GDT: Week 5 @ Minnesota Vikings --Will Fields finally pass for a TD in the 1st Q?

JAF-N72EX

Just now, Madmike90 said:

No doubt wasn't the best either no

Right. Pettis is a pro WR who got two hands on it, that should have still been caught. But the ball traveled like 15 yards through the air. Pro QBs should be able to dot those with ease. I'm sick of seeing Tru and Fields both make it impossible for the WRs to get YAC. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Pettis needs to be brave there...he isn't getting the 1st down but he is looking at the defender rather than catching the ball to make a field goal easier.

We need him to make that catch, but it really should be a better throw. And I don’t really understand that play on 3rd down when you’re already in FG range. 

Was our best drive of the year (execution, design, etc) post first play mishap until that last 2 plays

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

2 bad throws in consecutive plays for fields, the first of which cost a td. 

I'm not sold it was a bad throw because that is exactly where you would want to throw it to get the score and keep the ball away from the DB...Mooney seemed late & too deep out his break back to the pilon but we are never going to know for sure who went wrong.

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

We need him to make that catch, but it really should be a better throw. And I don’t really understand that play on 3rd down when you’re already in FG range. 

Was our best drive of the year (execution, design, etc) post first play mishap until that last 2 plays

The coaches were too scared of messing up and getting out of FG range. At least they didn't run a screen like they have almost every other time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I agree the throw could have been better but he had two hands on it...got to help each other out.

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I actually thought it was a good play as a man beater. Z seemed to clear out the CB and he just had to make the connection. NB got beat cleanly. 

Pretty conservative playcall for 3rd and 16 but I completely get trying to just get 5+.