Week 5 GDT: Chargers vs Browns

MWil23

Who Wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• The Browns, obviously
    • The Chargers, obviously...what are you, crazy?
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • Everyone loses because Mike steals everyone's souls

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Makes sense, the Panthers are our natural rival. Oooohh I hate them so much.

I have no idea why, but this legit made me LOL

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I hope Geno Smith falls down a flight of stairs.

The image I got in my head on this also made me laugh for some reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Can’t wait for baker to get benched In Carolina 

I appreciate how hard he played for us and hope he realizes his ceiling potential as a good, middle of the pack NFL starting QB. I doubt Carolina is the situation for him to do that in, though.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I have no idea why, but this legit made me LOL

The image I got in my head on this also made me laugh for some reason.

There was a time when I made a lot of people here laugh. I don't know if I changed or the board did but now, I only make you and mike laugh. 

13 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It's been stated a few times already

The Browns moving on from Baker is being proven to be the right decision, each week he s.its the bed.  The problem that some have, is the fact that we moved on from him to get Watson

I don't really think they have to be connected. We traded for Watson and discarded the last guy. Taking morality away, Watson's play and the team's ability to win a championship will be the test if it was the right decision. We could have let Baker walk and used those 1sts to move up and select a prospect in the 2023 draft and pay him his rookie contract money and see if he pans out. 

It wasn't like it had to be Mayfield or Watson and no other options were possible. I have much less of an issue moving on from Baker than I did that we went after Watson. I'd been fine if we traded Baker and just went forward with Brissett and drafted a guy next year. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't really think they have to be connected. We traded for Watson and discarded the last guy. Taking morality away, Watson's play and the team's ability to win a championship will be the test if it was the right decision. We could have let Baker walk and used those 1sts to move up and select a prospect in the 2023 draft and pay him his rookie contract money and see if he pans out. 

It wasn't like it had to be Mayfield or Watson and no other options were possible. I have much less of an issue moving on from Baker than I did that we went after Watson. I'd been fine if we traded Baker and just went forward with Brissett and drafted a guy next year. 

I agree with this statement, but it still feels that there is this sentiment that the two are somehow tied together.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Easier said than done. It would have taken a team being willing to trade down. Plus, it's no guarantee that the rookie would pan out. Doesn't mean Watson will for sure either, but he's at least proven he can play at a very high level and he's still young.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I should be more insulted by this somehow.

I still like you my beloved friend despite differences of opinion. 

To be honest nobody is right now.

There is no easy answers

You are one of the best posters ever

Keep posting. Happy I Love You GIF by pikaole

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

It's been stated a few times already

The Browns moving on from Baker is being proven to be the right decision, each week he s.its the bed.  The problem that some have, is the fact that we moved on from him to get Watson

7 wins 9 losses we are so much better than 12 wins 5 losses.

Your a genius. 

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

There was a time when I made a lot of people here laugh. I don't know if I changed or the board did but now, I only make you and mike laugh. 

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH

The only topic you’re wrong about is Baker

Edited by candyman93