Week 11 GDT

Breesus mode

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Length of body of work. Stafford has 9 years where he was the unquestioned starter, Cousins has been the unquestioned starter for 3.

And I already mentioned it was just a quick list of QBs who have not played half of their career starts.

If you're defining career as "NFL career," Cousins has played at least half of the starts he'll have as a pro.  It's not like his body didn't take wear and tear while he played out his full eligibility at Michigan State.

1 hour ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The Oakland WR's can't catch or get open reliably. Lynch is underused and old (not helpful in the pass game either). Cook is fine but his hands have been notoriously inconsistent his whole career.

Cooper and Crabtree are big names. They're not playing well at all (Cooper especially)

Gosh, whatever did happen to Amari Cooper? I remember he came into the league highly touted, like he was going to be a Pro Bowl receiver; and he had a really good rookie season, I think, that supported those claims; now, you read a lot of criticism of the guy- mostly bad hands? What's wrong with him?

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

If you're defining career as "NFL career," Cousins has played at least half of the starts he'll have as a pro.  It's not like his body didn't take wear and tear while he played out his full eligibility at Michigan State.

I disagree wholeheartedly. He has less than 60 starts as a pro. Barring injury, I think he will absolutely play more than this year out and 4 more. That would put him still with under half his pro career ahead of him.

56 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Bills miss Dareus tbh.

Is that it? That great Rex Ryan defense and all? Maybe they miss Dareus, and Robert Woods, and Sammy Watkins, Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Cookie Gilchrist, Jim Dunaway, and Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion? What's going on?

9 minutes ago, bzane said:

Is that it? That great Rex Ryan defense and all? Maybe they miss Dareus, and Robert Woods, and Sammy Watkins, Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Cookie Gilchrist, Jim Dunaway, and Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion? What's going on?

I was actually going to say that if referring specifically to the run defense, it's missing Dareus some, but also Zach Brown and Nickell Roby-Coleman.  But don't mind KYDI, he pops up every time the Buffalo run defense has a poor outing this season to try and suggest the loss of Dareus is the culprit; and he does it purely to try to hype the Jags more for trading for Dareus.

Though, props on the Duby reference.  Even if it may take someone as old as Vike Daddy to remember him.

57 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I was actually going to say that if referring specifically to the run defense, it's missing Dareus some, but also Zach Brown and Nickell Roby-Coleman.  But don't mind KYDI, he pops up every time the Buffalo run defense has a poor outing this season to try and suggest the loss of Dareus is the culprit; and he does it purely to try to hype the Jags more for trading for Dareus.

Though, props on the Duby reference.  Even if it may take someone as old as Vike Daddy to remember him.

Hot damn, you know me very well.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Bills run D/defense as a whole has went off the rails in a bad way these last couple weeks.

Jaguars run defense goes from averaging 5.1 YPC prior to Dareus all the way down to 2.1 YPC (and I'm quite sure we're the 1st ranked run defense since the move happened whereas we sat at #32 prior).

Dareus isn't the only reason for what's happening in Buffalo, but it sure can't help.

Archived