Second Best Team

Hunter2_1

Assuming PHI is number 1...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes second, currently?

Just now, tyler735 said:

Agreed definitely got lucky the past couple years with Lattimore sliding all the way to us in the draft, and gems like Breaux/Crawley

I'm still upset about Lattimore. I was in love with him and was gaining hope until you guys ended his slide 2 spots before us.

On 11/19/2017 at 12:55 PM, Wundy said:

True, I am too but the defense is legit and will keep any game close

I think each game Keemun doesn't come crashing down to earth the Vikings will gain another wave of believers. But yeah with that defense, any half-competent offense can be enough to win a game. They'll stick around in the playoffs for sure regardless of who's at QB

On November 19, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Starless said:

The Rams are the most complete at the moment. I was tempted to go with the Saints but their only real quality win was against the Panthers in week 3. The Pats are the Pats but I don't trust them against an opponent with a really good offense right now.

I wouldnt say that. MN beat on them pretty good. 

MN has the second most explosive offense in the NFL (20+ yard plays), are finding a run game, Keenum is playing well and an elite defense. I don't think you can take the Rams over the Vikes based on how that game turned out.

hard to go against Pittsburgh and New England at 2 and 3. I'd probably put MN at 4. The Eagles need to be challenged but I can't knock them yet for schedule.

19 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I think each game Keemun doesn't come crashing down to earth the Vikings will gain another wave of believers. But yeah with that defense, any half-competent offense can be enough to win a game. They'll stick around in the playoffs for sure regardless of who's at QB

As one of the earliest detractors for Case Keenum (and believe me, I was a Battle axe against Keenum back when he was an inaccurate Texans QB) I have to say the guy is proving me wrong this season - to the Vikings benefit. 

I think even if he has a bad game, you ride him out. 

Overview of the teams with 7+ wins

MOV- margin of victory, (points for - points allowed/games)

DVOA- defensive value over average, FO's proprietary mother of all stats, more here

SOV- SOS thus far, but only looking at teams they actually beat.

• Eagles 9-1
    • MOV: 13.2
    • DVOA: 34.5%
    • SOV: .420
    • Ls: by 7 at KC (1-0 ---> 6-4)

• Patriots 8-2
    • MOV: 8.7
    • DVOA: 17.5%
    • SOV: .514
    • Ls: by 15 vs KC (0-0 ---> 6-4), by 3 vs Panthers (2-1 ---> 7-3)

• Vikings 8-2
    • MOV: 6.9
    • DVOA: 26.0%
    • SOV: .500
    • Ls: by 17 at Steelers (1-0 ---> 8-2), by 7 vs Lions (2-1 ---> 6-4)

• Saints 8-2
    • MOV: 10.6
    • DVOA: 32.5%
    • SOV: .528
    • Ls: by 10 at Vikings (0-0 ---> 8-2), by 16 vs Patriots (0-1 ---> 8-2)

• Steelers 8-2
    • MOV: 6.2
    • DVOA: 30.4%
    • SOV: .528
    • Ls: OT at Bears (0-2 ---> 3-7), by 21 vs Jags (2-2 ---> 7-3)

• Rams 7-3
    • MOV: 6.9
    • DVOA: 31.1%
    • SOV: .413
    • Ls: by 7 vs Skins (0-1 ---> 4-6), by 6 vs Seahawks (2-2 ---> 6-4), by 17 at Vikings (7-2 ---> 8-2)

• Jaguars 7-3
    • MOV: 10.4
    • DVOA: 16.3%
    • SOV: .444
    • Ls: by 21 vs Titans (0-1 ---> 6-4), OT at Jets (1-2 ---> 4-6), by 10 vs Rams (3-2 ---> 7-3)

• Panthers 7-3
    • MOV: 3.3
    • DVOA: 14.9%
    • SOV: .557
    • Ls: by 21 vs Saints (0-2 ---> 8-2), by 5 vs Eagles (4-1 ---> 9-1), by 14 at Bears (2-4 ---> 3-7)

Great stats there, really shows how close the 8-2 or better teams are.  The Eagles have the best MOV and DVOA, but fall way behind in SOV over the other teams, while the other teams typically fall behind in one of the other areas such as DVOA or MOV, the only exception would be the Saints who have high numbers in comparison at every area, 2nd in MOV, 2nd in DVOA, T1 SOV...

Archived