Week 5 GDT: San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers

J-ALL-DAY

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, these were before the Rams game. I followed up with the Rams game with him, but I'm not sure if he'll respond. 

Let me know what you see. I'm not sure I'll even get to it this week to really sit down and watch as my GF is out of town for a wedding and I'm stuck with the little man. 

Put a lolipop in his mouth and tell him you have film work to do. If he needs anything give him the number to Dominos

• Like 2

Kinda random, but still within the thread topic. What are the chances we are seeing/playing the team that D. Ryans will be the head coach of next season?

the Panthers have a decent, yet underachieving defense, and at the rate they are going, will probably be in position to draft a top QB in this next draft that has a lot of talent.

as much as I don’t wanna see him go, it’s inevitable and I could see Carolina being a strong suitor 

Edited by P_locniners

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

Kinda random, but still within the thread topic. What are the chances we are seeing/playing the team that D. Ryans will be the head coach of next season?

the Panthers have a decent, yet underachieving defense, and at the rate they are going, will probably be in position to draft a top QB in this next draft that has a lot of talent.

as much as I don’t wanna see him go, it’s inevitable and I could see Carolina being a strong suitor 

I don't think Rhule is going to be back there, so there's definitely a chance. 

12 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I'd assume he's going to take someone from the offensive coaching staff to be his OC. Bobby Slowik wouldn't surprise me if he follows DeMeco Ryans.

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

I think there will be an opening in Indy as well.. The QB guru didn't work for them, so I could see them go for a defensive guy

I wouldn't count the Colts out just yet. They started slow last season and then picked it up. Still had a solid team but if they miss the playoffs, then I can see making a change.

Washington is another team that may move on, especially if they don't improve...and improve fast! But will they want to hire another defensive coach?

The Cardinals will make a change if they miss the playoffs and the season goes south. And there's a good possibility of that happening.

Ryans will have a few opportunities. Now it is time to guess who we will replace him with. I called the Ryans hire very early in the 2020 season and I'll say if we keep it in house and not hire someone like Fangio...Then Undlin or Sorensen. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Really? I think Reich gets at least another year, but I could definitely be wrong

Just guessing, but he's had his chance at a couple hand picked QBs now. If I were running that team I'd move on.

Definitely not Reichs fault that they don't have any pass catchers outside of an often hobbled Pittman though 

As J said, they could turn it around because that roster is quite talented.. but Matt Ryan has not been as advertised 

Edited by adamq

It's too early to count him out in Indy, but I will say that I've been massively underwhelmed with Reich in Indy for at least this year and last. As J said, they are still learning to work with Matt Ryan, which is a problem that they endure every year, but right now the offensive line is a massive problem. It's just flat out bad. 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'd assume he's going to take someone from the offensive coaching staff to be his OC. Bobby Slowik wouldn't surprise me if he follows DeMeco Ryans.

That's going to be an interesting call because Ryans has only ever been here and I don't know if he'd want to take a guy like Slowik already. He's 2 years removed from being a quality control coach.  But I don't know what Ryans' contact list looks like around the league. Stuff like that can sink you - I had the same concern for Brandon Staley and he hired Lombardi as his OC and he's just bad at it, always has been. Anthony Lynn would be interesting....that's a well respected guy with a lot of experience and I could see how that would be considerably beneficial to a guy like Ryans, but I'm not sure how good Lynn is either if we are being honest. 

Also, I wouldn't count out Lafleur in New York. I don't know how hot that seat is for Saleh, but not inconceivable that they get bounced. Also, I think just in a general sense that Ryans should 100% put a call in to Joe Brady. He got shafted in Carolina. The offense was just fine with Teddy B in 2020 (great outside of the red zone, pretty bad within the red zone if I remember right) and then he got screwed when he couldn't make it work with Sam Darnold because Sam is a whole lot worse than Teddy lol. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

That's going to be an interesting call because Ryans has only ever been here and I don't know if he'd want to take a guy like Slowik already. He's 2 years removed from being a quality control coach.  But I don't know what Ryans' contact list looks like around the league. Stuff like that can sink you - I had the same concern for Brandon Staley and he hired Lombardi as his OC and he's just bad at it, always has been. Anthony Lynn would be interesting....that's a well respected guy with a lot of experience and I could see how that would be considerably beneficial to a guy like Ryans, but I'm not sure how good Lynn is either if we are being honest. 

Also, I wouldn't count out Lafleur in New York. I don't know how hot that seat is for Saleh, but not inconceivable that they get bounced. Also, I think just in a general sense that Ryans should 100% put a call in to Joe Brady. He got shafted in Carolina. The offense was just fine with Teddy B in 2020 (great outside of the red zone, pretty bad within the red zone if I remember right) and then he got screwed when he couldn't make it work with Sam Darnold because Sam is a whole lot worse than Teddy lol. 

Yup, that is my thinking as well. Whoever he hires as OC will be super interesting. I don't love hiring Lynn as OC. Good reason why lost play-calling duties last season for the lions. Feel like whoever Ryans hires will either be super young inexperienced or someone not exciting. Lol