Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

We should be scared of Derrick Henry.  At worst he is good, but he is starting to show greatness again.  I think our little buffalo nickels should particularly be scared.  They better hope the dline can contain or people are gonna get run over.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see if we revert. We've done well against the run the last couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

How much of that is due to our offense being inept and the other team going into clock-killing mode? 

It was 13-7 at the end of the half right? And then 10-15 at the end of the third? I'd say at least the Dallas game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

How much of that is due to our offense being inept and the other team going into clock-killing mode? 

I would say regardless of when it was, we’ve still been good vs the run the last 2 weeks. W/o the penalties for PI or illegal contact on D vs Dallas, it’s a completely different ballgame. If I remember correctly an int got taken away bc of illegal contact or PI & we had 1 or 2 other huge PI calls on us. We eliminate those & some of the penalties on offense and I think it’s a 1 score game vs Dallas.

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

We should be scared of Derrick Henry.  At worst he is good, but he is starting to show greatness again.  I think our little buffalo nickels should particularly be scared.  They better hope the dline can contain or people are gonna get run over.

I expect someone to get run over regardless or to end up on the high lights after a Henry stiff arm. Henry had 114 yds & 1 TD vs the Colts last week & the Titans won by 7. I’d say if we can hold Henry to those type of stats that we’d have a chance to win the game. If he goes off for anything near 150 plus & 2 plus TDs we won’t have a shot.

23 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Do we know if Robinson & Chase Young will be playing vs Titans?

That would be huge for us, with the injuries we already have.

Robinson, yes. Young, no.

Well…Robinson is back in practice, I guess it’s not yet decided whether he’ll be up for the game. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Young hasn’t been activated from anything yet so no. Robinson hasn’t been elevated to the roster. He’s in his 3 week eval phase. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

As others have said Young hasn’t been activated yet bc he’s not ready. BRob is in a 3 week evaluation phase to see if he can return or not, if he doesn’t he’ll go on IR.

My guess is neither would have much of an impact. I don’t really expect BRob to come in and just perform like nothing happened and he hasn’t missed the last month of playing time & practice. Plus, what’s it going to feel like when his leg gets hit?

I wouldn’t expect Chase to just be 100% himself & all when he’s first back. It’s going to be a bit until he’s effective IMO when he does come back.

I still think Young is over hyped. I had rather gone for a QB that draft then him. He looked good his rookie season, next season wasn't showing he was worth the 2nd overall pick and this year he will miss half the season and probably get hurt again. I just feel like he is going to be one of those types of players. So much potential yet hardly any results. I feel the Titans are just going to manhandle us like the last 3 teams. The NFL knows the Commanders weaknesses: Can't protect the QB, are secondary reminds me of Swiss cheese, our DEs can't provide a descent pass rush (our starting DTs have more sacks then our DEs!) and our QB is scared to make a mistake and holds onto the ball way to long. Titans over us by at least two TDs. Wouldn't it really just be normal for our team if their QB has twice the passing yards and TDs then our QB? I have no faith in this team. Be the first team to go 1-16!

5 hours ago, rbcavalier said:

I still think Young is over hyped. I had rather gone for a QB that draft then him. He looked good his rookie season, next season wasn't showing he was worth the 2nd overall pick and this year he will miss half the season and probably get hurt again. I just feel like he is going to be one of those types of players. So much potential yet hardly any results. I feel the Titans are just going to manhandle us like the last 3 teams. The NFL knows the Commanders weaknesses: Can't protect the QB, are secondary reminds me of Swiss cheese, our DEs can't provide a descent pass rush (our starting DTs have more sacks then our DEs!) and our QB is scared to make a mistake and holds onto the ball way to long. Titans over us by at least two TDs. Wouldn't it really just be normal for our team if their QB has twice the passing yards and TDs then our QB? I have no faith in this team. Be the first team to go 1-16!

Young might end up a bust, but he was still a no brainer pick and as we all have discussed as nauseum no one had Herbert on their radar at #2, we would have ended up with Tua.  

If you are going to question our draft picks, look no further than last years 1st round pick.  Just an above average player at that position would help us against Henry.  We didn't even evaluate him to be the position we drafted him for.

Agree about DEs.  The fact that we didn't extend payne because we are planning to extend Sweat was a major mistake.  Sweat is an average player.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yea, these next 2 games have become must wins if Washington wants to crawl back in the race.

If you get back to 3-3, than anything can happen from there.

Or, must losses if you’re just looking for them to lose out & have the #1 pick in the draft. 😂 😉 

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Or, must losses if you’re just looking for them to lose out & have the #1 pick in the draft. 😂 😉 

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I know people get pissed about it but the future of this franchise will be much brighter 3 years from now if they take the second path. Lose out or find out now what you have in Howell. Carson Wentz is a road to nowhere.

• Like 1