Colton Mckivitz sprained MCL; Placed on IR 10/8

Forge

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

C'mon Kyle, just let Brunskill play OT. Been asking for this since 2019. Perfect opportunity at the moment. So that means it definitely won't happen smfh...

Moore against that Panthers defense..... Not great lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Moore against that Panthers defense..... Not great lol

That whole edge rushing draft class is dominating right now. Brian Burns and (the other) Josh Allen have finally gotten to the levels I think that we expected them to get to. And Bosa’s been at his own level.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JIllg said:

That whole edge rushing draft class is dominating right now. Brian Burns and (the other) Josh Allen have finally gotten to the levels I think that we expected them to get to. And Bosa’s been at his own level.

I really thought Burns was the best pure edge rusher in that class. Bosa was the surest thing and the most ready to hit the ground running. It was the gamble that Burns could add weight/strength and still be as explosive. Wasn't the biggest Allen fan from a pure pass-rusher perspective. Loved everything else he brought to the table.

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I really thought Burns was the best pure edge rusher in that class. Bosa was the surest thing and the most ready to hit the ground running. It was the gamble that Burns could add weight/strength and still be as explosive. Wasn't the biggest Allen fan from a pure pass-rusher perspective. Loved everything else he brought to the table.

And that's not talking about Maxx Crosby and Rashan Gary and Montez Sweat and Zach Allen. Like, if you didn't take Clelin Farrell, you came out of that draft with an awesome pass rusher by now. And one of the better ones in the NFL. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

And that's not talking about Maxx Crosby and Rashan Gary and Montez Sweat and Zach Allen. Like, if you didn't take Clelin Farrell, you came out of that draft with an awesome pass rusher by now. And one of the better ones in the NFL. 

My favorite at the time if we did not choose Bosa. Never have I ever wanted a prospect more than I did Bosa, though. 

Did I mention I have his jersey? 😏

2 hours ago, JIllg said:

This post firing shots at Mayock and Gruden like

Shooting GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

This post firing shots at Mayock and Gruden like

Shooting GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Mostly Gruden, I think. Mayock was always bland but conventional as a draft analyst and had a solid grasp of what players were highly valued by the league and who wasn't. Watching his old footage, it is full of - "you can like that guy a lot, but the league isn't as high on him, so you can get him later". I find it difficult to believe that a Mayock with the greater say ended up trashing conventional consensus by as much as the Raiders did. Like, if Mayock seemed to be a hubristic maverick type in his takes, I'd get it. But he was the opposite of that. Plus, the guys that the Raiders kept taking were laughably all from like the most prominent CFP teams. For me, that points to a greater power in the front office with a thin knowledge of the draft pool and enough hubris or lack of knowledge of the thoughts of the rest of the league that they kept pushing for their guys regardless of external evaluation. I wonder who that could be? 

• Like 3

Like, in the QB draft two years ago, my brother and I had made picks pretending to be teams. And when we got to Oakland, we were like - who is a player from a big school whose tv analyst word of mouth just doesn't match how good they look on film? And we were like - definitely Alex Leatherwood. And lo, the Raiders did take Alex Leatherwood and we laughed ourselves silly.

• Like 3