Week 11: Lions @ Bears

ManeLine

9 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

You think at some point they will get serious about running the ball and stopping the run?

with Ngata they do a reasonable job stopping the run but these problems won’t fix themselves.

The defensive front needs to be a priority this off season. Not just a band aid or two here, but a pretty major overhaul imo.

Holy crap was that a terrible game to watch. I mean nice we won, and thrilling all the way to the end but man, I didn't think Lions defense was quite that bad at stopping the run.

It looks like it's a legitimate issue pressing forward with us. Especially this coming week with the Viking rolling into town for Thanksgiving.  Crazy, the quality of these wins don't pass the eye test honestly but a win is a win. They've put themselves in position now to make real noise in the North and control there own fate, not sure they can do it but they're position to none the less.

The ugly thing about this game was the real lack of pressure created by the Lions D-line along with other teams ability to run all day seemingly.

It's good to see Marvin Jones progressing from a WR who shows flashes, but has his inconsistencies, to a reliable WR making plays at every level of the field. He's not just a one trick pony like many thought he was and would be. 

Him and Stafford seem to have a nice little thing going right now and they're gonna need that to continue if they want to be a factor in the division race.

Lions swept their division opponents on the road this season. First time in the Superbowl era for the team. They are two games back of the division lead while hosting the team their chasing on Thanksgiving. They have kinks to work out, but they are on a 3 game winning streak and decide their fate. Why so gloom all the time?!? You'd think this team was 2-8 instead of 6-4. 

Admittedly, I should have posted more positive content during the game, but it's frustrating to watch this team play down to the competition time after time. 

Sometimes you just need to vent in GT's when you see a team that should be capable of more, consistently hold themselves back. 

That is cool that we swept division road games and should be something to be proud of. Now they need to take care of business Thursday. After the Vikings game, the opponents are lackluster. No reason the Lions shouldn't be favored in the rest of the games. 

13 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

How bad did Agnew's injury look? Heard it was a knee but can't find out if it was non contact or what.

To me... It looked like it's a good bruiser or something. He was clearly hurt and not thrilled about it, I think he actually misses this next game cause it's a short week, unfortunate too but it's whatever. Going into Thursday, Lions HAVE to stop the run. I'm strangely Confident in the secondary and mostly Slay that the Vikings WR's won't have a complete field day, make plays sure, but nothing like 150 yards multiple TD performances.

I think the score will be similar to what we seen this week both teams fighting it out, defenses making plays. It'll come down who can punch it in more often when they get down in scoring position. I've got Lions 24 - Vikings 20.  

* Someone should get a legg up this short week and post a Game Day thread. It's easy to say week to week but this is honestly really truly our biggest game of the year so far. It means so much if we win.

Archived