Second Best Team

Hunter2_1

Assuming PHI is number 1...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes second, currently?

I think we've nearly all come to the conclusion that, as of Week 11 (!), The Eagles are in pole position. There's a lot of speculation as to who is the second best, so I thought I'd offer a way to present the wider opinion. 

And I stress, this is AS OF NOW. 

Why are we assuming Philadelphia is the best? Purely on record? 

Not taking anything away from them, they're clearly a top 5 team but their schedule has been really soft so I don't know that they're the best simply because of one fewer loss than the 2 loss teams 

14 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Why are we assuming Philadelphia is the best? Purely on record? 

Not taking anything away from them, they're clearly a top 5 team but their schedule has been really soft so I don't know that they're the best simply because of one fewer loss than the 2 loss teams 

Based on what the majority have said in both MVP/Ranking theads and the NO Saints thread. I guess it's primarily based on record, but also the performances and strength of certain positions on the team. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Ooo. Very magnanimous :)

Coming from the fan of the team whose had Tom Brady at QB for almost two decades :D

They won the Superbowl last year and have the GOAT at QB. Number one in my book until they fall apart or Eagles beat the Hawks and Rams back to back.

Just now, lancerman said:

You know who 

I'd trust a Patriots led team more in the playoffs, but there is no way they have a better argument for best team in the league over the Eagles based on the first 10 weeks.

They got beat at home handily by the Chiefs.

They got beat by the Panthers in a close one at home.

Eagles beat the Panthers on the road and lost on the road to the Chiefs, but we were tied 13-13 with them in the 4th quarter before a fluky turnover in our end got KC going.

The Eagles point differential is double what the Patriots is.

Archived