Washington Players Current Trade Value

MKnight82

On 10/19/2022 at 2:30 AM, offbyone said:

1)True.  But by all accounts it was a Sam Mills thing and I doubt the grasser is feeling much greener at Carolina right now.  That organization has more unknowns than us on the football side.

2)Because we have benched him multiple times and then drafted his replacement.  Everyone complains that you don't get something out of these players, well if we wait another year, we won't get anything out of gibson and running backs rarely are worth second contracts.  Unlike cap space, running backs do in fact seem to grow on trees.

3)I thought he was under contract through 2023.  If so then you are absolutely right, this is a silly trade unless he extends.  

Maybe then we should just trade Gibson to the Panthers for a pick.

Why? Gibson is a valuable weapon, change of pace back who can carry the ball 20-30 times if need be, a kick returner & a college WR who can run some of those routes. If we trade him it’s very unlikely with that late round pick we’d get a guy who is such a weapon & was a good starter who’s just entering his prime.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why? Why are we trading two of our most productive weapons on offense? To tank?

Player A) benched, 61 carries for 214 yards (3.5 YPC) - very similar to Melvin Gordon and Tyler Allgeiger

Player B) 34 catches for 287 yards (8.4 YPC), usage decline since Week 2 - on par with Dionte Johnson and a bunch of RBs

I mean if someone wants to come along and give us something good, so be it. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Player A) benched, 61 carries for 214 yards (3.5 YPC) - very similar to Melvin Gordon and Tyler Allgeiger

Player B) 34 catches for 287 yards (8.4 YPC), usage decline since Week 2 - on par with Dionte Johnson and a bunch of RBs

I mean if someone wants to come along and give us something good, so be it. 

OL sucks & Oc sucks. Hopefully Heinicke can get him the ball to make plays in space again like last year when he had 1331 all-purpose yards & 10 TDs.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean, we are tanking without even trying. Realistically this team should have zero wins right now. Well maybe one, I'll give the Jacksonville W but they absolutely should've lost to the Bears.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, we are tanking without even trying. Realistically this team should have zero wins right now. Well maybe one, I'll give the Jacksonville W but they absolutely should've lost to the Bears.

They would’ve lost both games if both Lawrence & Fields just make more accurate corner routes for their RB/TEs or if Etiene didn’t drop a clear TD.

That being said, I still wouldn’t trade Gibson unless it’s for a high pick, which we’d never get offered.

Now Payne, maybe, bc he’s goin got cost as much as Jon Allen & I firmly believe you can’t pay 2 DTs $15-20 mil a year.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Curtis samuels is inconsistent and has had some key drops this season. We have depth also . Plus Gibson contract is coming up and we already have Brob and JD here as a pass catching back.

We would get more getting something now and help rebuild the team.  We also have to take account that no free agent is willing to come here , especially if Snyder is here and being super cheap . 

Trade Curtis and Gibson and get a good value pick . It’d benefit us down the line. I’d also would like to see more of brown at wr .

Edited by IHatesnyder

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They would’ve lost both games if both Lawrence & Fields just make more accurate corner routes for their RB/TEs or if Etiene didn’t drop a clear TD.

That being said, I still wouldn’t trade Gibson unless it’s for a high pick, which we’d never get offered.

Now Payne, maybe, bc he’s goin got cost as much as Jon Allen & I firmly believe you can’t pay 2 DTs $15-20 mil a year.

If somebody offered a 3rd and a 4th for Gibson he'd be gone before they hung up the phone. I want Payne to stay but if they aren't going to pay him and Standig now believes his value sits at a 2nd rounder you'd have to be stupid not to do it. Honestly, for me, its fire sale time if they lose the next two. Fuller, Jackson, Samuel, Gibson, McKissic, Leno, Holcomb, Sweat etc. Anybody with value that is staring a new contract in the face. And you either IR Wentz or make him inactive. 

*next game actually because I believe the trade deadline is here before the next two

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If somebody offered a 3rd and a 4th for Gibson he'd be gone before they hung up the phone. I want Payne to stay but if they aren't going to pay him and Standig now believes his value sits at a 2nd rounder you'd have to be stupid not to do it. Honestly, for me, its fire sale time if they lose the next two.

Fuller, Jackson, Samuel, Gibson, McKissic, Leno, Holcomb, Sweat etc. Anybody with value that is staring a new contract in the face. And you either IR Wentz or make him inactive. 

*next game actually because I believe the trade deadline is here before the next two

I seriously doubt we’d get anything like we want back in a trade. Other than Sweat & Payne, I don’t see any of the guys you mentioned getting us back a 3rd or more.

We’ve been down this road so many times in this forum. Remember all the discussion in 2009 & 2010 that we should trade Cooley for a 3rd bc we had Fred Davis, it never materialized.

The people in this forum thinking we can get this or that for players that we ourselves overate their value doesn’t mean that we’ll get that in return & history has proven that out over and over.