Week 5: MIA Dolphins vs NY Jets

Bobby816

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah this was definitely even the case early last season too. Well see if MLF can adjust. This is a huge game for us.

It does beg the question on why Moore isn’t getting quick developing routes like Wilson and Davis and/or Berrios should be having the longer developing routes. Put your best players in position to succeed. After all… don’t we say every WR needs to know every WR position on the field? So to move them around, should be easy.

16 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

If you all want to attack the Miami corners, you're playing into their hands.  If there was ever a week to go two TE and get CJ and Conklin heavily involved this is it.  The strength of the dolphins is its secondary and interior run defense.  Unfortunately with all the tackle injuries, running to the outside is gonna be tougher but that's the best way to work on the Dolphins in the run game is  to rush outside.  In the passing game, you have to make their LB cover. Lot of dump offs to the RB and get the TE involved.  Make Elandon Roberts and Duke Riley make plays in space and in coverage.  If you want to hit WR you're gonna have to move the pocket to allow them more time to get open

They have the 2nd worst secondary in the NFL through 4 weeks.

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

The Patriots leading receiver was... A TE, the bills leading receiver was a RB and the Ravens leading receiver was a TE against them.  

The Patriots leading receiver was actually Meyers and Bourne not Smith.

Ravens Bateman caught for 109 and 1 TD and was the leading WR yardage wise and Andrews plays like a WR pretty much. He attacks the secondary not the front 7 mostly.

BUF still had close to 300yds if you take away the RB and TEs stats from that game.

CIN had a good game against them as well.

Your point would also indicate that every TE or RB reception has nothing to do with the secondary. When in fact it a lot of the time it is on the secondary. So even if you erase those stats like I did. They're still responsible for a lot of those players and stats in reality.

Point being... MIA has far from a great secondary this season, and we shouldn't avoid them as you eluded to. The stats tell a different story, so we by no means should be hesitant to throw on them.

I agree in playing TEs bc we have good ones and we can use them to stay in and help out our banged up OL. But our WRs are better than their CBs, so that should be attacked as well.

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The Patriots leading receiver was actually Meyers and Bourne not Smith.

Ravens Bateman caught for 109 and 1 TD and was the leading WR yardage wise and Andrews plays like a WR pretty much. He attacks the secondary not the front 7 mostly.

BUF still had close to 300yds if you take away the RB and TEs stats from that game.

CIN had a good game against them as well.

Your point would also indicate that every TE or RB reception has nothing to do with the secondary. When in fact it a lot of the time it is on the secondary. So even if you erase those stats like I did. They're still responsible for a lot of those players and stats in reality.

Point being... MIA has far from a great secondary this season, and we shouldn't avoid them as you eluded to. The stats tell a different story, so we by no means should be hesitant to throw on them.

I agree in playing TEs bc we have good ones and we can use them to stay in and help out our banged up OL. But our WRs are better than their CBs, so that should be attacked as well.

Smith had the most catches on the team

andrews had the most catches on the team.

Miami is a blitz heavy team that depends on  a lot of man coverage, there LB are a weak spot at coverage.  Target them.  I'm not saying ignore the WR but the TE should be a larger focus than our normal weeks, imo.  

24 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Smith had the most catches on the team

andrews had the most catches on the team.

Miami is a blitz heavy team that depends on  a lot of man coverage, there LB are a weak spot at coverage.  Target them.  I'm not saying ignore the WR but the TE should be a larger focus than our normal weeks, imo.  

100% think we should use the TE and the middle of the field.

I guess my point was merley that I think we have the WR vs CB advantage as well... so I wouldn't shy away from that. I'd attack it.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It does beg the question on why Moore isn’t getting quick developing routes like Wilson and Davis and/or Berrios should be having the longer developing routes. Put your best players in position to succeed. After all… don’t we say every WR needs to know every WR position on the field? So to move them around, should be easy.

He should definitely move them around but it looks like we're going to see him being the guy we use vertically when all 3 are on the field. 

I am not worried about Moore at all, he will get his share of passes, and how about our TE who caught a pass over the middle down field. The WR core is the best since the Decker & Marshall. era.. We should be worried about our O line not how many passes a player gets. Give Wilson time and will find the open receiver. THAT IS THE KEY

On 10/6/2022 at 7:00 AM, Bobby816 said:

Zack seems to look Davis' way the most from what I've seen.  Probably a habit from the rookie year where Davis was the only WR we had before Berrios broke out and Moore got healthy later in the year.

If MIA can have two top WRs then there is no reason Moore and Wilson can't both get theirs.  I do think Davis will start to take a back seat as the season goes on but if he keeps making plays and Zack is working well with him then Moore or Wilson will just have to be the one to sacrifice for now. 

I think all three could work but right now Conklin is getting those other targets and not the 3rd WR.

Edited by Rockice_8

I still think the Jets can win this game hands down it is on Zach to make the throws which can be VERY scary. The D should hold Miami under 20 with no RB, a beat up D and a circus of media around with the Tua situation. They are also on the road too for a chance to catch them at a weak point in the season. These are the chances that playoff teams take advantage of. Then you add the fact that if the Jets win Sunday they have a winning record going into week 6. When was the last time that happend? Proabably a decade ago. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Zack seems to look Davis' way the most from what I've seen.  Probably a habit from the rookie year where Davis was the only WR we had before Berrios broke out and Moore got healthy later in the year.

If MIA can have two top WRs then there is no reason Moore and Wilson can't both get theirs.  I do think Davis will start to take a back seat as the season goes on but if he keeps making plays and Zack is working well with him then Moore or Wilson will just have to be the one to sacrifice for now. 

I think all three could work but right now Conklin is getting those other targets and not the 3rd WR.

I think there's a confidence level in a QB throwing to bigger targets. Davis had him a game last week. And came up big. So I don't expect Wilson to shy away from him. But the big playmakers no question are Moore and Wilson. It feels like either or both of them are bound to bust a big play any Sunday. 

Wearing white on black again…so we’re gang green and never wear green? I personally despise this combo. Green helmet, white jersey, black pants just does not match. Please just redo these unis for the love of god. Kelly Green normal number font, 90s JETS logo…it’s not hard. Want black alternates…awesome, but stop mismatching them. Literally looks like when you let your child dress themselves for the first time, only worse. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Wearing white on black again…so we’re gang green and never wear green? I personally despise this combo. Green helmet, white jersey, black pants just does not match. Please just redo these unis for the love of god. Kelly Green normal number font, 90s JETS logo…it’s not hard. Want black alternates…awesome, but stop mismatching them. Literally looks like when you let your child dress themselves for the first time, only worse. 

Haha was just thinking how awesome it is we haven't repped the green jersey. I'm a fan of the white/black in any combo, think it's a clean look.. just don't love the new shade of green.