corner. Now Jones steps into another role as one of the top shadow corners on the outside and has been up to the task. He will follow Kupp and be able to limit Stafford's favorite target. Jaycee Horn (PFF #4) likewise has been up to the task so far and will cover A.J. Brown. Camden gets Evans back this week and he will be met by Levi Wallace. Ward and Fuller give us some of the best depth in the BDL in our secondary.

Devin McCourty will be responsible for the deep middle. Underneath, John Johnson will cover Njoku. JOK will be a Spy on Ekeler. Adrian Phillips is our big nickel S this week. Peppers gets in on some of the action as well.

Coverage Assignments:
·         Cooper Kupp / Jonathan Jones - CB
·         A.J. Brown / Jaycee Horn - CB
          Mike Evans  / Levi Wallace - CB
·         David Njoku / John Johnson - S 
          Austin Ekeler  / JOK - LB  

Offensive Strategy

Formations:  3 WR Bunch formation (50%)/ 2 TE (35%)/ 2 RB (15%)

Our primary formation will contain a single back, three receivers, and a tight end. Darren Waller is our TE1. 2 TE with Jonnu Smith will be in red zone and short yardage situations. We will also work in 2 RB and get both Herbert and Hunt in the backfield at the same time.

Scheme:  Pass (65%) vs Run (35%)

Rushing - Herbert will get the majority of the carries this week with Hunt spelling him. If Jacobs plays he’ll be used in short yardage situations. We will use power runs to attack the Camden DL and set up the pass for Carr with some play action. The versatility of our offensive weapons allows them to line up in multiple spots and give Carr a quick out to move the ball. 

Daniel Jones will come in for a few wildcat like plays and use his legs to keep drives moving.

Passing - DeVonta Smith and Gabriel Davis are the outside/Deep WRs. Smith will be running a search route allowing him to adjust to the coverage Camden deploys. In a two deep look he will curl under and take what they are offering over the middle. In a single high look with man coverage he will go deep and take his odds on making the contested catches. Smith will be the focus this week of the passing game.

Davis gets back into the mix this week and should test the secondary as the focus will be on our other weapons. He will provide Carr with an outlet in case the Rats decide to bring extra pressure. Jakobi Myers will rotate in with Davis to keep both of them healthy for the game.

Jarvis Landry will do the dirty work over the middle with crossing routes and slants to get separation. His security blanket Waller will hit the seams. Jonnu Smith come in for 2 TE sets which will help create some space for bubble screens.

Camden Hood Rats

Offense

This week we get sage owner SirA and his Sing Sing squad. They bring a unique set of weapons defensively so we’ll change some things up today.

4 Wide sets: This will be our first time featuring 4 wide sets this much this season but we think it’ll open a lot of doors for us. It makes us more athletic, gets smaller players for Singapore on the field and it should allow us to use different combos of bunch sets and motion plays to get our best players in advantageous match ups. If Singapore goes zone heavy we can get our players in zones matched up against safeties or a LB and pick on that match up. If they go man heavy we think our pre-snap motion game will get Kupp and Brown open for quick shots with their defenders moving through traffic. We’ll use Evans on deeper shots and Burks will be utilized on bubble screens and some jet sweeps and let him use his physicality to make a play.

Motion: As mentioned in the previous section, like the last couple weeks our pre-snap motion is going to be critical in helping Stafford identify coverage but also allowing us to make the match ups we want to take advantage of. It’s mostly Kupp and/or Brown in  motion today as they’re our best players after the catch and can work from anywhere along the line. AJ Brown just had a baby boy, so we’ll feed him some touches today to get the new dad powers flowing.

More power-oriented run scheme: Damien Harris gets the start today as we want to be a little more physical in the run game and Harris is a no nonsense runner. We won’t necessarily run any more than normal, but when we do we want to take what the defense is giving us and if we can get Harris to the 2nd level we think he can dish out some punishment, especially with Singapore in dime defense to defend my 4 wide looks. Ekeler and McKissic will be our 3rd down backs, mostly Ekeler and they’ll be charged with helping protect Stafford and sneaking out as outlet valves for Stafford to dump the ball off should he need to.

Goaline/redzone: At the goal line and in the red zone we’ll abandon the 4 wide sets and bring Njoku in to add another jump ball element for Singapore to defend.

Fields: We’ll also be bringing in Justin Fields from time to time. Not for trick plays or anything, just so he can stand in a pocket with some semblance of cohesion and not the usual chaos he feels right away. We just want him to feel a little better.

Defense (Press Cover 3 base)

Singapore is a really well rounded team who always has a stable of RB’s but this year more than ever they have a group of dangerous young WR’s too. So our coverages will be key today.

Press Cover 3: With SirA sure to want to get the ground game going with Herbert and Hunt today we know we wanted to keep a couple LBs on the field as often as possible. But what about Smith and Gabe Davis’ ability to get down the field? So we’ll work a press cover 3 mainly to make sure all of our bases are covered. This will allow 3 defenders to work the back end, and the press coverage at the snap won’t let Carr get off quick easy throws to the outside where a standard cover 3 can be susceptible. Brisker moving down into his shallow zone allows him to help in the run game and the middle of the field is blanketed with defenders to help slow down Waller. We can rotate this into a cover 6 (QQH) from time to time without the shell looking any different pre snap. Should Singapore decide to spread the field out we can take a LB off the field for another CB.

Cover_3_gif.gif

Overload Carr: Based on Pickle’s advanced analytics on Derek Carr I believe I read he’s the worst QB in the NFL when facing any type of coverage ever or any odd looking defensive line alignments (i’m joking Sira don’t hate me) so today from time to time we’ll overload a side by bringing in another DE and lining them up wide right next to each other and work stunts and other cute things to get Carr moving in the pocket. Sometimes we’ll overload one side, and bring a blitzer from the opposite side to see if we’re distracting Carr with the overload.

Sing Sing Signature Run game: I’ve never seen an owner better at identifying RB talent than SirA and he always brings multiple rushers into a contest and today is no different. We think our front four is stout and we’ve adjusted our base coverage shell to allow us to have some larger defenders at the second level to defend against a good rushing attack.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 1:58 PM, RuskieTitan said:

Jonathan Jones (PFF #1) . He will follow Kupp

@SirA1 we're doing the PFF rankings thing? I really can't get behind them because that means Marshon Lattimore is one of the worst corners in the league and Fabian Moreau is a top 10 CB but let's go apples to apples. Kupp (PFF#1)

Jaycee Horn (PFF #4) likewise has been up to the task so far and will cover A.J. Brown.

Brown (also PFF#1)

Camden gets Evans back this week and he will be met by Levi Wallace

Evans (PFF #4)

There we go, now it's equal.

• Like 2

Give me Singapore in a bit of an upset, albeit that roster on paper doesn't suck either. I like Camden's overall roster as much as anyone in the league, but kudos to @SirA1 for coming in with a very solid gameplan. Couple that with some very positive IRL production and some Cover 3 answers, some advantageous matchups with an athletic secondary and some athletic LB, and using a more man approach with those athletes will give them opportunities to make tackles on some short routes and get some 3rd Down stops to get off of the field. 

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Give me Singapore in a bit of an upset, albeit that roster on paper doesn't suck either. I like Camden's overall roster as much as anyone in the league, but kudos to @SirA1 for coming in with a very solid gameplan. Couple that with some very positive IRL production and some Cover 3 answers, some advantageous matchups with an athletic secondary and some athletic LB, and using a more man approach with those athletes will give them opportunities to make tackles on some short routes and get some 3rd Down stops to get off of the field. 

kid mero air quotes GIF by Desus & Mero

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Haha. I just have some questions but really didn't wanna get beefy. You got a minute for some elaboration?

Sure man. This was a tough game, and I just have the edge going to him based off of QB play in light of the gameplan with the edge going to his secondary based upon what you were trying to do offensively.

I think he gets the edge this week on QB play, defensive back 7, and the running games are a virtual push.

I think if you guys play 10 times, you win 8 or 9 of them. 

I never take things personally and I totally get that I might be in the minority here. I'm always happy to discuss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

but kudos to @SirA1 for coming in with a very solid gameplan.

I think my question more was, I guess I didn't really see anything in his defensive game plan that wasn't much more than just telling us who was in his lineup.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Couple that with some very positive IRL production and some Cover 3 answers

Who had the very positive IRL production? And what Cover 3 answers? Are they implied based on his personnel, because he mentions what he wants to do against a single high shell and a 2 deep shell, while I'm running a cover 3 mixed with some QQH coverages. He wants to get Carr quick shots, but I'm pressing at the line.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

some advantageous matchups with an athletic secondary

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

If he wins because Carr sucked less than Stafford this week, then so be it. I just wasn't sure about the rest of it.

Just now, Jlash said:

I think my question more was, I guess I didn't really see anything in his defensive game plan that wasn't much more than just telling us who was in his lineup.

I like his personnel matchup vs. yours as well as the decision to run a lot of Cover 1/Man hybrid, and here is your answer to it:

If they go man heavy we think our pre-snap motion game will get Kupp and Brown open for quick shots with their defenders moving through traffic. We’ll use Evans on deeper shots and Burks will be utilized on bubble screens and some jet sweeps and let him use his physicality to make a play.

IMO, I think his secondary is athletic enough to overcome that motion/quick hitters coupled with making tackles short of the sticks. That's also what's hard about this league, is trying to wade through whether or not someone breaks a tackle/beats a guy 1 on 1 for a homerun.

Just now, Jlash said:

Who had the very positive IRL production? And what Cover 3 answers? Are they implied based on his personnel, because he mentions what he wants to do against a single high shell and a 2 deep shell, while I'm running a cover 3 mixed with some QQH coverages. He wants to get Carr quick shots, but I'm pressing at the line.

I should have been more specific. I think Carr is able to diagnose and navigate that and make up for some lackluster performances at other positions. 

Just now, Jlash said:

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

If he wins because Carr sucked less than Stafford this week, then so be it. I just wasn't sure about the rest of it.

Yeah that's all definitely fair. I think I probably value defense a lot more than most, and on paper, I love his Back 7 and what they were "able to do".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I like his personnel matchup vs. yours as well as the decision to run a lot of Cover 1/Man hybrid, and here is your answer to it:

IMO, I think his secondary is athletic enough to overcome that motion/quick hitters coupled with making tackles short of the sticks. That's also what's hard about this league, is trying to wade through whether or not someone breaks a tackle/beats a guy 1 on 1 for a homerun.

I should have been more specific. I think Carr is able to diagnose and navigate that and make up for some lackluster performances at other positions. 

Yeah that's all definitely fair. I think I probably value defense a lot more than most, and on paper, I love his Back 7 and what they were "able to do".

Ok so most of your conclusions are implied and not necessarily a chess-match game plan thing. More about how strongly you feel about his players and not really an indictment of how I planned stuff out. Just want to make sure I understand votes so I can adapt.

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Ok so most of your conclusions are implied and not necessarily a chess-match game plan thing. More about how strongly you feel about his players and not really an indictment of how I planned stuff out. Just want to make sure I understand votes so I can adapt.

I don't really have anything "stated" in the gameplan except for the matchups in light of him going more man heavy and how I believe those players in the secondary will do against your very talented WR group. I think in light of the ability to matchup against you in man in light of how you plan on attacking that man defense, he gets the advantage here today, albeit it's really hard for me to gauge Stafford since the Rams running game was basically non-existant last night and yours was very capable with Harris on Sunday, so very likely the ability to hit throws in the playaction game is vastly different against him.

I dunno, now I'm second guessing myself some, or at least 55/45 instead of 70/30.

• Like 1

Bit torn because I don't think Stafford has played especially well to start this season, but I also think Singapore is at a disadvantage in the passing game with their corner group. Camden's offensive line isn't anything to write home about and has a couple starters that I think are genuine liabilities, but again, I don't think Singapore took advantage of that. Just feels like a missed opportunity here to bring extra pressure on Stafford and force him to get rid of the ball quickly.

• Like 1