Week 5 GDT Pittsburgh at Buffalo: Pickett visits the Mafia

Trentwannabe

Steelers vs. Bills - Game Summary - October 9, 2022 - ESPN

Another AFC North opponent for the Bills this week. This time, against a rookie QB making his first career start. The Steelers will be without TJ Watt who is still on IR. He was a game wrecker the last time these two teams met. The Bills could be getting back Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips.

CB (and former college teammate of Kenny Pickett) Dane Jackson came back last week and looked very good. As does rookie Kaiir Elam. The Bills have arguably the best LB duo in the league right now between Edmunds and Milano. Oh and Mr. Pick himself, Jordan Poyer is off to a career year. I haven't even mention the DL that comes after QB's in waves right now lead by Von Miller and Gregory Rousseau.

The Bills concerns are on offense, despite their numbers. Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs are elite and will be an issue for any team. But the Bills OL continues to struggle in run blocking, Singletary is the only proven back right now and he had a fumble and a drop last week. Gabe Davis is still dealing with an ankle injury that has slowed him down and now Crowder is on IR and McKenzie is in concussion protocol. Dawson Knox and rookie Khalil Shakir need to step up big and could be in for big games. 

Final prediction: 
The Bills are the better team, playing at home with an aggressive and opportunistic defense against a rookie QB making his first start. I won't go as far as others and say it's a blowout. But I expect a comfortable win.

Bills 27
Steelers 13.

I'll be at this one. The weather looks BEAUTIFUL, which favors the Bills!

This one shouldn't be close. Buffalo is the far superior team, obviously.

The Steelers O line isn't all that good, so the pass rushers should EAT. They're starting a rookie QB who will likely go through some growing pains, which means a turnover or two is likely. Their run game is blah. 

Their pass defense is below average, though, statistically speaking- they're pretty good against the run. Missing Watt is a huge blow for them.

I'm going to guess we're putting our backup players in by the 4th quarter, but- as we all know all too well- it's any given Sunday, so these boys better come prepared to whoop ***!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Injury report today was brutal. Good week to face a bad team with a rookie QB cause we are depleted everywhere.

The only ones I’m actually intrigued by are Knox, Oliver and Phillips. 

I imagine Poyer and Edmunds not practicing was more precautionary then anything. 

14 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

I'll be at this one. The weather looks BEAUTIFUL, which favors the Bills!

This one shouldn't be close. Buffalo is the far superior team, obviously.

The Steelers O line isn't all that good, so the pass rushers should EAT. They're starting a rookie QB who will likely go through some growing pains, which means a turnover or two is likely. Their run game is blah. 

Their pass defense is below average, though, statistically speaking- they're pretty good against the run. Missing Watt is a huge blow for them.

I'm going to guess we're putting our backup players in by the 4th quarter, but- as we all know all too well- it's any given Sunday, so these boys better come prepared to whoop ***!

This forum is going to be dead on Sunday with most of us at the game lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Knox is questionable. This guy isn't off to a good start. I feel for him with what he's gone through recent;y, but I think this could end up being the worst contract Beane has given out. I have always thought Knox is overrated.

It will be very hard to accept that we might've paid Dawson Knox instead of Jordan Poyer.. A borderline top 7 TE vs an all pro top 5 safety that everyone can see plays a much bigger impact than Knox.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Also does this hinder us from keeping Edmunds?

I think we'll be fine with Edmunds and Ed Oliver but future contracts for Gabe Davis, Hyde, Poyer all might be tough. 

I get Beane thought he was making the right decision to pay Knox before he *potentially* could've blown up this season, saving the Bills money. But he isn't being targeted or making an impact much thru 4 games. Now looks like he is going to miss this weeks game as well. Hopefully he turns it around and makes the contract look better.

Woof.

The Bills will never admit it but if we weren’t playing Pittsburgh, I imagine Poyer would be playing. He finished the game against Baltimore (literally) so I don’t see this as anything more than a rest for the KC game looming. 

Sucks about Knox but he needs to get healed. Clearing been hampering him.