Other Games - WK 11

Hunter2_1

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Injuries have taken their toll on a thin roster [like I predicted].

What I didn't see coming was how quickly the NFL adjusted to all these manufactured plays Reid had ready for us but we didn't see coming.

Reminiscent of the wildcat game.

They're so annoying. All these fancy gadget, johnny-come-lately plays. Just play football you pansies.

:D:D

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

People say "defense wins championships".  I disagree.  It's...

1.  Who has a QB

2.  Who has a team that's healthiest

3.  Who has a team that makes the least amount of idiotic decisions.

Patriots usually have 1+3 killed.  Just usually if we stay healthy or not.  Patriots right now are teetering on #2 IMO.

yeah, totally.

Although sometimes I think it's

1. Who has a QB

2. Who isn't stupid

3. If they are stupid, who can NOT be stupid at crucial times 

4. Healthiest 

Wait, I figured this out. Since Taylor is a great BACKUP, who can win a few games for you in a pinch, you need someone who he can actually back up to work that fabled game-winning magic. When he starts sucking (or so you perceive), you sit him for half a game and let that barn burn for his game-winner mana to recover and let him lose again on the unsuspecting NFL.

13 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Regressing to the mean.

Like to see if the Cowboys can keep their secondary from getting scorched again.

Refs missed huge DPI on Darby in the endzone.

Regressing to the mean would be if they hadn't inexplicably benched Tyrod for a 5th round rookie. This was a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the privates.

8 hours ago, biggbrd said:

Man, the Bills have been bad lately.

Bills fans are entertaining every year. You could feel sorry for them, but they are SO excitable early on and really bolshy in Gen - only to have their hopes dashed yet again and then you see the "everytime, I will never trust this team again". I guarantee you in September and October next season, they will be pushing their cause in Gen again. But again, I do feel sorry for them. No one deserves such a run of nothing to be happy about.

Archived