Week 5: Giants @ Packers - Football is coming home (9.30 ET)

Brit Pack

7 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Such a D-Bag.  Try going to Packers.com and reading the injury report.  I know it's difficult.  Just can't stand it when your proven wrong can you.  Get over it already. 

Packers.com doesn't put up an injury report hours after a game on Sunday night, that is what we count on you for. I'm sure everyone would like to know if Amos is playing against the Giants. How did that 'Watson likely out against the Patriots' work out for you? Throw enough **** at the wall and something is bound to stick and then break your arm patting yourself on the back about it. Nice tactic. 

I see Z. Smith is still playing in Minnesota after you declared his season would be over after one game because of his back. Good news for you is he is fighting a knee issue and if he does go down for the season you can break your other arm.   

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The GB offense is obviously a work in progress.  At this point, the Packers blowing anybody out would be far more surprising than a single digit lead in Q4.

Need to figure out the RT position and solidify that either through Jenkins getting better or making a move with Nijman. 

Would be nice to get some more action from the TEs. We have to rank dead-last in the league in terms of TE production. 

Still think the offense will benefit from getting Sammy back too. Rodgers trusts him and he's made the few plays that have come his way. Doubs is here to stay and probably is the No. 1-2 guy now along with Lazard in terms of snaps, but Sammy is still a good veteran presence out there IF he can get on the field. Cobb will keep doing his thing which is mostly show up in clutch situations. The biggest wildcard remains Watson. Personally, I think you're looking at a year where he mostly serves as a gadget-type player like the end-around yesterday. I don't see it yet in terms of him becoming an actual staple in the passing game other than the occasional deep ball maybe once a game. So far, he's had two chances on deep shots and he bombed the first one, and the second was a poor throw by 12 but Watson also adjusted to it like it was his first time ever running a deep route. He just doesn't have a feel out there right now as a WR. Going to have to keep using him purely for his speed. 

5 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This feud with RT is getting old real fast. Please try and live by the mantra "Criticise the post, not the poster." Lets not get into name calling. Thank you.

Dude won't shut up.  Sorry 1265 but when attacked I feel the need to respond.  He's at it again but hey I'll just let it go. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Kylin Hill is eligible to come off PUP this week. Wonder if he'll be activated...

Be nice to have him on specials. If he is healthy I would like to see him back on KO returns. Amari has been doing a decent job PR so not too concerned about that. 

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If this isn’t a blowout, there’s something wrong.

I'll settle for just a complete game where we don't look completely incompetent as an offense for an entire half of football like the last 2 weeks (2nd half v. TB and 1st half v. NE). Would also like to see our defense hold Barkley under 125 yards rushing. I'm not asking much.   

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Need to figure out the RT position and solidify that either through Jenkins getting better or making a move with Nijman. 

Would be nice to get some more action from the TEs. We have to rank dead-last in the league in terms of TE production. 

Still think the offense will benefit from getting Sammy back too. Rodgers trusts him and he's made the few plays that have come his way. Doubs is here to stay and probably is the No. 1-2 guy now along with Lazard in terms of snaps, but Sammy is still a good veteran presence out there IF he can get on the field. Cobb will keep doing his thing which is mostly show up in clutch situations. The biggest wildcard remains Watson. Personally, I think you're looking at a year where he mostly serves as a gadget-type player like the end-around yesterday. I don't see it yet in terms of him becoming an actual staple in the passing game other than the occasional deep ball maybe once a game. So far, he's had two chances on deep shots and he bombed the first one, and the second was a poor throw by 12 but Watson also adjusted to it like it was his first time ever running a deep route. He just doesn't have a feel out there right now as a WR. Going to have to keep using him purely for his speed. 

Watson will keep getting work and I hope makes strides as the season progresses. He pretty much sat for his first training camp so that doesn’t help. His athleticism is special so we have a role for him. If we can see some chemistry start to develop with him and 12, things will pick up.

I saw he scored the first running TD at WR for us since Janis. He needs to become a much better player than Janis but as an athlete it was fun to have that speed on the field. 

8 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yah well said that about NE too.  Something is wrong.  Wouldn't count on a blow out.

I mean it would have been blowout if they stopped shooting themselves in the foot. Gave NE a free 7 points on the INT TD and dropped TD on the other end. Those are both things that you hope we can fix. 

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You can't depend on Watkins week in and week out, his history shows that.  Need to get Watson and Doubs all the reps they can get.  Sprinkle Watkins in there when you can when healthy.  Come late season you could have a decent arsenal of weapons, but you gotta get these young WRs seasoned.  Clearly, there are and will be more growing pains, but this is the time to do that.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 2