2023 MOCK v1

Kiltman

14 hours ago, scar988 said:

I like the formatting. The reasoning here is a bit confusing. If they wanted a smaller WR, they could just bring back Calvin Ridley next year. He's already under contract.

On the flip side, looking at fat dudes is the way to go for the Falcons. OL, DT/DE types are what I would expect them to focus on. Need a longer-term solution for LG and competition at RT and need someone to help impact defenses inside with Grady Jarrett and Taquon Graham. Though, a guy like Nolan SMith at EDGE could also be an interesting move. 

Im with Scar on pretty much every bit of this and i personally wouldn't be a fan of taking a #3 or 4 target in the top 10. 

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

My assumption was his desire to leave hadn't changed, though maybe enough has changed he's fine staying now?
Also just kinda how the board was.

I just wanted to go a different way for them. They'll have a lot of cap space and could fill some of those spaces out with that.
If they too want a big bodied guy, maybe they are a tradeup target for some teams. Lot of those bigger interior guys in the last 3rd of the draft.
Would be an attractive spot for a team wanting Mayer or Joey Porter Jr (who I also thought of giving them).

Plus it wasn't that Ridley didn't want to be here that never was a thing.  It was that he had some mental issues at the time to deal with and needed some time off.   I feel Ridley and OZ can handle that #3 slot WR position no problem.    Pitts plays more at WR than he did TE as well so he honestly is more of the true #1 or 2 WR than anything else.  Although he is so versatile you can put him at TE as well which is what he is considered but you just put him wherever is needed.

@Kiltman I appreciate the approach for the Lions at #8 in this draft. We desperately need to address the defensive interior in a big way. Adding a pass-rushing DT in Bresee should help a ton in taking pressure off of guys like Hutchinson. 

I really don't like the idea of drafting a QB in 2023 for the Lions. Especially a guy that would be a developmental prospect. Up until this week, the Lions had the #1 scoring offense in the league. It's smoke and mirrors in a way but I'd say they are a solid top 10 team. We have the OL that can provide protection; we have effective runners (when healthy) in Swift and Williams with Reynolds being a solid RB3; Hockenson has the tools to go off (like he did in week 4) but he's spotty/inconsistent; we have a really good WR in ARSB, Chark has potential to be a very good WR2, Josh Reynolds has good rapport with Goff. We still haven't seen what the offense looks like with a weapon like Jameson Williams in the mix. As long as he can be protected and not asked to be a superhero, Goff can win games and be an effective QB. He's probably a top 12 - 16 QB. I don't think it's beneficial to bring in a developmental guy who is going to sit on the bench at this point. We've seen a team that can have an effective offense and really needs guys that can/will contribute immediately and early, especially on defense. 

Adding someone in the secondary, particularly opposite of Okudah, should be a big help. We also desperately need help at LB to pair with surprising rookie Malcolm Rodriguez. However, I don't think the Lions FO values LB as much. I would even be open to adding someone like Foskey to pair opposite of Hutchinson. 

An unpopular pick would be the addition of Bijian Robinson but he could also make a lot of sense for this team. Jamaal Williams is going to be a UFA at the end of this season and will be 28. D'Andre Swift has been a dynamic dual threat weapon when healthy but he's really struggled to stay on the field due to injuries. The Lions want to play old school football - run the ball, control the clock and win with defense. Having a two headed monster of Robinson and Swift would allow them to run a lot of different looks and be able to stick with their preferred gameplan. Swift is also going to be a UFA in 2024, which would give the FO flexibility in what kind of contract they can offer Swift. We'd also get Robinson under contract for 5 years. You can walk away and let someone else pay him big time (getting a comp pick in the process) or trade him to a team that wants to pay top dollar or you re-sign him to a friendly deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

@Kiltman I appreciate the approach for the Lions at #8 in this draft. We desperately need to address the defensive interior in a big way. Adding a pass-rushing DT in Bresee should help a ton in taking pressure off of guys like Hutchinson. 

I really don't like the idea of drafting a QB in 2023 for the Lions. Especially a guy that would be a developmental prospect. Up until this week, the Lions had the #1 scoring offense in the league. It's smoke and mirrors in a way but I'd say they are a solid top 10 team. We have the OL that can provide protection; we have effective runners (when healthy) in Swift and Williams with Reynolds being a solid RB3; Hockenson has the tools to go off (like he did in week 4) but he's spotty/inconsistent; we have a really good WR in ARSB, Chark has potential to be a very good WR2, Josh Reynolds has good rapport with Goff. We still haven't seen what the offense looks like with a weapon like Jameson Williams in the mix. As long as he can be protected and not asked to be a superhero, Goff can win games and be an effective QB. He's probably a top 12 - 16 QB. I don't think it's beneficial to bring in a developmental guy who is going to sit on the bench at this point. We've seen a team that can have an effective offense and really needs guys that can/will contribute immediately and early, especially on defense. 

Adding someone in the secondary, particularly opposite of Okudah, should be a big help. We also desperately need help at LB to pair with surprising rookie Malcolm Rodriguez. However, I don't think the Lions FO values LB as much. I would even be open to adding someone like Foskey to pair opposite of Hutchinson. 

An unpopular pick would be the addition of Bijian Robinson but he could also make a lot of sense for this team. Jamaal Williams is going to be a UFA at the end of this season and will be 28. D'Andre Swift has been a dynamic dual threat weapon when healthy but he's really struggled to stay on the field due to injuries. The Lions want to play old school football - run the ball, control the clock and win with defense. Having a two headed monster of Robinson and Swift would allow them to run a lot of different looks and be able to stick with their preferred gameplan. Swift is also going to be a UFA in 2024, which would give the FO flexibility in what kind of contract they can offer Swift. We'd also get Robinson under contract for 5 years. You can walk away and let someone else pay him big time (getting a comp pick in the process) or trade him to a team that wants to pay top dollar or you re-sign him to a friendly deal. 

Totally makes sense, I’m not a big believer in Goff ever doing much more than middle of the road. Kirk Cousin without such an annoying personality.

My thinking was this…
Next year will be with this staffs last chance to turn these into wins, or show a clear path to getting there. Smaller chance they do move on this year and you’ll have a new staff wanting to get their guy.

The thought of Richardson hitting with a good oline, two good backs, Hockenson, Williams and Amon-Ra is a fun explosive prospect. Which with the state of the division could be really good in a weakened conference.

Thinking of ways to elevate the team and a more dynamic QB would help, especially since you can pay the rest of the guys around him more.

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Totally makes sense, I’m not a big believer in Goff ever doing much more than middle of the road. Kirk Cousin without such an annoying personality.

My thinking was this…
Next year will be with this staffs last chance to turn these into wins, or show a clear path to getting there. Smaller chance they do move on this year and you’ll have a new staff wanting to get their guy.

The thought of Richardson hitting with a good oline, two good backs, Hockenson, Williams and Amon-Ra is a fun explosive prospect. Which with the state of the division could be really good in a weakened conference.

Thinking of ways to elevate the team and a more dynamic QB would help, especially since you can pay the rest of the guys around him more.

I just feel like (Richardson) is going to get redshirted most if not all of his rookie year. Assuming a year where the Lions have a top 5 pick is not a good one. Year 3 has to get off to a good start otherwise things could go downhill quickly. A rookie QB could buy a bit more time but that's not always the case. Ill take Kirk Cousins if it means we're building out the rest of the team. We had the #1 offense for 4 weeks under Goff. We'd be talking about playoffs if we had an average defense instead of a top 10 pick. 

Don't think the Raiders get that much for QB3 when they're only moving down 6 slots.  Feels like more like an Eli Manning-level package (1st and 3rd this year, 1st and 5th next year) at most.  Or something like a FRP and SRP this year plus a SRP next year.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Don't think the Raiders get that much for QB3 when they're only moving down 6 slots.  Feels like more like an Eli Manning-level package (1st and 3rd this year, 1st and 5th next year) at most.  Or something like a FRP and SRP this year plus a SRP next year.

thought was commodity, multiple teams would want a QB there. many of them with better ammo than the colts.

So they up their game a bit, but sorta went off the Trey Lance trade
1st (3rd overall) to San Francisco in exchange for a 1st (12th overall), 2022 first and third round selections, and a 2023 first-round selection.
And took off a bit for the reasons you illustrated.

They are similar draft pools too in terms of a good 12-13 good players with a couple QBs.
The largest thing is the colts need to get their long term fix at QB, that desperation won't make things cheaper.

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

thought was commodity, multiple teams would want a QB there. many of them with better ammo than the colts.

So they up their game a bit, but sorta went off the Trey Lance trade
1st (3rd overall) to San Francisco in exchange for a 1st (12th overall), 2022 first and third round selections, and a 2023 first-round selection.
And took off a bit for the reasons you illustrated.

They are similar draft pools too in terms of a good 12-13 good players with a couple QBs.
The largest thing is the colts need to get their long term fix at QB, that desperation won't make things cheaper.

Don't think Levis is going to generate the same amount of buzz that Trey Lance did.  From a pure physical standpoint, Lance was your prototypical QB prospect.  There wasn't a ton of tape around him, so the upside was significant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at this draft again and any of those guys from 4 to 9 would be awesome for us lol.  So if anyone of those teams don't want their guy we would gladly take them :D

Anderson, Murphy, Bresse, Skoronski, Ringo, and for sure Carter if the steelers don't want him would be huge :)  Thats a really strong top 10 list this year and if the Falcons continue to be solid im gonna be a little sad to miss out on that group lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Raves said:

I know I've been railing on the age thing about Hooker, but surprised you don't even have him in the 1st round

to be fair made this Oct 5th, at that point he'd only just helped them beat Florida. (before that Ball State, Akron and barely beating Pitt)

Probably gonna do a version 2 soon, he'll make it in. Too many teams need QBs not to.
Bucs, Panthers, Colts, Washington...any of these teams with a bad QB situation winning too much in this Uber-parody year in the NFL.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

to be fair made this Oct 5th, at that point he'd only just helped them beat Florida. (before that Ball State, Akron and barely beating Pitt)

Probably gonna do a version 2 soon, he'll make it in. Too many teams need QBs not to.
Bucs, Panthers, Colts, Washington...any of these teams with a bad QB situation winning too much in this Uber-parody year in the NFL.

they would be making a mistake taking Hooker in round 1.... 

1) hes going to be  a 25 year old rookie. 

2) hes going to be a 25 year old rookie. 

3) his success is based off one-read plays and rpos and doesnt seem to have great progression and that would take time to gain. 

• 1 month later...