THURSDAY NIGHT FOOSEBALL- INDY COMES TO MILE HIGH!

BullsandBroncos

3 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Not sure if this was already posted, but this video from Kurt Warner is worth a watch if you have the time. 

After watching this video and rewatching part of the game it is hard to put a ton of blame on Hackett for play call. Guys are getting schemed open and Russ isn't reading the defense or missing throws. Poor throws probably were influenced a bit by the injury and I think a lot of the poor reads on Russel's part are made worse by an offensive line in shambles, but I think Russ has a lot to own in our failures as an offense. 

That being said, I don't know that Russ's strengths have ever been linked with making the right read and dissecting a defense from the pocket. Seems like Hackett's strengths as a play caller are not well suited in matching Russ's strengths. Hopefully things will start to gel and they will eventually find a balance, but idk. 

Also I am glad he mentions it in this video, but the tyrie cleveland route on the gilmore int was absolutely terrible. Russ could have made an adjustment on the throw and gone up the field after seeing gilmore inside, but he shouldn't have had to make that decision. If cleveland wouldn't have run the least crisp/most rounded off route possible then thats an easy td. Lots of Russ not making the best read followed by making a good read and skill players dropping the ball or not executing on their end.

Fantastic. No wonder Hackett looks confused. Seems like Russell needs more time understanding the playbook. Fans should calm down and let this marinate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Not sure if this was already posted, but this video from Kurt Warner is worth a watch if you have the time. 

After watching this video and rewatching part of the game it is hard to put a ton of blame on Hackett for play call. Guys are getting schemed open and Russ isn't reading the defense or missing throws. Poor throws probably were influenced a bit by the injury and I think a lot of the poor reads on Russel's part are made worse by an offensive line in shambles, but I think Russ has a lot to own in our failures as an offense. 

That being said, I don't know that Russ's strengths have ever been linked with making the right read and dissecting a defense from the pocket. Seems like Hackett's strengths as a play caller are not well suited in matching Russ's strengths. Hopefully things will start to gel and they will eventually find a balance, but idk. 

Also I am glad he mentions it in this video, but the tyrie cleveland route on the gilmore int was absolutely terrible. Russ could have made an adjustment on the throw and gone up the field after seeing gilmore inside, but he shouldn't have had to make that decision. If cleveland wouldn't have run the least crisp/most rounded off route possible then thats an easy td. Lots of Russ not making the best read followed by making a good read and skill players dropping the ball or not executing on their end.

This was pretty telling. I think that Hackett has definitely made some boneheaded gaffes thus far, but I do have to give him some credit here. He schemed our receivers WIDE open over and over in this game, and Russ just straight up didn't see them, or missed the throw. You can tell Kurt Warner was irritated with Wilson during this session lol. As are a lot of pro bowl players around the league and on espn who know what they're looking at with this offense.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 3:57 AM, 1234567 said:

This was pretty telling. I think that Hackett has definitely made some boneheaded gaffes thus far, but I do have to give him some credit here. He schemed our receivers WIDE open over and over in this game, and Russ just straight up didn't see them, or missed the throw. You can tell Kurt Warner was irritated with Wilson during this session lol. As are a lot of pro bowl players around the league and on espn who know what they're looking at with this offense.

The problem is that Hackett is not schemeing to Wilson's strengths - he is attempting to put a square peg into a round hole. That is on the coach who should be tailoring his offence to the strengths of his QB - Hackett isn't doing that and, for me, its a further demonstration that he is not HC material.

Sean Payton was asked who he would do to sort out the Denver offence - his response is that he would get the film every touchdown pass that Wilson has thrown and every red zone pass that Wilson has completed and use them as the basis for the offensive scheme - Hackett hasn't done that - he is using the GB offence that is tailored for Rodgers and it isn't working.

10 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

Kurt is a tough act to follow. Tim is just painful to watch. Not a fan.

I prefer Tim’s clips. They flow so much better, far less repetitive. And he sounds like he’s actually interested in what he’s talking about, as opposed to Warner sounding like he’s reading a script. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I prefer Tim’s clips. They flow so much better, far less repetitive. And he sounds like he’s actually interested in what he’s talking about, as opposed to Warner sounding like he’s reading a script. 

I agree with you on those points. Kurt's content seemed to have more substance.