Broncos RB Javonte Williams tears ACL, LCL and posterior lateral corner; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

Every single promising young offensive skill player on this team gets a devastating injury 

Sutton ACL 2020

Hamler ACL 2021

Jeudy high ankle sprain 2021

Patrick ACL 2022

Williams ACL 2022

Okwuegbunam ACL 2020

There has to be some serious questions about the athletic staff 

2 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Really don’t feel comfortable with Gordon/Boone, both are serviceable but shouldn’t be relied on heavily.

Gordon is fine from an YPC standpoint but the fumbles are completely unforgivable.

We should trade for D’Ernest Johnson and run a 50/50 committee of him and Boone for the rest of the year. MG3 can sit on the bench until he learns not to put the ball on the carpet every week. 

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

This sounds grim.

I hate to say it, but I just hope he can be the same guy once he comes back. A young RB is a priority need on this team now. 

It makes the 10 month return to play tougher.   But regardless ACL rob full return of the entire athletic skill set for 18 months (change of direction, quick-twitch moves, stop and go).     So he’s not going to have it all back for 2024.    So yeah it really sucks.   Sigh.  

I'm devastated. Definitely has been my favorite player on the Broncos since he got here and unfortunately...we had still been splitting his touches to preserve his body...and then this. I truly don't have words and just hope he can find a spot in the league again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thoughts on Mike Boone as RB1? That one drop was bad but he had some nice burst on a couple other plays.

Boone is a decent bell cow and horrible receiver...Gordon is now a horrible bell cow and a good receiver. This season just got 10x harder