Raiders sign LB Blake Martinez

RaidersAreOne

Solid piece pickup. 

I know he knows the scheme, but I don't know how well he actually fits it (looked better in GB than NY, imo). That said, I think the overall talent in NY was less than we have, so that could help rebound him. 

Figured the signing was inevitable a few weeks ago really. Just glad we are able to bring someone in with a track record of at least decent play. Years prior, we'd have some random dude filling in. 

Rock, Brown, and Harmon- guys with solid history on winning teams- have been bright spots when called upon where we would've used nobodies a couple years ago. Not stars, but real NFL level starters. Hopefully it's next man up with Martinez, and hopefully a pleasant surprise even. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Veteran player. Knows the defense. I see no problem with this. KC likes to establish the run and we need the extra LB to stop it.

If he does well on Monday then I’ll eat crow. However, so close to the bye week, I’d prefer new additions to be brought into the fold afterwards