Week 5: Miami Dolphins (3-1) @ New York Jets (2-2)

TheKillerNacho

Week 5: MIA @ NYJ  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New York Jets
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Teddy Bridgewater
    • Zach Wilson
    • Chase Edmonds
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Alec Ingold
    • Michael Carter
    • Breece Hall
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Elijah Moore
    • Corey Davis
    • Garrett Wilson
    • Durham Smythe
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Tyler Conklin
    • C.J. Uzomah
    • Jason Sanders
    • Greg Zuerlein
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jets DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2022 at 05:00 PM

dolphins-vs-jets.jpg

After a week of controversy, the Dolphins must look onward towards their next opponents: the lowly New York Jets. Just as Miami loses its star QB Tua Tagovailoa for what should be a sizeable amount of time, the Jets are just getting their young starter, Zach Wilson, back. Still, for the 3-1 Dolphins entering an easy sector of their schedule after arguably the hardest opening schedule through the first four weeks, this is a game they need to be able to win.

While I don't have much faith in Teddy, I do have some faith that our defense will be able to continue with its strong effort against the Bengals into this one. I fully expect Mike McDaniel to win in this battle of former 49ers assistants!

My prediction:

Miami 23
New York 19

Fins up!

3-1 at this point in the season. At the beginning I hoped for at best for 2-2 but thought 1-3 was more likely. This team has fight, mini bi-week to recover, I like Miami's chances. The Jets will play us tough, they always do but this is a different caliber of team than what we started the season playing. Granted so is Miami without Tua, but Miami has time to get Bridgewater ready should Tua not be cleared by then.

Let Tua heal, no need for him to rush back. The guy is a competitor and I am sure he will be trying to get back out there but I trust Tua to know where his body is and if he is ready to go. Despite many people trying to bury him, there is no way I think McDaniel is the type to push him to return early.     

Miami 24

Jets 13

2 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

No real surprise Tua has been ruled out for Week 5 already glad they made the decision early. 

TBH i would keep him out till Week 7 at the very least. Every concussion is different so there is no timetable, but that impact was brutal. Lets not mess around here

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Emerica said:

TBH i would keep him out till Week 7 at the very least. Every concussion is different so there is no timetable, but that impact was brutal. Lets not mess around here

The good news is that his MRI was negative & he has not showed any symptoms in evaluations.

That said, I agree completely. On Thursday night, I said I didn't want to see him back for 3-4 weeks even under the best case circumstances, and I stick by that.

Bridgewater needs lots of practice reps, he looked a bit hesitant when he was suddenly thrown into the game vs the Bengals. Staring at the play-call wristband, looking confused.

With a full week of starter practice he could be efficient. 

But this pass defense, ouch. Ranked #31. And that's with X playing every game.

Bad Intentional Grounding call to start the game. When the QB gets hit HARD halfway thru this throwing motion, the ball isn’t going to end up where it intended to. The direction of the ball was clearly affected when you look at where Bridgewater was looking to and winding up to throw at.