Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

Just now, lavar703 said:

They'll play Howell. Howell can push the ball down the field and their biggest issue with Heinecke was his arm limiting the offense. He might see some time against the Bears but my guess is Howell is your starter by week 9. Wentz will just be made inactive. 

Lol Ron Rivera not smart enough for that tho.

I like Sam howell a lot 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They'll play Howell. Howell can push the ball down the field and their biggest issue with Heinecke was his arm limiting the offense. He might see some time against the Bears but my guess is Howell is your starter by week 9. Wentz will just be made inactive. 

I’d be absolutely shocked if that happened. Shocked I tell you. More shocked than I’ve ever been as a fan of this team if Howell plays some vs the Bears or is starting by week 9. I don’t even expect Howell to be active by week 9.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Understood but I don’t think the time is now. 

It has to happen after the Bears if we lose. My only issue is Rivera is almost certainly not coming back next year so he isn't inclined to play Howell. So Rivera needs to be fired if we lose to the Bears and Wentz needs to be made inactive. Let Heinecke start the first game after to give Howell a week to get ready. Just name Matsko the headcoach for the remainder of the season. Who really cares at that point?

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We don’t have any control over whether Ron is the one picking out next QB. Obviously in a perfect would I’d want him fired & a young great mind as a GM & offensive mind taking one next QB but, if Rivera is still here, he may do that also.

I think Ron will retire this season 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It has to happen after the Bears if we lose. My only issue is Rivera is almost certainly not coming back next year so he isn't inclined to play Howell. So Rivera needs to be fired if we lose to the Bears and Wentz needs to be made inactive. Let Heinecke start the first game after to give Howell a week to get ready. Just name Matsko the headcoach for the remainder of the season. Who really cares at that point?

It took Ron & Scotty weeks last year &’Heincke getting hurt against the Cowboys before they finally put Kyle Allen & his stronger arm in the game. I don’t expect Ron & Scotty to skip over Heinicke to play a rookie.

I want them to go to Howell at some point but I don’t see them doing it.

Edited by turtle28

Fed Ex Field Report: 

-Appreciate them no longer having a traffic backlog and scanning each parking pass.  Also probably helps that half the stadium is empty, but I digress

-Most of the food options were shut off for GrubHub, which was a great option during the Eagles game.  However, the Gold line moved decently at the Tostitos stand and we got chicken nachos which were surprisingly good.  

-PortaJons once again were not clean and stocked 

-Parking lots near the stadium were barely half full.  I think after an hour, the purple lot I park in had maybe 50 cars in it.  

-On the away side, it seemed like a lot of Titans fans.  I’d estimate maybe 40% total in the lower bowl.  

-Upper bowl nearly empty.  I think you could have sat everyone from the lower bowl and club level into the lower level, and the lower level MIGHT have been full at that point.

-Lots of grumbling about Wentz in the stands, not so much about Rivera.  

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

No point to cutting him and letting him sign somewhere else to divulge all of our playbook and strategy info. They are paying him money for this season, just bench him. Cutting him now could have serious negative impact. 

You still have hope of a winning season?

44 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Fed Ex Field Report: 

-Appreciate them no longer having a traffic backlog and scanning each parking pass.  Also probably helps that half the stadium is empty, but I digress

-Most of the food options were shut off for GrubHub, which was a great option during the Eagles game.  However, the Gold line moved decently at the Tostitos stand and we got chicken nachos which were surprisingly good.  

-PortaJons once again were not clean and stocked 

-Parking lots near the stadium were barely half full.  I think after an hour, the purple lot I park in had maybe 50 cars in it.  

-On the away side, it seemed like a lot of Titans fans.  I’d estimate maybe 40% total in the lower bowl.  

-Upper bowl nearly empty.  I think you could have sat everyone from the lower bowl and club level into the lower level, and the lower level MIGHT have been full at that point.

-Lots of grumbling about Wentz in the stands, not so much about Rivera.  

Winning off the field

8 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

per Ron Rivera he believes we can build around Carson wentz 

so idk if that means he’s playing wentz all year regardless of the record but will see ….:

still think benching him is the best move if we miss the playoffs 

Here’s thing, Ron told us this was year! Judge him, the front office & the coaching staff on this year. The team is so far reforming worse than last year & the same as in 2020 to start the season. 

If we’re judging him on this year, then he can’t get the job done & he hasn’t built a good enough team around Carson, which is Ron’s job. Personally, I think we have the talent to be much better at the skill positions but between the OL injures & mistakes & Carson’s bad pocket presence & missed opportunities we’re 1-4 when at worst based on the talent I think we should be 2-3, but really we should’ve won one of the Lions or Cowboys games. 

This just reeks of Zorn & Gruden’s last years as HC. The only difference with the current team is I look at the roster and I see more talent on paper it than I did on 2009 & 2019 but Ron & his coaching staff aren’t putting the players in position to win.

Edited by turtle28

27 minutes ago, Troublez said:

You still have hope of a winning season?

Negative. Just bad business to cut bait right now on him. Make him sit on the bench and then release him in the offseason. 

I hope we lose every game the rest of the way to ensure that the current staff is fired and light enough of a fire under the other owners to vote Dan out. 

• Like 1