Washington Players Current Trade Value

MKnight82

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't understand what you all truly expected to get from a corner who was benched and hurt with that contract? The fact that we got anything is the shocking part. 

He was benched because he doesnt fit the system. We can't act like WJ3 isn't a young(ish) starting caliber CB because of his tenure here. Jack Del Rio has been the worst at scheming around players. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e16bball said:

…swap of late round picks is better than the nothing we all thought they were going to get for him?

Yeah. Possibly. Although the flipside is that if we cut him, he might not make it to the 4th waiver position. I could see any of the top 3 grabbing him.

But yours is probably the correct answer.

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't understand what you all truly expected to get from a corner who was benched and hurt with that contract? The fact that we got anything is the shocking part. 

True. But I'd expect to lose the player and get like a 6th or 7th in that situation. Not also pay another pick as well. 

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

True. But I'd expect to lose the player and get like a 6th or 7th in that situation. Not also pay another pick as well. 

We still haven't seen the details of the swap (I'm sure it is just a 6th for a 7th), but I think the biggest part is the cap maneuverability too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m with you. I’m ready to bag on this FO for pretty much anything — and we can continue to pillory them wildly for signing him in the first place — but he has a back injury and a big cap number next year, and our defense is clearly much better without him in there. Rivera won’t even talk about him in press conferences, and it literally came out that they were going to cut him if they couldn’t move him.

These guys could teach a masterclass in torpedoing players’ value — that’s the tried and true SnyderSkins Way. But I’m honestly surprised under the circumstances that they got anything for him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I’m with you. I’m ready to bag on this FO for pretty much anything — and we can continue to pillory them wildly for signing him in the first place — but he has a back injury and a big cap number next year, and our defense is clearly much better without him in there. Rivera won’t even talk about him in press conferences, and it literally came out that they were going to cut him if they couldn’t move him.

These guys could teach a masterclass in torpedoing players’ value — that’s the tried and true SnyderSkins Way. But I’m honestly surprised under the circumstances that they got anything for him.

only because it's likely his former D B coach in Cincy likes him ( now with Pittsburgh ). Musta gone to bat to acquire him .

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We still haven't seen the details of the swap (I'm sure it is just a 6th for a 7th), but I think the biggest part is the cap maneuverability too. 

I’m not 100% on this, but I think it probably costs us a little bit this year. Spotrac says a post June 1 trade will dump $3M in dead cap on the 2022 cap number, and we’re clearing about $2.77M in unpaid salary for this season. That dead cap number might be reduced by the proportion of the season he’s played, though (as I think that might make it “earned” now), so it could save us a few bucks.

It will free up some space next year, as we’ll carry $9M in dead cap space but will clear his projected $15.8M cap number. So we’re looking at a bit less than $7M freed up, compared to having him on the roster. That $9M in absolutely wasted space still hurts, though.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I’m not 100% on this, but I think it probably costs us a little bit this year. Spotrac says a post June 1 trade will dump $3M in dead cap on the 2022 cap number, and we’re clearing about $2.77M in unpaid salary for this season. That dead cap number might be reduced by the proportion of the season he’s played, though (as I think that might make it “earned” now), so it could save us a few bucks.

It will free up some space next year, as we’ll carry $9M in dead cap space but will clear his projected $15.8M cap number. So we’re looking at a bit less than $7M freed up, compared to having him on the roster. That $9M in absolutely wasted space still hurts, though.

I don't believe that we have his $9 million of dead cap. Unless we're taking part of his contract as a part of the trade it will be their problem not ours. All $15 million of it should be on them.

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Bingo!

Had they been able to keep the leaks under wraps for 6 more hours they would have had a better return. 

I do think fans here are being overly critical of the player and under critical of the scheme that has drastically failed for 3 years. William Jackson is a very good/great man coverage CB. He is specifically pretty good at "press man" and we all know this team is the anti-press.

When he performs well for Pittsburgh, no one should be surprised because that staff knows how to put players in a position to succeed. 

• Like 1