College Football Week 6 Thread: The one where Bo Pelini and Cryst had the same record

MikeT14

5 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

The shocking amount of fire Venables threads in the Sooner subreddit is quite tasty. 

Someone I was talking to Friday said “I think he’s going to get 1 year”. I called him crazy but that was before they lost 49-0 in the RRR

13 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

The shocking amount of fire Venables threads in the Sooner subreddit is quite tasty. 

They were an 8-4 team, maybe 9 wins if everything broke right.  They were probably losing to Oklahoma State and Baylor.  Figured they probably had a loss coming against Texas, and probably had their usual bad game.

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone I was talking to Friday said “I think he’s going to get 1 year”. I called him crazy but that was before they lost 49-0 in the RRR

Oklahoma doesn't fire coaches after a single year.  He's probably got 3 years minimum to get this program.  TBOW left the locker room barren.  You don't take the future #1 overall pick away from a program and anticipate it going well.  And Alex Grinch can't coach or recruit defensive players, so the defensive room is barren.  Leby just hasn't shown the ability to coach with the current roster.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They were an 8-4 team, maybe 9 wins if everything broke right.  They were probably losing to Oklahoma State and Baylor.  Figured they probably had a loss coming against Texas, and probably had their usual bad game.

KU taking it next weekend

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Oklahoma doesn't fire coaches after a single year.  He's probably got 3 years minimum to get this program.  TBOW left the locker room barren.  You don't take the future #1 overall pick away from a program and anticipate it going well.  And Alex Grinch can't coach or recruit defensive players, so the defensive room is barren.  Leby just hasn't shown the ability to coach with the current roster.

Yeah, gotta give Venables a chance to build his team, especially after Riley gutted it. He currently has a pretty impressive recruiting class.