The Good, the Bad, we're in the WIN COLUMN vs. Broncos (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

Good 

Jacobs and Crosby were by far our best players and main reasons we won.

We kept going to Adams even though he lost a few reps to a top corner like Surtain

Carr ran for a few much needed first downs 

2nd half defense was clamps again. I honestly didn't have that much of a complaint overall. We gave them two short fields in the first half on their scores. 

Bad

Amik outside of his much needed fumble return. 

Passing game continues to be disappointing. 

Waller once again a ghost

Ugly 

I didn't like the onside kick. I swear Josh does something too cute every week and it fails miserably.

Redzone offense is just depressing to watch. It's been like that for years...and it's what will ultimately keep us in games like this where the Broncos should have been put away. Its why our wins will always be nailbiters...

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

Wait we ran the ball, and ran the ball in the RedZone and it led to TDs and a win? Shocker. Hopefully he's figuring it out. Carr isn't a 300 yard 3 TD a game guy week in and week out. A 100yard RB and Adams getting 100 yards is about the balance we need to win. That and a defense that can make plays or stops. 

We had 38 rushing attempts today. I don't think we cracked 20 in either of our last 3 games. 

• Like 1

This game pretty much encapsulates what this team is/should be. The road to victory goes through the run game. The reason they snuck into the playoffs last year was because of the Jacobs coming back and running hard. Putting the offense on Carr's arm has delivered mixed results when he can't find open receivers. He's at his least erratic when the run game dictates the offense. Hope McDaniels sticks to it.

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Paying Carr that money and can’t trust him to finish plays in the red zone when he has to throw it. That’s not ideal or something that will give this team success long term. 

What's the other option though?  

Can’t keep kicking fgs 

thank god for our defense and running game carr included. Carr learning this new age game requires mobility. Looking like a young carriota or lecarr Jackson out there. It was beautiful like watching your kid take their first steps. Him being a threat to run will keep the defense honest and make it even easier on himself 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Can’t keep kicking fgs 

thank god for our defense and running game carr included. Carr learning this new age game requires mobility. Looking like a young carriota or lecarr Jackson out there. It was beautiful like watching your kid take their first steps. Him being a threat to run will keep the defense honest and make it even easier on himself 

Denver had a Top 3 RZ Defense for the last 3 seasons - compared to last seasom, there where 3 Teams that scored 30+ points against them (Philly, Chargers and us).
So to me for this special game it was okay to kick FGs.

Edited by Styrian Raider
  • Like 2