Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So should I do the same history of Kentucky QBs? I picked out 3. Or I can do Florida, Texas, Michigan State, Penn State, Florida State, Texas A&M etc. All of these P5 schools have spotty history’s sending QBs to the NFL. That doesn’t mean the next guy in line is going to fail. How many good QBs have come from Tennessee since Manning or Michigan since Brady? Should the Chargers have passed on Herbert since Harrington and Mariota failed? It’s just a silly way to judge college QBs. 

Mac Jones went to the playoffs as a rookie and made the Pro Bowl. Tua just had a game where he threw 6 TD passes. Jalen Hurts is possibly your league MVP at the moment. As far as OSU, what QBs besides Fields and Haskins were picked high? Pryor, Barrett, Smith, Germaine etc. 

I mean, should we start looking to Wyoming now since Josh Allen came through there? I get that Fields and Haskins (RIP) seem to have field but that has zero to do with Stroud. Bryce Young, who I probably like third best out of Levis and Stroud just seems too small so I could see him failing. I’d be scared of taking him. But Stroud, I’d run that pick up so fast and not even think twice about it. 

Gawd, you are so focused on a minute point about the evaluation of a QB. It's a factor of the recent success that QB's have had from a specific school if the coaches are the same and the offense is the same. A factor. And not a leading one. Not a primary one. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Gawd, you are so focused on a minute point about the evaluation of a QB. It's a factor of the recent success that QB's have had from a specific school if the coaches are the same and the offense is the same. A factor. And not a leading one. Not a primary one. 

We shouldn’t draft Levis. Their current coach hasn’t ever coached a QB who’s been successful in the NFL.

3 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

The cowboys are just better than us . Once they get dak back and maybe get another weapon during the trade deadline they might have a better chance this year than last year to get to the Super Bowl . 

They Cowboys are just better coached. I don’t think they have that much more talent than we do.

8 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Lol come on turtle 

They really don’t. They have a less talented team than the team we nearly came back on last Dec at home after Kyle Allen took over for Heinicke. The talent gap is not that wide. 

We were down 12-7 to the Cowboys in the 1st half when we faced them. 15-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter. And that’s with 11 penalties for 136 yards. If we’re coached better, have less penalties & Wentz doesn’t throw that awful int with 5 minutes left at our own 13 - that would’ve gotten most QBs benched - we have a real chance to win the game in the 4th quarter.

But our coaches suck & our players kept committing mental errors so we lost. 

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They really don’t. They have a less talented team than the team we nearly came back on last Dec at home after Kyle Allen took over for Heinicke. The talent gap is not that wide. 

We were down 12-7 to the Cowboys in the 1st half when we faced them. 15-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter. And that’s with 11 penalties for 136 yards. If we’re coached better, have less penalties & Wentz doesn’t throw that awful int with 5 minutes left at our own 13 - that would’ve gotten most QBs benched - we have a real chance to win the game in the 4th quarter.

Turtle , they have probably the best edge rushers in the nfl. A corner in diggs who having an elite caliber year in coverage and can also ****** up interceptions . They also have better linebackers . Also a better two combo group at running back , at this point a better OL and tight end also.

only thing  we really have is wide outs 

the cowboys are more talented as much as I hate to admit it . We are 12-7 down cause dak wasn’t also playing if he did it wouldn’t have been a 15 point loss 

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

I understand that. It’s just a weird thing to hold against a totally different prospect. 

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know man…they seem to be infinitely more talented than us lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Turtle , they have probably the best edge rushers in the nfl. A corner in diggs who having an elite caliber year in coverage and can also ****** up interceptions . They also have better linebackers . Also a better two combo group at running back , at this point a better OL and tight end also.

only thing  we really have is wide outs 

the cowboys are more talented as much as I hate to admit it . We are 12-7 down cause dak wasn’t also playing if he did it wouldn’t have been a 15 point loss 

I explained why we lost the game. Most of it was self inflicted. You don’t want to believe that, go rewatch the game or go look at all the awful penalties we committed which stalled drives or Wentz’s awful int at our own 13-yard line.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I explained why we lost the game. Most of it was self inflicted. You don’t want to believe that, go rewatch the game or go look at all the awful penalties we committed which stalled drives or Wentz’s awful int at our own 13-yard line.

Bro the cowboys are making every qb look bad . There’s a reason why they are holding teams down to 20 points. You think cowboys defense would be this good if fuller/Jackson/ and McCain was playing lol?. 

that wentz int didn’t matter because the game was out of reach. We was not going to come back .

Especially with the refs murdering us that game 

Edited by IHatesnyder

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We had the ball at the one yard line and Wentz tried to throw the interception twice before finally doing so. He’s not THE problem but he’s certainly a major part of it. 

It was the 2. If it was the 1 I bet we would've tried running or even a sneak on 1st down because well saw what happened when we threw 3 times from the 2. The route concepts were pathetic. Lets bunch everyone in the middle of the field where all of the defenders are, ya great idea. Wentz missed not having Jahan in that series as I would be willing to bet he throws 2 out of 3  if not 3 out of 3 of those balls to him if he was playing. 

16 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Bro the cowboys are making every qb look bad . There’s a reason why they are holding teams down to 20 points. You think cowboys defense would be this good if fuller/Jackson/ and McCain was playing lol?. 

that wentz int didn’t matter because the game was out of reach. We was not going to come back .

Especially with the refs murdering us that game 

Yeah, and their defensive coordinator is scheming up exotic blitzes & moving their two pro bowl pass rushers around the line of scrimmage so it’s not easy to dissect how to block them for offenses. It’s coaching.

Our defense is vanilla. Zero exotic blitzes, always rushing our best pass rusher from the same position on the DL. It’s easy to plan for our D on how to block it bc there’s no creativity.

Same thing on offense since the Jags game.

3 hours ago, Scott Land said:

It was the 2. If it was the 1 I bet we would've tried running or even a sneak on 1st down because well saw what happened when we threw 3 times from the 2. The route concepts were pathetic. Lets bunch everyone in the middle of the field where all of the defenders are, ya great idea. Wentz missed not having Jahan in that series as I would be willing to bet he throws 2 out of 3  if not 3 out of 3 of those balls to him if he was playing. 

I think you both are right 

In the end we lost so it sucks