Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

16 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

While I agree, you have to figure out the number of snaps that keeps him at 69%. Play Howell and see what he can do. Don't win games and fire this whole crap show called the Commanders. 

This. Putting Heinecke or Howell in means we win more games. At 1-4 we're picking 3rd. Might as well keep that or get higher with playing Wentz. And then bench him before the 12th week so that 3rd doesn't turn into a 2nd.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This. Putting Heinecke or Howell in means we win more games. At 1-4 we're picking 3rd. Might as well keep that or get higher with playing Wentz. And then bench him before the 12th week so that 3rd doesn't turn into a 2nd.

Man I’d really like to see what we have in Howell lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Honestly, I’d put FS on the list instead of LB unless you’re talking about depth. Holcomb & Jamin played well today and are continuing to make strides as a tandem. Our CBs outside of Juice & FS though is a major issue.

Got to hold my hands up, after slagging Holcomb off last week he played well today, but can someone tell me why we only play with 2 LB's ? 🤔

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, butz65 said:

Got to hold my hands up, after slagging Holcomb off last week he played well today, but can someone tell me why we only play with 2 LB's ? 🤔

Because in the NFL today teams run 3 WRs like 80% of the game. And when they have a Te in a lot of times they’re flexed to the slot as a receiver. They rarely play 2 TEs anymore. 

Putting in a 3rd Lb would not make our coverage better, only worse.

That’s why we play 3 safeties or 3 corners all game. 

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because in the NFL today teams run 3 WRs like 80% of the game. And when they have a Te in a lot of times they’re flexed to the slot as a receiver. They rarely play 2 TEs anymore. 

Putting in a 3rd Lb would only make our coverage better, only worse.

That’s why we play 3 safeties or 3 corners all game. 

Thanks for that, but our coverage still seems pretty bad. 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I want to see Howell, but not behind this OL. We’ve seen too many young QB ruined behind bad offensive lines in this franchise.

Does it even matter? A new regime is picking a QB. You might as well see if Howell is a viable option especially if Will Anderson is a possibility 

• Like 1

Did Ron...

Who is in <checks notes>... YEAR THREE of his tenure as Coach/GM...

Say in his Presser...

That there's still plenty of football left and it's gonna take time and nothing happens overnight???

Did I hear that correctly??

Man, that is PRICELESS. And should be grounds for removal as his brain is clearly demented.

Year 3.

We are worse than the team Gruden passed to him. And this team has no heart and no identity.

Most of all, no talent (*)

(*) no talent overall. But there are a few spots where we have good players

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

I seriously hope this crap show thinks thats possible and doesnt put a ton of faith in developing Sam Howell. 

I don't care what the numbers say about Carson Wentz, he is a sack of trash. 

I honestly do not want C.J. Stroud or Bryce Young. Ohio State QB's and Alabama QB's don't pan out in the NFL and it's extremely obvious. 

Of course with my sig, I would love Will Levis. 

Wentz is forcing the ball, holding the ball, moon balling deep throws, and believe me, Dyami Brown bailed him out both times with phenominal catches. 

Frankly, keep Wentz in and keep losing. Don't put in Heinicke thinking you can salvage a season. 

Yeah, let’s go with the inconsistent Levis one-year wonder. Sounds like a great plan.