Week 5 GDT: Raiders @ Chiefs - Just two Baby?

big_palooka

Week 5 finds our hero BP recovering from long, sweltering days in the sun of southern Mexico. His skin baked and still smelling of mezcal, he sits down at his once lonely desk to find his much beleaguered team has risen to the occasion and rode the Broncos back to the Rocky Mountains! There are signs of hope. A calm in the nation as they all soak in a victory!

He clears the fog from a long flight and several sleepless nights..... and then he see it. Week 5, Monday Night Football against..... wait, is this a mistake? Why the? Who the? Damn you NFL! A division opponent, back to back weeks? And none other than the Chiefs.

Fresh off their big "revenge" over Tampa Bay, the Chiefs are flying high. No Tyreek, no problem! Mahomes can barely walk from all the media slurping the past week. Andy Reid is showing why he's an all timer calling the offense. You almost forget they took an embarassing loss to the Colts just a week prior, somehow with Gus Bradley calling the defense! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJQWOmM1ZsmGFemCANCJH giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47r35ovqe3c6m2m2yi2y

Raiders defense needs to get some bodies back. Perryman is key here as the tone setter. KC likes to get on schedule with their RBs. And can somebody PLEASE help out Maxx!? This is the game Chandler Jones needs to show up! Blitzing Mahomes has never been kind to the Raiders. Graham frustrated Mahomes last year with the Giants and held Kelce in check. Can he replicate that this week?

On offense....enter Derek Carr. Arrowhead GEHA Stadium has never been good for him. And looking at the stats, KC is 5th in QB pressures. Are we going to get the panicked #4, or that guy we saw last week? The guy who runs and keeps plays alive? KC has been good agains the run, but Josh is running like he wants to be paid. Let him get his. Ultimately, this will be on Derek Carr. He needs to be great and I think this is the week he will.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4715s66k9q67s4w1xcu6

Chiefs Kingdom (how lame is this btw) think this ought to be an easy one:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47i3rfrm7wub9lvlghah

Let's take the show on the road and had these media darlings another L

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478inkaklufg2x1kw97i

• Like 6

Honestly if we can win this game somehow it will put us back where we need to be. We have the more talented team so thats not the problem. They have the better QB & Coach thats about it. if the raiders can win this game its a wide open division. I absolutely believe that its possible. we just need to run the ball and not get cute. 

• Like 1

Great write up, BP!

Raiders need to come out with their hair on fire. Play like they have nothing to lose, and and everything to gain. A win this week and we can forget about the 0-3 start. Pound Josh, and take advantage of mismatches. Carr will have to make some throws to keep up with Kermie. Hopefully we get some guys back and are close to full strength. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

On offense....enter Derek Carr. Arrowhead GEHA Stadium has never been good for him. And looking at the stats, KC is 5th in QB pressures. Are we going to get the panicked #4, or that guy we saw last week? The guy who runs and keeps plays alive? KC has been good agains the run, but Josh is running like he wants to be paid. Let him get his. Ultimately, this will be on Derek Carr. He needs to be great and I think this is the week he will.

I criticize Carr more than most in this forum but I think Carr's struggles have less to do from playing in KC as they do with when he plays in KC.  I have criticized the schedule makers that we always play KC in KC after Dec 1st.  2020 I believe was the first time Carr got to play in KC in the 1st half of the season and was also week 5.  Carr threw for 347 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int, 71% comp rate, and had a rating of 126.7.  We will see if this holds true this week.  It is also Carr's only victory in KC.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 4