Week 5 GDT: Raiders @ Chiefs - Just two Baby?

big_palooka

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

This is the worst opponent the Raiders could face at this time. 

The Raiders offense is no where near close enough to where it needs to be to be competitive with the Chiefs… This is not gonna be a fun one 

I disagree. I think it's a great spot. KC is coming off an emotional revenge type game and has Buffalo looming next week. 

For the Raiders, this should tell us if they are going to be competitive this season or not. Coming off a win. The offense is playing well, just need to finish and this defense is beatable.  

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I disagree. I think it's a great spot. KC is coming off an emotional revenge type game and has Buffalo looming next week. 

For the Raiders, this should tell us if they are going to be competitive this season or not. Coming off a win. The offense is playing well, just need to finish and this defense is beatable.  

It’s a good spot. Bettors call it a sandwich spot. A game between two of important ones. One week before and the week after.

My main concern is that the Chiefs felt very disrespected by Raiders gathering on their logo. They may not look ahead

I must have missed something...When did Pat get the Kermit nickname?!? lol

We can win this game by just turning FGs into TOUCHDOWNS!!! 20-20 Carr is usually golden, so make it the whole field for 60 min and any OT and we win. McDaniels can prove his worth by mixing things up and I don't mean 'trick plays' as those are usually saved for teams that need them. We could easily control the ball on Offense and score TD's then Graham fixes any glitches in the Defense at halftime and we win this one. 

If we're not running on all cylinders then a big loss is possible. Have to beat the best so taking out KC at home (not Arrowhead anymore?!?) is just what the Raiders need to get hot after an embarrasing start to the season. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NickButera said:

I say we lose by 14+. I just don't think we can keep up with Mahomes and co. Unless McDaniels and the offense unlock something special. We can get to the RedZone better than anyone. Just need to be able to score.

i have a feeling the complexity of JM's offense will take time to click for this team but when it does it will be a high octane O.  Let's just hope it's this week in Arrowhead and if not it will be a long game. 

We have to pound the rock early and cannot become one dimensional.  W have to keep them on their heels with the run game so that we can open up the pass game.  Establishing a run early will be the key to this game.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s a good spot. Bettors call it a sandwich spot. A game between two of important ones. One week before and the week after.

My main concern is that the Chiefs felt very disrespected by Raiders gathering on their logo. They may not look ahead

While I agree it was dumb to do, I think they are over it, that was what last year when they spanked us. Or was that after the whole bus thing, which was also dumb. 

Def dumb, but I dont think it is anything more motivational unless the Raiders do it again this year. 
The whole, end of that video, could easily just be mahommes talking about a divisional team coming to town. 

• Like 1

Keys to the game: 

Defense:

-who covers kelce? Ya sin? double him every play?

-playing 3 safety, harmon and moehrig deep, abram in the box

-interior pass rush?

Offense:

-will renfrow's potential return help with the RZ woes

-can the front continue against KC's DL? I think denver has a better DL, but we'll see

-can carr continue to run for first downs?

-can mcdaniels commit to the run, but know when to call aggressive pass plays?