Who does better with this supporting cast?

mdonnelly21

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who does better with this supporting Cast?

• Peyton Manning
    • Aaron Rodgers

7 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Side note: Either QB puts up about 40-45 points per game with this offense. 

Side side note - They probably score on every single drive. So if their D can get them the ball back quickly, they score more like 50-60 every game.

I go Manning. 

• Like 1

Athletic receivers would do better with Manning. Manning will go off-script and take advantage of their athleticism. Rodgers is about premium route-running, efficiency, and rarely going off script. Athletic WR’s will still get their numbers with Rodgers, but I can’t see them reaching their potential like they would with Manning. 

Manning will make athletic WR’s look better. 

However, Rodgers would make bums off the street look way better and mid round picks look way better than Manning. 

The purpose of this exercise is to isolate QB play from poor talent. I feel Manning’s ability to scheme away from the defense enables lesser talent to be in position to win vs better talent. In this exercise, Manning’s scheming becomes nearly irrelevant.

So who can make the best reads post snap and make the most plays? Rodgers. Regarding the first part, he throws far less INTs; regarding the second part, he can make every throw… for as great as Peyton was, he couldn’t make every throw on every snap infinitum.

Peyton Manning is the better QB and if not for having to deal with a far superior conference to what Rodgers dealt with, he’d have had more rings to show.

But the answer is him, he’s getting 6500+ yards passing and 60+ TDs with this offense. We’ve got 17 games and an onslaught of talent.

Manning is also far less dependent on an offensive scheme as he IS the scheme. Also these guys are all going to respect Manning, whereas Rodgers personality might cause some conflict and that’s about the only thing I can think of that would limit this offense’s potential would be ego.

Manning has the communication ability to keep all these egos in check, whereas Rodgers might throw some gasoline on the fire and suddenly TO is pissed off and a locker room cancer.

• Like 1