2023 MOCK v1

Kiltman

• 1Texans LogoC.J. Stroud  QB | Ohio State Logo
    • Not sure Stroud is the top guy, but wanted to do one where him and Jaxson pick back up where they left off.
  • 2Panthers LogoBryce Young QB | Alabama Logo
    • New regime in Carolina go with the surer bet of Young.
  • 3Colts LogoWill Levis QB | Kentucky Logo                                               (TRADE from LV)
    • Colts are desperate, I think Ballard or Reich will get axed after multiple years of failure to get the right QB. I expect them to try to get Rodgers if things continue to be not great upin GB. But the vet QB market isn't all that enticing.
    • Raiders will convince themselves Carr is fine enough again.
  • 4Eagles LogoWill Anderson Jr. EDGE | Alabama Logo
    • Did I just want to do this to get Will Anderson on the Eagles? Who's to say ha. But they'll happily take any of the guys who are about to go 4-7.
  • 5Steelers LogoJalen Carter DL | Georgia Logo
    • BPA for the Steelers, their kinda guy as they wait and see what Pickett can do.
  • 6Patriots Logo Myles Murphy EDGE | Clemson Logo 
    • Belichick would've probably loved Anderson or Carter...but Murphy isn't much of a step down.
  • Commanders LogoKelee Ringo CB | Georgia Logo 
    • Washington needs to build this D up, Ringo is a good piece for the back end.
  • 8Lions Logo Bryan Bresee DL | Clemson Logo 
    • Detroit got beat out for the trade up to #3, just go big again like they want to do on those lines.
  • 9Raiders LogoPeter Skoronski OT | Northwestern Logo                                                (TRADE from IND)
    • OT and a boat load of picks for McDaniels to build his team (which probably won't go end so well).
  • 10Falcons LogoJordan Addison WR | USC Logo 
    • Really wanted to go Richardson here, but I don't think they'll do it. Probably should be D, but lets give that surprising offense a compliment to the big guys they have
  • 11Texans LogoJaxon Smith-Njigba WR | Ohio State Logo
    • As I said at #1, Jaxson gets to be the #1 they haven't had and Stroud walks into a a better situation than Houston has had since the tear down started.
  • 12Seahawks LogoMichael Mayer TE | Notre Dame Logo 
    • Seems Seattle-ish, but at least he's a good player. A team Richardson has a chance to go to, maybe the next pick?
  • 13Bears LogoKayshon Boutte WR | LSU Logo                                                (TRADE from SEA)
    • Nope they traded, the Bears need to help Fields. Yeah he's probably not going to ascend, but at least give it a shot. At the very least it gives the next guy a weapon.
  • 14Chargers LogoParis Johnson Jr. OT | Ohio State Logo 
    • The Perpetual Limbo Chargers select a fine pick that won't really move the needle, doomed again to never really put it together.
  • 15Cardinals LogoJoey Porter Jr. CB | Penn State Logo 
    • I think Joey Porter Jr will maybe go higher than this, but working with the board as is. Versatile big corner to hopefully help you take on the wideouts in the division.
    • Their biggest improvement will come when they fire Kliff. My guess is they'll hire Steichen out of Philly.
  • 16Lions LogoAnthony Richardson QB | Florida Logo 
    • Lions are patient and get their QB, if he hits they'll be a really fun team.
  • 17 Jets LogoIsaiah Foskey EDGE | Notre Dame Logo 
    • Jets hope an edge can help that D, another team that seems stuck for a bit. Wilson probably isn't gonna be the guy.
  • 18Seahawks LogoTrenton Simpson LB | Clemson Logo                                                (TRADE from CHI)
    • Big ol' athletic LB...seems like a seattle pick, which at least sorta has a need.
  • 19Ravens LogoNoah Sewell LB | Oregon Logo 
    • Ravens patiently stand pat and get a guy they'd probably draft 6 spots hirer if they had to.
  • 20Dolphins LogoBijan Robinson RB | Texas Logo
    • Normally hate taking RBs early, and this is so chalk, but Bijan would add a lot to that offense.
  • 21Buccaneers LogoNolan Smith EDGE | Georgia Logo
    • Mystery will be will Brady be back now that he doesn't have a marriage to consider. Even so I'd suspect them to go the vet route, maybe trade for Mills from Houston. Smith adds to their strength and is just sorta BPA.
  • 22Bengals LogoCam Smith CB | South Carolina Logo
    • Cincy I think gels as the year goes on offense, add to that D to help them out.
  • 23Titans Logo Gervon Dexter DL | Florida Logo
    • Titans won't be picking this low, but with a transition coming they just add an athlete that can fit into what they want to do.
  • 24Giants LogoTyree Wilson DL | Texas Tech Logo
    • Giants also won't be picking this low. With no great options they add to the line.
  • 25Jaguars LogoBroderick Jones OT | Georgia Logo
    • Dougie P brings the Andy/Eagles ways out and they try to really firm up the offense.
  • 26Bills LogoQuentin Johnston WR | TCU Logo
    • Bills I think will still probably make the SB, but lets add another weapon to make that a more regular thing.
  • 27Cowboys LogoAndre Carter II EDGE | Army Logo
    • Dallas taking more of a name / potential star over a obvious need or two? Jerry Prime is back
  • 28Packers LogoJaelyn Duncan OT | Maryland Logo
    • At least it's offense? They kinda suck right now, if they are picking this late they finally got it together.
  • 29Chiefs LogoJosh Downs WR | North Carolina Logo
    • Give Patty weapons til they stick.
  • 30Vikings LogoB.J. Ojulari EDGE | LSU Logo
    • Minny adds a fit for their newer scheme. In a weak NFC, they certainly could be here as they are now.
  •                                                 (Dolphins Forfeit #31)
    31Eagles LogoEli Ricks CB | Alabama Logo
    • Eagles add a young corner on the outside. If they have to pay Jalen Hurts, Bradberry isn't back. Slay is going to enter his mid-30s soon, andas a corner thats uncharted for top play. Best get a guy now so the transition doesn't hurt so much.

TRADES      

raiders.svgLas Vegas Receives: 2023: 1st #9, 2nd #40   /  2024: 1st and 3rd
    colts.svgIndianapolis Receives: 2023: 1st #3

seahawks.svg Seattle Receives: 2023: 1st #18 and 3rd #79
    bears.svgChicago Receives: 2023: 1st #13
  • Like 3

This mock was made at like 33% scouting guys well, going mostly off preexisting big boards or consensus team needs for the most part. 

And yeah I totally did this to see different iterations on that top 10, but figured I'd build one out all the way for here.

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

This mock was made at like 33% scouting guys well, going mostly off preexisting big boards or consensus team needs for the most part. 

And yeah I totally did this to see different iterations on that top 10, but figured I'd build one out all the way for here.

Jags don't need a RT.  Yes Taylor is a free agent but walker little is sitting there in the wings.  

Jags go Johnston from tcu.  Marvin Jones is kinda washed up at this point. Jags need a starting wr especially a younger one. 

• Like 1

Titans taking an interior DL would be infuriating to me.  They have big needs at left tackle, left guard, and edge, with lesser needs at tight end and wide receiver, and all that with the likelihood of a new QB starting in 2023.  The interior DL is actually very, very solid right now.  I could see this happening, maybe, if Walker, Hand, Tart, and Jones all walk away in free agency, but it's hard to imagine the team not retaining a couple of them.

Even then, the needs on offense and edge really ought to be the priority.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:
10Falcons LogoJordan Addison WR | USC Logo 
  • Really wanted to go Richardson here, but I don't think they'll do it. Probably should be D, but lets give that surprising offense a compliment to the big guys they have

I like the formatting. The reasoning here is a bit confusing. If they wanted a smaller WR, they could just bring back Calvin Ridley next year. He's already under contract.

On the flip side, looking at fat dudes is the way to go for the Falcons. OL, DT/DE types are what I would expect them to focus on. Need a longer-term solution for LG and competition at RT and need someone to help impact defenses inside with Grady Jarrett and Taquon Graham. Though, a guy like Nolan SMith at EDGE could also be an interesting move. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I just commented on the other mock draft about your reasoning for the Colts. It’s now coming out that Ballard wanted Justin Fields but didn’t want to have to wait for a rookie QB to develop. 

I think Ballard is gonna get canned personally. 
Regardless this is from on high from Irsay.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I like the formatting. The reasoning here is a bit confusing. If they wanted a smaller WR, they could just bring back Calvin Ridley next year. He's already under contract.

On the flip side, looking at fat dudes is the way to go for the Falcons. OL, DT/DE types are what I would expect them to focus on. Need a longer-term solution for LG and competition at RT and need someone to help impact defenses inside with Grady Jarrett and Taquon Graham. Though, a guy like Nolan SMith at EDGE could also be an interesting move. 

My assumption was his desire to leave hadn't changed, though maybe enough has changed he's fine staying now?
Also just kinda how the board was.

I just wanted to go a different way for them. They'll have a lot of cap space and could fill some of those spaces out with that.
If they too want a big bodied guy, maybe they are a tradeup target for some teams. Lot of those bigger interior guys in the last 3rd of the draft.
Would be an attractive spot for a team wanting Mayer or Joey Porter Jr (who I also thought of giving them).

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Jags don't need a RT.  Yes Taylor is a free agent but walker little is sitting there in the wings.  

Jags go Johnston from tcu.  Marvin Jones is kinda washed up at this point. Jags need a starting wr especially a younger one. 

I think Broderick has versatile to play Guard, basically just a piece for that OL to grow.
I'm with you that a Wideout could help a lot too.

If he wasn't going so high I could really see them going up for Michael Mayer in the real draft. 
They'll probably pick at like 20-22, need to move up like 10 picks.
With how much Doug loves the TE, it'd make sense. Give Lawrence a go to guy.

Engram is serviceable, but the two of them and Doug can do what he likes to do.
EE can move around a bit.

31 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

My assumption was his desire to leave hadn't changed, though maybe enough has changed he's fine staying now?
Also just kinda how the board was.

I just wanted to go a different way for them. They'll have a lot of cap space and could fill some of those spaces out with that.
If they too want a big bodied guy, maybe they are a tradeup target for some teams. Lot of those bigger interior guys in the last 3rd of the draft.
Would be an attractive spot for a team wanting Mayer or Joey Porter Jr (who I also thought of giving them).

There wasn't a desire to leave. He was basically being booted because of the way he left the team. But the gambling thing might make it tough to trade him, so they might be stuck with him. IF he performs and buys in, he might end up sticking here.

They have a lot of cap space, But I could see them trading down or up. REally just depends on who falls and what they really want. 

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

There wasn't a desire to leave. He was basically being booted because of the way he left the team. But the gambling thing might make it tough to trade him, so they might be stuck with him. IF he performs and buys in, he might end up sticking here.

They have a lot of cap space, But I could see them trading down or up. REally just depends on who falls and what they really want. 

Ah ok, knew some of the situation...especially after the Eagles almost traded for him.
I agree trading him is a bit murky. Might be better off just moving on and not dealing with it, get an ok pick for him
Nice thing is the gambling isn't like a habitual issue.

I think the next one i might juggle up the order to reflect more what it'll probably be, way the Lions have played I don't think they'll be top 10.
So a guy Bryan Bresee could make it to you guys. 

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think Broderick has versatile to play Guard, basically just a piece for that OL to grow.
I'm with you that a Wideout could help a lot too.

If he wasn't going so high I could really see them going up for Michael Mayer in the real draft. 
They'll probably pick at like 20-22, need to move up like 10 picks.
With how much Doug loves the TE, it'd make sense. Give Lawrence a go to guy.

Engram is serviceable, but the two of them and Doug can do what he likes to do.
EE can move around a bit.

We all thought we would have went OL this past draft and we didn't.  We can get a guard round 2-4.   

Meyer makes the most sense but he's not available in your scenario and for Evan Engram he's a FA to be at the end of the year just like all our other tes besides Farrell. 

With Marvin Jones a FA WR looks to be a bigger need. 

Could also argue for whatever position we cut guys from for cap space (IDL, S, CB).   

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

We all thought we would have went OL this past draft and we didn't.  We can get a guard round 2-4.   

Meyer makes the most sense but he's not available in your scenario and for Evan Engram he's a FA to be at the end of the year just like all our other tes besides Farrell. 

With Marvin Jones a FA WR looks to be a bigger need. 

Could also argue for whatever position we cut guys from for cap space (IDL, S, CB).   

Whenever I do v2 I think getting Meyer to the Jags would be something I’d like to do going in. Looking at it they by far are the best fit.