Raiders sign LB Blake Martinez

RaidersAreOne

He's good at getting tackles and keeping plays short. He needs the line to help or a good few of those will be a good few yards after the LOS though. He also tended to show up more than he got credit for on third down or late drives in GB and is a high intensity guy who might amp up some around him, but I didn't catch much of his time in NY. He's averaged about 145 tackles and 90 solo in his last 4 years in the league. 

If the Raiders signed him for that role it's a solid pickup a few weeks into the year. If they want him to play coverage stuff though, we'll uhhh... good luck! 

On 10/3/2022 at 7:36 PM, Billy86 said:

He's good at getting tackles and keeping plays short. He needs the line to help or a good few of those will be a good few yards after the LOS though. He also tended to show up more than he got credit for on third down or late drives in GB and is a high intensity guy who might amp up some around him, but I didn't catch much of his time in NY. He's averaged about 145 tackles and 90 solo in his last 4 years in the league. 

If the Raiders signed him for that role it's a solid pickup a few weeks into the year. If they want him to play coverage stuff though, we'll uhhh... good luck! 

I believe that he got a leg injury, which really eased his burst.  He already wasn't the fastest guy, I don't know how much of that he can give away and still be effective.  But he is a tackling machine, and should always help on that front.