Matt Milano question:

Suffering_Bills

I believe he’s our best defender and that’s saying a lot with Poyer, Von, Edmunds, Tre White, Hyde (IR), and Ed Oliver on the team. 

He won’t win the award because they aren’t flashy stats but he’s been a monster. Amazing instincts, fast, hits hard, best LB in coverage. We lose the ravens game easily if he doesn’t play. 

• Like 1

Milano has done great this year, no doubt. But, part of me feels like he's just been the biggest benefactor to the DL investment and improvement the Bills made this offseason. Milano has always been a talented and instinctual coverage LB. But he's also always been undersized. He's fast but not some elite athlete or anything. Always misses a decent number of tackles as a result. But now, with a great DL in front of him, they haven't needed to blitz him nearly as much, the DL keeps blockers off of him really well, and he's much more free to just read, react, and flow to the ball, which is perfect for his skillset. I think Milano is mostly the same guy he always has been, he now just has the perfect set up around him for him to succeed. That DL is so much better than it has been in recent years. Which, kudos to him still for taking advantage. But I don't think I could put him over Nick Bosa or Micah Parsons or Maxx Crosby. Nick Chubb and Saquon Barkley have been insane. Minkah Fitzpatrick is basically the only reason Pittsburgh has won anything this year, while Hufanga in San Fran looks like Polamalu found a younger body to possess. Tyreek's productivity with Tua and Teddy has been nuts. If you want a non-sexy position, Andrew Thomas has been damn near perfect at OT for the Giants. Mahomes and Kelce and Kupp and Donald are boring answers but are still as good as ever.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Milano has done great this year, no doubt. But, part of me feels like he's just been the biggest benefactor to the DL investment and improvement the Bills made this offseason. Milano has always been a talented and instinctual coverage LB. But he's also always been undersized. He's fast but not some elite athlete or anything. Always misses a decent number of tackles as a result. But now, with a great DL in front of him, they haven't needed to blitz him nearly as much, the DL keeps blockers off of him really well, and he's much more free to just read, react, and flow to the ball, which is perfect for his skillset. I think Milano is mostly the same guy he always has been, he now just has the perfect set up around him for him to succeed. That DL is so much better than it has been in recent years. Which, kudos to him still for taking advantage. But I don't think I could put over Nick Bosa or Micah Parsons or Maxx Crosby. Nick Chubb and Saquon Barkley have been insane. Minkah Fitzpatrick is basically the only reason Pittsburgh has won anything this year, while Hufanga in San Fran looks like Polamalu found a younger body to possess. Tyreek's productivity with Tua and Teddy has been nuts. If you want a non-sexy position, Andrew Thomas has been damn near perfect at OT for the Giants. Mahomes and Kelce and Kupp and Donald are boring answers but are still as good as ever.

This Matt Milano one-paragraph post started out freaking awesome like Highlander (1986) then it went Highlander II: The Quickening (1991) and after that none of us knew where the storyline was going. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FinSting said:

This Matt Milano one-paragraph post started out freaking awesome like Highlander (1986) then it went Highlander II: The Quickening (1991) and after that none of us knew where the storyline was going. 

He asked if anyone was playing better than Matt Milano. Figured I should list some names in addition to the commentary on Milano's play, and it got away from me as I thought of too many players lol.