The Good, the Bad, we're in the WIN COLUMN vs. Broncos (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I'd say that being top 5 in the NFL in APY is definitely worth a first round pick. Unless of course there are only four players that you consider worth a first. During Jacobs career here we're 8-1 in games that he has 25+ touches. 

If he continues to play like last game then he will certainly be worth that first round pick, trouble is with that kind of usage he's never proven to be durable. Hopefully, he bucks the trend this year and can get 20 plus touches per game and stay healthy. He's very, very good at turning a zero yard gain into a 3 yard gain and making something out of nothing, I'm not too worried about his breakaway speed so long as he can keep the chains moving and he should be from looking at him a very good Red Zone back too, maybe underutilized there so far........

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

If he continues to play like last game then he will certainly be worth that first round pick, trouble is with that kind of usage he's never proven to be durable. Hopefully, he bucks the trend this year and can get 20 plus touches per game and stay healthy. He's very, very good at turning a zero yard gain into a 3 yard gain and making something out of nothing, I'm not too worried about his breakaway speed so long as he can keep the chains moving and he should be from looking at him a very good Red Zone back too, maybe underutilized there so far........

He's currently on pace for 357 touches which would be the Raiders single season record. There aren't very many players in the NFL that can sustain that type of workload. Jacobs has gotten nixed up but he has still been available for the most part throughout his career with us. Do I think we will extend him? No. Could've we have gotten better value in the 1st? Probably. But Jacobs is one of the key guys on our team and in the locker room, when we went on our win streak down the stretch he carried us and the same is true for our first win this season. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's currently on pace for 357 touches which would be the Raiders single season record. There aren't very many players in the NFL that can sustain that type of workload. Jacobs has gotten nixed up but he has still been available for the most part throughout his career with us. Do I think we will extend him? No. Could've we have gotten better value in the 1st? Probably. But Jacobs is one of the key guys on our team and in the locker room, when we went on our win streak down the stretch he carried us and the same is true for our first win this season. 

I pretty much agree with all of this. I like Jacobs, I just don't like spending a 1st round pick on a RB unless he's a perennial Pro Bowler. If Jacobs can help carry the offence until the passing game gets in sync then that is hugely valuable. In a perfect world we'd have picked him up at the top of the 2nd and gained another high pick via a trade down but I can see why they got their guy if they really liked him and if he keeps producing like that then he'll be worth it.

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I pretty much agree with all of this. I like Jacobs, I just don't like spending a 1st round pick on a RB unless he's a perennial Pro Bowler. If Jacobs can help carry the offence until the passing game gets in sync then that is hugely valuable. In a perfect world we'd have picked him up at the top of the 2nd and gained another high pick via a trade down but I can see why they got their guy if they really liked him and if he keeps producing like that then he'll be worth it.

I honestly think that regardless of who we have as pass catchers, Carr is better suited to be the QB in a run heavy offense.