Week 5: MIA Dolphins vs NY Jets

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’d give the DL a break with the run defense if they had consistent pressure. Outside of the 4th quarter they weren’t generating much and we’re getting gashed. 

Surprisingly, we are 16th in total rush yards allowed (572) and 7th in yds per attempt (4.0).  Unsurprisingly, the D has allowed 7 rush TD's 26th.

As for pressure, we rank in the bottom third for almost all pass rushing metrics yet we are 11th in pass yards allowed and 16th in yds/att.  I guess this means our DB's are doing well in spite of the lack of pressure.

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Azeez Al-Shaair(Will) and Roquan Smith(Mike) should be the two top guys we look at in the off-season at Linebacker. 

Not seeing a ton of athletic, coverage guys in the draft. Maybe Overshown but he may be a liability against the run. Would be nice if Sherwood had some value next season, Smith somehow hits free agency and we ride Quincy and a Day 2-3 pick. 

14 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Jets were 5/11 on 3rd downs and if I heard correctly, 5/6 or 5/7 in the red zone. Converted when it counted. 

Ya we're getting better and better in crucial situations. If we can clean up the 3rd quarter we can compete with any team.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:43 AM, TheChad said:

Sauce and Breece and Garrett Wilson have been getting all the love this year, but AVT might legitimately be the best pick JD's made. This is truly crazy stuff.

I have to agree. Without him, our QBs would literally die. 

22 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’d give the DL a break with the run defense if they had consistent pressure. Outside of the 4th quarter they weren’t generating much and we’re getting gashed. 

Feels as if I was watching a different game. A lot of those "gashes" came when the DL was double teamed and Mostert just made the second level defenders look silly with quick decisive cuts. Jets were also in a big nickel defense most of the game including on the goal line for that sneak play.  I thought the DL played extremely well most of that game and they were generating great pressure throughout. A lot of drives only stayed alive because of pass interference calls that were kinda iffy (not saying the refs were against us or complaining).

Just other opinions and not statistical proof of anything, but both ESPN win rate and PFF think the Jets DL is playing pretty well.