Week 5 GDT: Raiders @ Chiefs - Just two Baby?

big_palooka

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Getting Renfrow back would be huge. The way teams are bracketing Waller and Adams, he should find a lot of open space to operate. 

I wish we had a home run threat at WR, still weird to me that we won't use Tyron Johnson. 

This is a game where Carr has to shine if we're going to win. The Chiefs have the best run defense in the NFL so far this season but have terrible against the pass. We can't afford to turn the ball over and we have to finish drives in the red zone. Guys like Waller, Adams, and Renfrow have to earn their big pay days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Getting Renfrow back would be huge. The way teams are bracketing Waller and Adams, he should find a lot of open space to operate. 

Yep. Bryce Callahan looked like his prime self week 1, but no reason that renfrow wouldn't do well after seeing how we had success force feeding him vs Arizona.

• Like 1

What’s the weather looking like for Monday Night? Carr has had one good game ever in Kansas City, which I think was 2020 if I remember correctly. The weather was warm that game, early into the season. Every other time Carr has been in KC his entire career has been a disaster. 

I think we’ll keep it “kind of” close, but I can’t see us beating KC on the road in primetime. They are looking like a Top 3-4 team in football. If we do beat them on the road in primetime, this team will truly be turning a corner. 

Turning a corner - win

Expected - kind of close loss

Disaster and restart the “can McDaniels” train - blowout loss

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

This is a game where Carr has to shine if we're going to win. The Chiefs have the best run defense in the NFL so far this season but have terrible against the pass. We can't afford to turn the ball over and we have to finish drives in the red zone. Guys like Waller, Adams, and Renfrow have to earn their big pay days. 

This is where stats are tricky, are they best run D, or do people just fall behind and lean on the pass 

I’d wager it’s a bit of both, and hope we make a point of giving Jacobs the ball

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What’s the weather looking like for Monday Night? Carr has had one good game ever in Kansas City, which I think was 2020 if I remember correctly. The weather was warm that game, early into the season. Every other time Carr has been in KC his entire career has been a disaster. 

Figured this one out a few years ago.  2020 was the only year that Carr has been scheduled to play in KC before Dec 1st.

14 Dec 14th

15 Jan 3rd

16 Dec 8th

17 Dec 10th

18 Dec 30th

19 Dec 1st

20 Oct 11th

21 Dec 12th

2020 was the only good game and win.  It is clear there is something funny going on but at the same time as a professional in year 9 Carr needs to fix that part of his game.

7 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

This is where stats are tricky, are they best run D, or do people just fall behind and lean on the pass 

I’d wager it’s a bit of both, and hope we make a point of giving Jacobs the ball

We should definitely still look to establish the run but if we're going to win the game I think Carr is going to have to have a big game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We did and our offense looked fantastic........ Then the ******* loser had to go do what he did and here we are

Ruggs was really coming along, and teams had to respect his speed leaving the middle open

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They've not been tested on the ground much to be fair. Cards and Bucs were playing from behind and barely ran the ball. The Colts Oline is terrible. They did a good job on Ekeler. 

Carr is not going to win a shootout. Jacobs is playing his best football. They can't get one dimensional.

• Like 2